Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm ANGRY!

Started by Granny fan, October 12, 2013, 12:16:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

weresoclose

Quote from: Notshavin on October 12, 2013, 03:24:14 pm

2.  I didn't like how our D played.  I hope there was a lot of yelling by coaches and silence from the players after the game.

Accd to folks at the game, there was laughing, joking and general cutting up by the players at the end of the game.  Good times!!  Never, ever would have seen that under BP.

OTTER

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 03:38:47 pm
Mods have more patience than me....I would've already been taking my frustration out on the numerous idiots on here
Yep, there would have been some deleted posts and accounts if the Mods didn't have a lot of patience.  Maybe they will surgically remove some after they've knocked back a few cold ones!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Chief Mac

Quote from: weresoclose on October 12, 2013, 03:46:32 pm
Accd to folks at the game, there was laughing, joking and general cutting up by the players at the end of the game.  Good times!!  Never, ever would have seen that under BP.

Well maybe if the clown hadn't been so selfish he would still be here. He chose a piece of a$$ over coaching the Hogs. Piss on him and those than pine for him
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Knot2brite

Quote from: Redhogs on October 12, 2013, 03:07:58 pm
Yea....because we don't enjoy getting being bent over and embarrassed on national TV week after week and actually have the gall to state the obvious...gotcha.
You think I enjoy it DA? I can't stand it. But by the same token, I am not a moron that goes on here screaming for the head of a coach that has been on the job less than a year. As far as stating the obvious...it is obvious you are a self gratifying self centered fan
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HogFanatic

The lack of talent is a definite issue, but today I saw a team that folds under pressure.
That is at least partially a coaching issue.

Not mad though. I'm in wait and see mode.

OTTER

Sure.  You are always a reliable source of valid and intelligent information. 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Chief Mac

Quote from: OTTER on October 12, 2013, 03:48:14 pm
Yep, there would have been some deleted posts and accounts if the Mods didn't have a lot of patience.  Maybe they will surgically remove some after they've knocked back a few cold ones!

One can only hope...there is a lot of garbage feeding off posts where people are just venting. Same dirtbags posting the same tired shat since Bielema was hired.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

If that is true, that's terrible and shouldn't be tolerated.  However, attitude adjustments have been dealt with quickly and decisively by this staff.  We'll find out soon if that was the case.

Seems like our defensive players like to leave their feet and dive at the opponent, instead of moving their feet and tackling.  That's just one issue.  Ash has some major corrections to make.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Chief Mac

Quote from: mrp on October 12, 2013, 03:49:51 pm
Reinstate the Dork!

Bring John L. in as a consultant.....

We'll be fine.

SMILE!!!

tophawg19

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 12, 2013, 12:21:33 pm
Because you idiots have no idea what's going on. The fact is we have a severe lack of talent, depth, and experience thanks to Petrino.
if petrino was here we would be winning . it's not his fault that CBB can't make anything out of these kids . CBP sure could . this team has far more talent than nutt left CBP . A good staff finds ways to adjust to what players they have .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

weresoclose

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 03:49:21 pm
Well maybe if the clown hadn't been so selfish he would still be here. He chose a piece of a$$ over coaching the Hogs. Piss on him and those than pine for him

I enjoy winning.  Sorry you don't.  You should chime in that we need to bring back Frank!  Fits your mindset perfectly -- "nothing we can do to be at the top of the SEC."  We're wittle ole Arkiesaww and Bobby hurt our feelings by getting laid and not confessing, right?

Who cares??!!??  I mean seriously, who friggin cares??!!??  I want to win!!

Quote from: OTTER on October 12, 2013, 03:51:29 pm
Sure.  You are always a reliable source of valid and intelligent information. 

MULTIPLE posters have said this.  RM-PL.

Chief Mac

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 12, 2013, 03:57:15 pm
if petrino was here we would be winning . it's not his fault that CBB can't make anything out of these kids . CBP sure could . this team has far more talent than nutt left CBP . A good staff finds ways to adjust to what players they have .

Petrino's system relies on receivers being able to make plays, these receivers do not have that ability

Petrino would not be fairing much better

weresoclose

Quote from: Notshavin on October 12, 2013, 03:52:20 pm
If that is true, that's terrible and shouldn't be tolerated.  However, attitude adjustments have been dealt with quickly and decisively by this staff.  We'll find out soon if that was the case.

Seems like our defensive players like to leave their feet and dive at the opponent, instead of moving their feet and tackling.  That's just one issue.  Ash has some major corrections to make.

Why are there no corrections already being visible?

I don't care if we win games this year -- it was a lost season before it began, not having a QB or BP to coach ours up (or to have recruited one we could start now).

All I've ever said is I want to see gradual improvement.  You can't tell me we're seeing anything remotely close to that right now.

And now with a lack of control over the team's attitude?  Wow.

Razor6

@SF_TimesRecord: RT @TomOatesWSJ Since @jenbielema hit the send button and tweeted #karma, the #Razorbacks are 0-4. Just sayin'.
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Chief Mac

Quote from: weresoclose on October 12, 2013, 03:58:06 pm
I enjoy winning.  Sorry you don't.  You should chime in that we need to bring back Frank!  Fits your mindset perfectly -- "nothing we can do to be at the top of the SEC."  We're wittle ole Arkiesaww and Bobby hurt our feelings by getting laid and not confessing, right?

Who cares??!!??  I mean seriously, who friggin cares??!!??  I want to win!!

MULTIPLE posters have said this.  RM-PL.

I want to win too....even if he hadn't decided to choose a blonde over the Hogs, the team would be no better. The receivers on this team would not be able to make plays necessary for Petrino's offense to be successful but you go ahead and keep pining away for him little buddy

Chief Mac

Quote from: weresoclose on October 12, 2013, 04:02:08 pm

I don't care if we win games this year -- it was a lost season before it began, not having a QB or BP to coach ours up (or to have recruited one we could start now).

Petrino recruited Allen so there's that

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

Quote from: Blue35 on October 12, 2013, 12:18:53 pm
God awful piss poor pitiful performance.
I think that pretty much sums it up.

Jimbob111

Quote from: jimmur74 on October 12, 2013, 12:17:34 pm
Its called Poor Talent

Oh.  Cook, Swanson, Kirkland, Ollison, Skipper, Collins, Williams, Mitchel, Philon, and even B. Allen were rated relatively high, were they not?  I'm sure I could think of others. 

Coaching and lack of QB play cost us this game.  That and the fact that we have apparently sacrificed pass-blocking for a subpar run-blocking scheme.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

hog911

Quote from: Wayne Watson on October 12, 2013, 12:20:46 pm
Exactly, Ice.  Petrino didn't leave us with a lot of great recruits.

But somehow we went 10-2 the last year BP was here and finished #5 in the country!! Face it coaching is everything!!!!!!!!!

Chief Mac

Quote from: Jimbob111 on October 12, 2013, 04:21:29 pm
Oh.  Cook, Swanson, Kirkland, Ollison, Skipper, Collins, Williams, Mitchel, Philon, and even B. Allen were rated relatively high, were they not?  I'm sure I could think of others. 

Coaching and lack of QB play cost us this game.  That and the fact that we have apparently sacrificed pass-blocking for a subpar run-blocking scheme.

Inadequate talent at WR and LB is the problem on this team

Chief Mac

Quote from: hog911 on October 12, 2013, 04:22:55 pm
But somehow we went 10-2 the last year BP was here and finished #5 in the country!! Face it coaching is everything!!!!!!!!!

And those WR and QB from that team are no longer on campus. The ones that are were recruited by Petrino. He missed badly on his WR recruiting

hog911

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 04:25:12 pm
And those WR and QB from that team are no longer on campus. The ones that are were recruited by Petrino. He missed badly on his WR recruiting

If you remember correctly we had several WR who went elsewhere when BP was fired!

Chief Mac

Quote from: hog911 on October 12, 2013, 04:27:49 pm
If you remember correctly we had several WR who went elsewhere when BP was fired!

One that has caught all of five passes at his new school and one that wasn't seeing the field with Petrino here

Two = several huh?

Petrino did not do a good job in evaluating this group of receivers

moses_007

I guess the Atlanta Falcons fans are still blaming Petrino for their problems. 

Arkansas Fan

No.

Chief Mac

Quote from: moses_007 on October 12, 2013, 04:34:32 pm

Well considering he wasn't responsible for the majority of the players on their team....probably not

Keep hold of that BP rope little buddy

moses_007

At least Petrino would get up in a player's face when they screwed up, much like Mushchamp does at Florida.  Bielema just stands on the sidelines looking like Curly of the Three Stooges.

Arkansas Fan

Since they're in the NFL, they can go out and sign players to help their depth and experience problems. In college, you can't do that, obviously. So, we can blame Petrino for our depth problems for a few more years.

You people that continue to try and cover up Petrino's lack of recruiting and how it's hurting us are delusional and stupid.

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: Granny fan on October 12, 2013, 12:16:37 pm
We were told we had the BEST coaching staff in the nation!  Some one sold us a bill of goods.  I'm having a nightmare!  It looks like we have Nutt back for a coach and Casey Dick for QB!   :puke:

There's really no need to malign Casey Dick in this way.

Chief Mac

Quote from: moses_007 on October 12, 2013, 04:36:30 pm
At least Petrino would get up in a player's face when they screwed up, much like Mushchamp does at Florida.  Bielema just stands on the sidelines looking like Curly of the Three Stooges.

So because Bielema chooses to chew a$$ in private rather than public, he is a lessor coach....mmmkay

Gohawgs71

They recruit better

Roadrunner

that was your first mistake, believing what you were told.

it's just football.  there is plenty more in the world to be angry about than football.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

dc10x1103

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 12:42:26 pm
Given that his system relies on good QB/WR play you really think so huh?

Our WRs are not good and our QB has no confidence because he doesn't have anyone that will make a play from the WR position
ok chris, do you really think we can recruit elite QB's and WR's to play in a ground pound offense?   at wisc, with an outstanding QB  they rushed 71%.  why would a QB want to go anywhere to handoff 71% of the time?  and why would A WR want to block down field 7 out of 10 plays?   with all the schools playing a hurry-up spread offense they can pick and choose a school which would showcase their talents.  (BTW that is a great picture.  it brings back old memories)

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Moses that's actually not true.  CBB ripped Swanson and A.J. Derby a new one a couple of games ago after a fumble. 

But they do seem to most of the time do that sort of thing when there are no cameras around - and it has worked when they've addressed certain issues.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Chief Mac

Quote from: dc10x1103 on October 12, 2013, 06:55:07 pm
ok chris, do you really think we can recruit elite QB's and WR's to play in a ground pound offense?   at wisc, with an outstanding QB  they rushed 71%.  why would a QB want to go anywhere to handoff 71% of the time?  and why would A WR want to block down field 7 out of 10 plays?   with all the schools playing a hurry-up spread offense they can pick and choose a school which would showcase their talents.  (BTW that is a great picture.  it brings back old memories)

You never did address my post in the thread you started.  QBs at Wisconsin threw for over 2500 yds a season under Bielema and completed over 60% of their passes.  Getting more yds with fewer attempts is called efficiency. A run pass split of 2500 yds rushing/2500 yds passing is a lot better in my mind than passing for 3000 yds and only managing 1500 yds on the ground. Which of the scenarios is balance to you? 

Balance is being able to run or pass when you need to/want to. People that cling to balancing number of plays do not have a grasp on what coaches really mean when they say they want balance

As far as being in an offense that showcases their talent, Bama, LSU, UGA, FSU don't seem to have a problem attracting kids to their systems.

dc10x1103

chris, the way I am looking at this is.....in 2012 wisc passed 29% of the time. (and the QB was very good) forget the yardage.  it meant he was handing off 7 out of 10 plays.    ala  this year is passing 47% of the time.  2012   ala passed 36%.  uga this year  43%  2012 43%    lsu  this year 39%  2012 40%   fsu  this year 43%  2012  45%.....so an elite QB who wanted to showcase his skills  would have no problem considering any of the 4 teams you named. 

jcharkansas

yea I was thinking the same thing, petrino would be winning because the players would be scared not to perform good,  that's the difference its like smile again except with one more loss.

moses_007

Yep, CBP put the fear of Petrino in all of them.

Chief Mac

Quote from: dc10x1103 on October 12, 2013, 08:00:59 pm
chris, the way I am looking at this is.....in 2012 wisc passed 29% of the time. (and the QB was very good) forget the yardage.  it meant he was handing off 7 out of 10 plays.    ala  this year is passing 47% of the time.  2012   ala passed 36%.  uga this year  43%  2012 43%    lsu  this year 39%  2012 40%   fsu  this year 43%  2012  45%.....so an elite QB who wanted to showcase his skills  would have no problem considering any of the 4 teams you named. 

Forget the yardage??  Really?  I could care less how many times a game we pass it, as long as we're effective and efficient when we do it. That's how you win games. Doesn't matter the number of plays it takes, as long as the ball is moved down the field.

You want to be entertained...that's all. If it were about winning, you would see it the same way.   

As far as recruiting goes, kids want to win.  Bielema's teams averaged over 2500 yds in the air in his 7 years at Wisconsin and put QBs in the NFL.

By the way, Auburn threw the ball 21 times out of 65 plays tonight. 32%

razorbackkid

Volka and Orange Juice.......and a couple aspirins tomorrow...you'll be fine.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

SemperFi

Quote from: Granny fan on October 12, 2013, 12:16:37 pm
We were told we had the BEST coaching staff in the nation!  Some one sold us a bill of goods.  I'm having a nightmare!  It looks like we have Nutt back for a coach and Casey Dick for QB!   :puke:

I wish we had Casey Dick as our QB! He actually turned out to be a pretty good QB once Petrino opened up the offense.

You cannot compare this coaching staff to HDN. We DO NOT have the talent at QB or WR to allow this offense to succeed. Our two best offensive weapons (Collins & Henry) are true freshmen. Two of the starting offensive linemen (Kirkland & Skipper) are true freshmen. The Razorbacks are just thin at talent from almost every spot on the field. You can send your Thank You for a crappy season cards to Bobby Petrino and stop blaming the man that will get it turned around. If, after year three we give up 52 to any team then, I'll be happy to point a finger at Coach B.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

dc10x1103

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 11:44:39 pm
Forget the yardage??  Really?  I could care less how many times a game we pass it, as long as we're effective and efficient when we do it. That's how you win games. Doesn't matter the number of plays it takes, as long as the ball is moved down the field.

You want to be entertained...that's all. If it were about winning, you would see it the same way.   

As far as recruiting goes, kids want to win.  Bielema's teams averaged over 2500 yds in the air in his 7 years at Wisconsin and put QBs in the NFL.

I was not talking balanced offense when I said forget the yardage.  I was talking recruiting.  why would elite QB's and WR's go to a school and hand off and block 7 plays out of 10 when there so many hurry-up up tempo schools to choose from.  and no I do not think any offense can succeed unless the run opens up the pass and vice-versa.  and no I do not think a ground power attack , by itself, can succeed in the sec.

Granny fan

This +1!  A good coach can win with great talent, a great one can win with less talent!

jcharkansas

Quote from: Granny fan on October 13, 2013, 08:47:35 am

This +1!  A good coach can win with great talent, a great one can win with less talent!
yep Petrino could win more here right now than bert can.  Its just sad that the fans have to suffer because of JLs ego.  Although Im not saying what BP did was right it certainly could have be punished without termination.

hogcoots

Bielema tweets the players with his dissatisfaction.  Get with the times, man.

buldozer

We definitely don't have a SEC quality QB that's for sure....

Newhopehog

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 11:44:39 pm

Wasn't auburn using their second string qb due to season ending injury to starting qb...

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: hogcoots on October 13, 2013, 10:15:04 am
Bielema tweets the players with his dissatisfaction.  Get with the times, man.

No, he has his wife do it.

Chief Mac

Quote from: dc10x1103 on October 13, 2013, 08:18:20 am
I was not talking balanced offense when I said forget the yardage.  I was talking recruiting.  why would elite QB's and WR's go to a school and hand off and block 7 plays out of 10 when there so many hurry-up up tempo schools to choose from.  and no I do not think any offense can succeed unless the run opens up the pass and vice-versa.  and no I do not think a ground power attack , by itself, can succeed in the sec.

So do you think Gus will have trouble recruiting QBs after AU threw the ball 32% of their plays?

I can cherry pick stats to make my argument look better too

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 13, 2013, 11:26:32 am

So do you think Gus will have trouble recruiting QBs after AU threw the ball 32% of their plays?

I can cherry pick stats to make my argument look better too
we all know that lester will, I mean LSU ran the ball the entire second half....who would want to play as a qb on that team??

PP