Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Those of you who said we had no chance of beating UGA...

Started by TulsaHawg, October 22, 2005, 09:02:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

and who predicted that we would be completely blown out........

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

No we didn't win, and it's not a moral victory, but we did have our chances.  We just didn't eliminate our mistakes, and we didn't execute.

We could have won that game, and we SHOULD have won that game!!!

Now let's  learn from our mistakes, make some adjustments, and get ready for South Carolina! 

Go Hogs!!!!!!

jblack19

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:02:16 pm

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

No we didn't win, and it's not a moral victory, but we did have our chances.  We just didn't eliminate our mistakes, and we didn't execute.

Now let's  learn from our mistakes, make some adjustments, and get ready for South Carolina! 

Go Hogs!!!!!!
I agree. Defense looked awesome today. Held them to jack in rushing (dont know the exact #). Play a new QB and we improve more. Work on the passing game with a new QB this week, and PLAY him dammit!

razorback4life

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

No we didn't win, and it's not a moral victory, but we did have our chances. We just didn't eliminate our mistakes, and we didn't execute.

Now let's learn from our mistakes, make some adjustments, and get ready for South Carolina!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

AMASING!

Big Papa Satan

The Hogs still are terrible, and honestly, it didn't bother me that we lost today.  I just don't care anymore.

Fire Nutt.  Tar and feather Lindsey, too.

corndo

coulda, shoulda, woulda, blah, blah, blah...

Once again, rub it in if we actually BEAT a quality opponent, b/c from where I'm sitting, we still haven't beaten anyone and it's the third week of October.

We did play better and I am happy for that.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 09:05:47 pm

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

No we didn't win, and it's not a moral victory, but we did have our chances. We just didn't eliminate our mistakes, and we didn't execute.

Now let's learn from our mistakes, make some adjustments, and get ready for South Carolina!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

AMASING!

Did you mean "amazing", or "amassing"? 

razorback4life

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:07:40 pm

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

AMASING!

Do you know how to keep an idiot in suspense?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: opineonswine on October 22, 2005, 09:07:37 pm

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

Spell the name of their QB for 3/4ths of the game. Who knew Shockley would go out injured. You did see the first drive didn't you, where they had their way with us like S.Cal??

Opine, nobody EVER knows what will happen in a game.  That's the reason you don't give up, but you keep fighting and working, and try to make something happen.

The point is WE DID HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN AGAINST THE #4 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY!  We didn't win and no it's not good enough, but there were a lot of people on this board last week who were saying we had no chance!  We did have a chance. 

You don't just QUIT!

jblack19

Quote from: opineonswine on October 22, 2005, 09:07:37 pm

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

Spell the name of their QB for 3/4ths of the game.  Who knew Shockley would go out injured.  You did see the first drive didn't you, where they had their way with us like S.Cal??
Joe Tereshinski... so?  In regards to SHockley, thats part of the game. So if he played the entire game you say they roll on us? Pure speculation.

Oklahawg

Idle speculation regarding the performance of Shockley vs. Tereshinski. Their performances were similar until Sims uncorked on him. Might have the same impact on Shockley.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

lunchbox72703

jblack19

TulsaHawg

Quote from: CabotHog on October 22, 2005, 09:16:32 pm
Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 09:09:51 pm

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

AMASING!

Some people never learn!

That's right Cabot!  Some people never learn that you shouldn't get discouraged and just quit! Get back up, and keep going,because something good is going to happen.

razorback4life

I didn't say that anyone was an idiot.  I asked a question.

WilsonHog

"Amasing" is an inside joke. It's meant to convey a sense of wonder at the utter unworthiness of a poster's comments that far exceeds that offered by the depth and breadth of the word "amazing."

lunchbox72703

doesn't make it right, and it doesn't speak well of the board and the other mods who do write intelligent posts.

jblack19

I think they know we are right about this and are afraid to admit it. It would tarnish their hater image in front of their clan......  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

razorback4life

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:19:11 pm
That's right Cabot! Some people never learn that you shouldn't get discouraged and just quit! Get back up, and keep going,because something good is going to happen.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again in the expectation of getting a diffrent result.

jblack19

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

AMASING!

Some people never learn!

The hater clan has LEARNED how to quit. Thank God the HOGS havent!!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:19:48 pm
"Amasing" is an inside joke. It's meant to convey a sense of wonder at the utter unworthiness of a poster's comments that far exceeds that offered by the depth and breadth of the word "amazing."

Interesting. 

Tell me Wilson, you do concede that the Hogs had a "chance" to win the game today, and that they were not blown out as many had predicted don't you?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 09:20:38 pm
That's right Cabot! Some people never learn that you shouldn't get discouraged and just quit! Get back up, and keep going,because something good is going to happen.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again in the expectation of getting a diffrent result.

"Amasing"!   ;D

jblack19

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 09:20:38 pm

Main Entry: in·san·i·ty
Pronunciation: in-'sa-n&-tE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
1 a : a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia) and usually excluding such states as mental retardation, psychoneurosis, and various character disorders b : a mental disorder
2 : such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility
3 a : extreme folly or unreasonableness b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable

ummmmmm.. I dont see where your definition is in the Websters one.

pigfoot

W "could" have beaten Vandy and didn't.  We "could" have beaten Alabama and didn't.  We "could" have beaten Auburn and didn't.  We "could " have beaten Georgia and didn't.   Does anybody see a pattern here?  It's the same old same old.  We "coulda" but we didn't.  We are just a poorly coached team.  Otherwise, at least a couple of those "coulda" would have been "dida".
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

WilsonHog

October 22, 2005, 09:26:23 pm #23 Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 09:28:59 pm by Wake Up the Echoes
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:22:18 pm

Interesting.

Tell me Wilson, you do concede that the Hogs had a "chance" to win the game today, and that they were not blown out as many had predicted don't you?

I concede that we theoretically had a chance to win, given the fact that we had the ball down three late in the game. I had absolutely zero confidence in Johnson to do anything in that situation, however, and believed that our only chance to win would be for McFdden to gain all of those 95 yards for us.

I have absolutely no use for Houston Nutt as a football coach, and today was exhibit "A" as to why. I have no interest in explaining it, however, because it would be a waste of time. What's more, I will never have any use for him as a football coach, regardless of what happens from here on out.

jblack19

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:26:23 pm

Interesting.

I concede that we theoretically had a chance to win, given the fact that we had the ball down three late in the game. I had absolutely zero confidence in Johnson to do anything in that situation, however, and believed that our only chance to win would be for McFdden to gain all of those 95 yards for us.

I have absolutely no use for Houston Nutt as a football coach, and today was exhiit "A" as to why. I have no interest in explaining it, however, because it would be a waste of time.
At least we agree that we should have ran the entire 95 yards rather than try to throw with a bad QB. RJ should have never played today.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: CabotHog on October 22, 2005, 09:24:14 pm

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

AMASING!

Some people never learn!

Who is quiting? I'm a quitter because I want a coaching change? I yelled my arse off all morning in my living room cheering for the Hogs. I cussed, clapped, cheered, and jeered. Quit insinuating we're quitters and we'll quit insinuating your an idiot.

No you won't! You'll continue to "insinuate" that I am an idiot because I don't agree with your approach, and many of you guys feel like you must attempt to speak in derogatory terms of those who don't walk in lockstep with you.

IF you said before the game that we had "no chance",  or that there was "no possibility" that we COULD win, then yes you quit before the game ever started.  And there were people saying that earlier in the week.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on October 22, 2005, 09:20:11 pm
doesn't make it right, and it doesn't speak well of the board and the other mods who do write intelligent posts.

We are not a bunch of goody-goody saints.  Don't expect us to act like one.

WilsonHog

Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 09:28:15 pm
At least we agree that we should have ran the entire 95 yards rather than try to throw with a bad QB. RJ should have never played today.

The fact that he did play today is one more reason why I am close to having about as much regard for Houston Nutt as a person as I do as a football coach.

TulsaHawg

Interesting.

I have absolutely no use for Houston Nutt as a football coach, and today was exhibit "A" as to why. I have no interest in explaining it, however, because it would be a waste of time. What's more, I will never have any use for him as a football coach, regardless of what happens from here on out.

That's fine Wilson, but for whatever HDN's deficiencies were today, please consider the fact that with two changes in today's game we probably win.  Those changes:  make the FG &  don't fumble the punt.

corndo

We LOST - that is the only point that really matters. We did play better and I was happy to see that we had a good showing, but make no mistake, good teams

win close games, especially when facing adversity (lots of injuries including their starting QB). Every team is going to have their close games during the season. Did

we play better - yes. Did Georgia play poorly - probably. IMO, it was a combination of both things. Also the reason why good teams win close games? - They pay

attention to the little things, make fewer mistakes when it really counts, and  manage the clock well. In other words, the difference between Georgia and

Arkansas.

Dances With Hogs

TulsaHawg, quite a statement, but not really for a Hugger.

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: DR on October 22, 2005, 09:30:19 pm

We are not a bunch of goody-goody saints. Don't expect us to act like one.

What is the rule DR?  Some mods say there is not supposed to be namecalling on here, and other mods readily indulge in it. 

WilsonHog

I have become convinced that for whatever reason, there are those people who will forever forgive Nutt for anything and everything even remotely negative that is associated with his football team.

He is, in their eyes, truly beyond reproach.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why.   

WilsonHog

jblack19

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:34:56 pm
I have become convinced that for whatever reason, there are those people who will forever forgive Nutt for anything and everything even remotely negative that is associated with his football team.

He is, in their eyes, truly beyond reproach.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why.   

Thats your assumption.

jabohog

For those of you that said we would win, you were wrong, now learn from your mistakes and stop posting as much and read more.

jblack19

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:34:46 pm
Quote from: DR on October 22, 2005, 09:30:19 pm

We are not a bunch of goody-goody saints. Don't expect us to act like one.

What is the rule DR?  Some mods say there is not supposed to be namecalling on here, and other mods readily indulge in it. 

Oh I know the rule. It was sent to me by 2 mods. Funny thing, Ive never once resorted to namecalling and I get accused of it.

razorback4life

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:32:40 pm

Interesting.

That's fine Wilson, but for whatever HDN's deficiencies were today, please consider the fact that with two changes in today's game we probably win. Those changes: make the FG & don't fumble the punt.

I will agree that we COULD have won the game if those things that you mentioned happen as long as you can realize:
1. Had Shockley not been hurt we would have lost by a larger margin.
2.  Had Nutt played another QB, we would have most likely won this game.
3.  We can not win meaningful game without a passing attack no matter how good our running game is.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:36:08 pm
Quote from: corndo on October 22, 2005, 09:33:34 pm
We LOST - that is the only point that really matters.

Thank you.

But you are lost before you even start if you think you have no chance.  That seems to be the case for many of you.  You are defeated in your minds!

jblack19

Quote from: jabohog on October 22, 2005, 09:36:13 pm
For those of you that said we would win, you were wrong, now learn from your mistakes and stop posting as much and read more.
For those of you that said we were going to get blown out, you were wrong. Now learn from your mistakes and stop posting as much and read.

jblack19

Thats pure speculation.

WilsonHog

October 22, 2005, 09:42:03 pm #41 Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 09:44:38 pm by Wake Up the Echoes
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:38:42 pm

Thank you.

But you are lost before you even start if you think you have no chance. That seems to be the case for many of you. You are defeated in your minds!

Let me state the obvious, Tulsa.

I don't play for the Razorbacks.

I don't coach for the Razorbacks.

I am a freakin' fan - that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I am not indispensable. There is nothing special about me. My impact on any game, regardless of whether I am there or not, is negligible.

I am a spectator.

Therefore, to use the word "quit" is nonsensical. 

Players quit. Coaches quit.

Fans just watch.   

We.................just.......................watch.

jblack19

You are only pumping sunshine.

And you are spewing hate. Theres no difference. We put up with your hater clan crap. So deal with the positive points about the program!

jblack19

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:43:35 pm
Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 09:41:46 pm

Thats pure speculation.

It's also pure speculation that there is a higher being.

Want to go there?

Thats your belief. I have mine. I respect your religious belief. Respect mine.

WilsonHog

Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 09:45:38 pm

Thats pure speculation.

Want to go there?

I couldn't care less what yours are. I'm not one of those "you are your brother's keeper" kinda guys.

Read CabotHog's post. It is dead on.

jblack19

Quote from: CabotHog on October 22, 2005, 09:42:36 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:38:42 pm

Thank you.

But you are lost before you even start if you think you have no chance. That seems to be the case for many of you. You are defeated in your minds!

Do you have a rainbow sticker on your car?
You're digging. Getting ready to throw out the personal attacks are you?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 09:38:41 pm

Interesting.

That's fine Wilson, but for whatever HDN's deficiencies were today, please consider the fact that with two changes in today's game we probably win. Those changes: make the FG & don't fumble the punt.

I will agree that we COULD have won the game if those things that you mentioned happen as long as you can realize:
2. Had Nutt played another QB, we would have most likely won this game.
3. We can not win meaningful game without a passing attack no matter how good our running game is.

I asically agree with you on all points, except not necessarily the 1st.  We don't know what would have happened had Shock stayed in the game.  You might have expected that UGA would have been able to mount a good ground attack with Shockley out, but they didn't.

Look, I'm not happy that another QB was not brought in.  For the most part RJ basically handed the ball off, and completed a few passes.  Any of the other QB's could have done the same thing.  If I'm not mistaken the only pass attempted into the EZ was by our RB, not our QB!!!  RJ, for whatever reason, does not make good decisions.  I think Mort would handle this offense better.  I think he would make better decisions.

Another thing, if I was the coach, I would not have Hillis returning punts.  I would like to see someone with break-away speed back there.  Heck, put Fish back there.

Some other things:  pass more to the TE; use slants; throw to Monk!!!   

razorback4life

Quote from: CabotHog on October 22, 2005, 09:47:14 pm
Also, all the positives in the world don't matter when they are multiplied by a negative. Simply Math.....(-)Nutt x (+)McFadden/others=A NEGATIVE OUTCOME NO MATTER WHAT!

THat Cabot, was the best thing I have read on this board all day.  GREAT POST!  ;)

jblack19

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:47:03 pm

Thats pure speculation.

Want to go there?

I couldn't care less what yours are. I'm not one of those "you are your brother's keeper" kinda guys.

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:47:03 pm

Thats pure speculation.

Want to go there?

Sad for you. Ill put you on a prayer list.

jblack19

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:49:35 pm
Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 09:38:41 pm

Interesting.

2. Had Nutt played another QB, we would have most likely won this game.
3. We can not win meaningful game without a passing attack no matter how good our running game is.

I asically agree with you on all points, except not necessarily the 1st.  We don't know what would have happened had Shock stayed in the game.  You might have expected that UGA would have been able to mount a good ground attack with Shockley out, but they didn't.

Look, I'm not happy that another QB was not brought in.  For the most part RJ basically handed the ball off, and completed a few passes.  Any of the other QB's could have done the same thing.  If I'm not mistaken the only pass attempted into the EZ was by our RB, not our QB!!!  RJ, for whatever reason, does not make good decisions.  I think Mort would handle this offense better.  I think he would make better decisions.

Another thing, if I was the coach, I would not have Hillis returning punts.  I would like to see someone with break-away speed back there.  Heck, put Fish back there.

Some other things:  pass more to the TE; use slants; throw to Monk!!!   
Good post. I couldnt have said it better myself.