Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ICYMI, Thurs 9/28/17 Recruiting Intelligence Report on 1037 The Buzz ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, September 28, 2017, 07:30:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

ICYMI, Thurs 9/28/17 Recruiting Intelligence Report on 1037 The Buzz ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/913784903875121152

Kevin McPherson

The exclusive was nothing explosive, just that Jordan Phillips told me tonite that he is effectively shutting it down and looking to make "decision in the next 5 days or so" and "Hogs still in the lead." I've been speculating that he might shut it down soon based on cancelling the VaTech visit this weekend, but now he's come out said it.

I guess he could change his mind, but it looks like we're going to hear something in the next few days and it's looks like he'll call the Hogs. If not, I think it means Arkansas moved on.

Kevin McPherson

Hawg Red

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 28, 2017, 09:39:36 pm
I guess he could change his mind, but it looks like we're going to hear something in the next few days and it's looks like he'll call the Hogs. If not, I think it means Arkansas moved on.

How much of a possibility is there that the staff might move on from Phillips? Is that more of a "have to consider it a possibility" thing or is it something that you might be sensing could happen?

Realize you probably won't be able to comment until Phillips announces something but would love to hear your thoughts behind that.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 29, 2017, 11:18:29 am
How much of a possibility is there that the staff might move on from Phillips? Is that more of a "have to consider it a possibility" thing or is it something that you might be sensing could happen?

Realize you probably won't be able to comment until Phillips announces something but would love to hear your thoughts behind that.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

ADavisTheGOAT

Hogs possibly getting a visit from Hellems or inquiring about Ramey?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hogwood

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on September 29, 2017, 04:59:45 pm
Hogs possibly getting a visit from Hellems or inquiring about Ramey?

But Kev just quoted Phillips as saying "Hogs still in the lead"... So I'd think we're in for a commitment. I'd think Phillips wouldn't have said that if we had backed off.

MakingPlays

Quote from: hogwood on September 29, 2017, 08:30:34 pm
But Kev just quoted Phillips as saying "Hogs still in the lead"... So I'd think we're in for a commitment. I'd think Phillips wouldn't have said that if we had backed off.

Well we could still be his favorites, but he doesn't have a commitable offer, and waiting to see if we're still an option for him.   I remember Rodgerick Brown, who ended up at Wichita State, had us as his leader for the longest time and everyone was reporting he didn't have a commitable offer.  Now, I do realize his situation was a little different due to grades, but still wouldn't surprise me if this was a situation where the staff was ready to take him on his visit, but have now gained ground on a higher rated target like Jericole Hellums and want to at least get him on a visit and get a feel for their chances with him before they take another commitment from someone like Phillips. 

It seems risky to do something like that, but they may feel since they already have 4 committed they can take a chance like that.