Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redshirt Darren McFadden & Felix Jones, along with Mustain!???

Started by CorningHog, July 27, 2006, 07:35:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

After listening to all the alarming concerns and continuous opinions on the upcoming season and possible QB controversy, I have a SOLUTION!

Let's go ahead and redshirt Mitch Mustain.  Regardless of how good he is this year it would be unfair to Casey Dick, who allowed Houston Nutt to remove his redshirt 7 games into the season to avoid losing his job at the hands of Frank Broyles.  So, lets go ahead and let Casey be rewarded this season.  That is unless Robert Johnson comes back from his 2nd hernia operation to have an incredible year to tap into that Michael Vick type talent and arm.  Alex Wood and Gus Malzahn may just pull out that type of talent from Robert.

The logic is also to avoid a disaster at home with the USC Trojans.  Let us leave Mitch on the bench, even if over the next few weeks he proves without a shadow of a doubt that he is the ONLY QB that can make the precise passes to fast receivers on routes where the WR does not have to jump high or slow down and come back to the ball, like some QB's we know throw the ball.

While we may be missing an opportunity against USC by playing Mitch, if we redshirt Darren McFadden & Felix Jones, we can avoid any risk of injury against these powerful men of Troy and like last year against Vanderbilt, we can leave or talent on the bench.  That is, if we are going to lose, lets just make sure of it by leaving Mitch, Darren McFadden and Felix sitting and play Casey (who deserves it) and put Hillis back there at TB and move Farod Jackson to FB, or maybe Stumon.

I hope we also make sure that Danny, Houston, Markuson and the waterboys all get to have input on the playcalling.  I would hate to think that a vertical passing game may be discovered.  Heck, leave the strong armed freshman on the bench so that we make sure it stays bottled up like a genie in a magical bottle!

It is getting pathetic to listen to all the sports talk shows and all their "respect" angles, age, maturity, etc..etc.. about Mitch and the QB spot.  It gets more hilarious by the day.

One last thing... I can remember my own football teams struggles at times at QB and a potential state championship opportunity if we got thru round 2 against Augusta.  Had we had a 9th grader that had the talent of Mitch Mustain and brought him up for the varsity, ALL of my teammates would have welcomed him and the current QB would have moved to another position or would have sat the bench!  Players know when they see talent and a chance to improve their ability to win games.  This is the SEC and not the Southland or even old SWC.  You need ALL your bullets and as far as I am concerned, even during Stoerner's days, Arkansas has lacked a vertical passing game.  Nutt's version is basically a "dink" passing game that employs throwing low risk passes to the edge of the field and usually very few over the middle or long passes to stretch the field.  Even looking back at Stoerner's years, we never really attacked a defense with the passing game.

Maybe things will change this year!  I sure hope so, and if Gus or Mitch gets the glory or shares in it with the Lion's share, I will not begrudge them.  Whoever can take us to the Promised Land in the SEC has my vote.  Put the best 11 on the field, even if they are freshman! 

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

pioneerbasketball

clemensrules01

alright, this is not only a post supporting mitch, but a post attacking casey.

we dont know who the better qb is because we havent seen all three (including rojo) in the new offense. once practice starts, gus and alex and nutt will come to a decision on the starting qb. until then, we have to wait and speculate.

there is no sense in you arguing when no one has been named the starter.

T-Bag Hawg

It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

Smithian

This might be a joke post, but I think it is too outrageous to be a joke...

Ross U (HDHF)

I think we're probably about 10-15 days to the announcement of the starting QB (if indeed Gus want's to pick a man early and go with him).  This will all be resolved SOON imo.

Porkahontas

This is quite possibly the stupidest topic I've ever clicked upon.

By far.

CorningHog

THis is a stupid post started by me.

I wanted the fans and media who are running out of things to talk about to realize that these goofy arguments about "what I would do" and if Mitch starts, and why not wait until after the USC game, and all the other ones, are just fodder and speculation until after at least the first week or two of practice.

There is no merit to any speculation until the "real" practices begin and it is determined on the "field" whether Mitch can take the reins.  IF he is the best, I could care less that he is just a few months from being in high school.  Heck, the ones who want Casey to win the job forget he was just a few months last year from his senior year of high school.

Oh, and what was so great about last year?  That powerful running game still got us smoked by USC, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and LSU.  Oh, wow we beat Ole Miss, Missouri St, Miss St and ULM.  Man, those were great times boys! and girls!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

silvertip

T-Bag Hawg

It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!