Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 04, 2024, 08:17:29 am

Message Boards?

Started by Anson Marlow, July 31, 2006, 07:23:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Anson Marlow

After everything that has been said about Darren from here to Woopig to The Hill the question needs to be posed.  Darren has been judged on these sites and been called everything.  Others have come to his defense, but the negative is waht sticks out.  Many of us know nothing of the incident, yet have plenty to say. 

The criticism of coaches and palyers are now magnified because of these sites.  They are questioned on every decision.  It is fair?  That is the question: does it hurt the program?  Discuss
/list]

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Anson Marlow on July 31, 2006, 07:23:02 pm
Many of us know nothing of the incident, yet have plenty to say. 

That is a ridiculous statement.

Message boards' positives far outweigh any negative influences on the program.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

MrSpook1352

I voted maybe, but the real answer is sometimes maybe.  Message boards do a lot of good, but like anything else they occasionally (in my opinion) hurt.  I think the rumor earlier about Gus resigning was harmful and I do think extreme carping about the coach is not helpful.  But a good message board also helps inform fans and build excitement.  I think on the whole a good board is more help than harm, but even a good board is subject to the mistakes of its posters.  I doubt if a good one does much harm, but posters should still be careful.  Even if we only caused one Hillis or Williams or Jones to be turned off because he thought a rumor was true it would hurt.

Anson Marlow

I think message boards are a good place for discussion and entertaineent, but to say that the vemon that comes out of these places does not have a negative effect on people is naive.  THere are lots of faceless people here(meaning the internet) with lots to say, often not good things to say.
/list]

This board influenced MM's re-commitment to the U of A.  I also believe it's influence had a lot to do with the Malzahn hiring. 
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Anson Marlow

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on July 31, 2006, 07:36:14 pm
This board influenced MM's re-commitment to the U of A.  I also believe it's influence had a lot to do with the Malzahn hiring. 
This board??  Did you read any of the other boards during that time.  Some hardcore statements were posted, let me rephrase nasty statements.
/list]

SPAL

This whole time i thought Gus was the reason...thanks for clearin it up for me

dana caldwell

i think the fact that a message board like this exists in lil ol' arkansas tells prospects a lot about how much we (ya'll) care.
i think this board is a good thing for that direction. that many (most?) aren't on the houston train doesn't affect recruits nearly as much as if apathy was the norm here.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 31, 2006, 07:38:30 pm

This whole time i thought Gus was the reason...thanks for clearin it up for me

I said "influenced", not the deciding factor. 

And btw, I am not the only one who said that.  Mitch did too, in his interview.

Anson Marlow

Quote from: hogapalooza on July 31, 2006, 10:11:10 pm
WTH?

On a message board asking that Question?

STUPID Post as Stupid is!

SMITE THIS!
Where else would you ask it?
/list]

Richard_white

It hurt us so bad that we got the best HS QB committ to us.  IMO message boards has no influence on these kids.  You want to know what influence these kids to come or not come, win, recruit like you want them here.