Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohannon here you go

Started by BannerMountainMan, December 19, 2017, 02:33:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

DuckTalesLOL

slappy

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ICEman

Definitely an inauspicious start for Morris. He really needed to land this kid in order to maintain the recent positive feelings toward the program.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

247Hog

Quote from: ICEman on December 19, 2017, 02:47:54 pm
Definitely an inauspicious start for Morris. He really needed to land this kid in order to maintain the recent positive feelings toward the program.

You gonna say the same thing in every Bohannon thread?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

userpick

That video was the hardest thing i've ever had to watch. And I didn't even make it to the announcement portion of it.

SPAL

Nah. Hasn't changed a thing for most.

247Hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 19, 2017, 02:45:54 pm
Good Luck Kid.

No good luck or bad luck. Just a regular kid in my eyes moving forward.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

onebadrubi

We have QB's more then adequate.  This will hardly be any kind of setback except for the arkansas fans that can't let go and think if he throws a few first downs in the big 12 he would have won a National Championship here. 

Pig in the Pokey

that is silly. this kid has been a rumored silent commit for almost a month. Chadillac has been here for less than 2 weeks. JUST STOP. Quit negging every thread.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

JusJim

Not at all.  We have some excellent and more proven quarterbacks.

scottwillrazbackfan1

The "Arkansas the program" represented by BB never showed the kid love to play the QB position. It was obvious from the get go of recruitment of GB. Relationships were develop by Rhule and the Baylor coaches. Hard to make up ground in less than two weeks, plus Arkansas has at least 4 QBs (kelley, storey, hyatt, and noland) who will be on campus barring transfers next fall. A smart decision by GB, not a popular one among us hog fans.

SooieGeneris

Baylor did something no other school recruiting him did, recruiting ONLY him as a QB with no other QBs on the radar..

We weren't willing to do that, nor should we have done that. You don't pull an offer to a long time commit just to make way for another kid.

If Butter Bean had gotten another year (SHUDDER), the result would have been the same, GB to Baylor.

The 24/7 crystal ball picks had him going to Baylor way back in the summer, now it will be official in the morning.

With all the hype for an instate QB, it might be best for him. Whether that's the reason or not, HE obviously thinks it's in his best interest to go there, so represent the state well and beat OU..

We just have to move on with Noland and whoever else we might get at QB to go with what we have.

One poster on here is full of it as he kept insisting that GB was going to another SECW team.. imagine that, a HV poster being full of beans..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

userpick

Quote from: scottwillrazbackfan1 on December 19, 2017, 03:01:14 pm
The "Arkansas the program" represented by BB never showed the kid love to play the QB position. It was obvious from the get go of recruitment of GB. Relationships were develop by Rhule and the Baylor coaches. Hard to make up ground in less than two weeks, plus Arkansas has at least 4 QBs (kelley, storey, hyatt, and noland) who will be on campus barring transfers next fall. A smart decision by GB, not a popular one among us hog fans.

Smart decision because he would never see the field as a QB.

010HogFan

This is such a bad take. Just stop.

scottwillrazbackfan1

Quote from: userpick on December 19, 2017, 03:02:46 pm
Smart decision because he would never see the field as a QB.

Ha! We'll never know whether he would have seen the field as a Hog, but he will see the field as a Baylor Bear.

RD

Really? Wow.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 19, 2017, 03:02:51 pm
This is such a bad take. Just stop.
bbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. I dont like that call. was a very bad call.... he does it all over this site.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

010HogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 19, 2017, 03:12:36 pm
bbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. I dont like that call. was a very bad call.... he does it all over this site.

gonna throw his leg out of socket with a knee jerk like that

Hawg Life

Quote from: scottwillrazbackfan1 on December 19, 2017, 03:01:14 pm

He wanted to be the only QB signed and said if we dropped Noland he'd commit to us. We said "No, Thank you".

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Hawg Life on December 19, 2017, 03:42:15 pm
He wanted to be the only QB signed and said if we dropped Noland he'd commit to us. We said "No, Thank you".
And glad we did. Let Shakespeare go to the Baylor mess.

Inhogswetrust

No he didn't.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

woodrow hog call

December 19, 2017, 05:17:26 pm #24 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 06:17:25 pm by woodrow hog call
Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 19, 2017, 03:02:13 pm
Baylor did something no other school recruiting him did, recruiting ONLY him as a QB with no other QBs on the radar..

We weren't willing to do that, nor should we have done that. You don't pull an offer to a long time commit just to make way for another kid.

If Butter Bean had gotten another year (SHUDDER), the result would have been the same, GB to Baylor.

The 24/7 crystal ball picks had him going to Baylor way back in the summer, now it will be official in the morning.

With all the hype for an instate QB, it might be best for him. Whether that's the reason or not, HE obviously thinks it's in his best interest to go there, so represent the state well and beat OU..

We just have to move on with Noland and whoever else we might get at QB to go with what we have.

One poster on here is full of it as he kept insisting that GB was going to another SECW team.. imagine that, a HV poster being full of beans..

Until they sign another QB in February .....................................

and there is not a thing in the world to keep them from doing it.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on December 19, 2017, 05:17:26 pm

Until they sign another QB in February .....................................

and there is not a thing in the world to keep them from doing it.

It would really piss him off if Baylor signed one or two more QBs.  Bohanan may think that he is God's gift to college football but he is way over rated as a 2A High School QB.  Look at his competition, the lowest classification in the state.

We have a 3A 4 star QB on the roster that has barely seen the field and when he does he acts like he is scared to death.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

tbhogfan

He failed to overcome two years of recruiting in eight days.  We're doomed.
Go Hogs!

PorkSoda

funny how everyone thinks he is a must get until we don't get him, then he was never going to be a QB anyway.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 19, 2017, 07:18:08 pm
It would really piss him off if Baylor signed one or two more QBs.  Bohanan may think that he is God's gift to college football but he is way over rated as a 2A High School QB.  Look at his competition, the lowest classification in the state.

We have a 3A 4 star QB on the roster that has barely seen the field and when he does he acts like he is scared to death.

I'm going to make myself a note to check in February to see if this happens ...

onebadrubi

Quote from: scottwillrazbackfan1 on December 19, 2017, 03:04:31 pm
Ha! We'll never know whether he would have seen the field as a Hog, but he will see the field as a Baylor Bear.

And devin white saw the field as a RB, right?

Oops

duckman

GB will regret this decision for the rest of his life...

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Quote from: duckman on December 20, 2017, 02:34:53 am
GB will regret this decision for the rest of his life...

We were saying that about a kid in Bohannon's neighborhood named DeAngelo Williams back in the day. Yah, DeAngelo regretted his 10+ years career in the NFL.

Snouty

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 19, 2017, 07:45:10 pm
funny how everyone thinks he is a must get until we don't get him, then he was never going to be a QB anyway.

Classic case of sour grapes.  We absolutely had to have him until he put on a Baylor cap yesterday.  Now the Hogville experts are saying he would never have made it as quarterback at Arkansas, he's too small time to play major college football, he's afraid of competition, he won't ever play quarterback at Baylor, Noland is better, etc. etc.

ifghog

Quote from: Snouty on December 20, 2017, 07:07:57 am

Classic case of sour grapes.  We absolutely had to have him until he put on a Baylor cap yesterday.  Now the Hogville experts are saying he would never have made it as quarterback at Arkansas, he's too small time to play major college football, he's afraid of competition, he won't ever play quarterback at Baylor, Noland is better, etc. etc.
Mostly truth with all those takes. We wanted him but HE  WAS NOT  a must have.i wish him well at Baylor. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

No Way Jose....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

buldozer

I hope this year ends the period of ignoring some of our best in-state talent resulting in these kids leaving the state. The CBB era has been one of the most damaging times in regard to in-state recruiting ever.

scottwillrazbackfan1

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 19, 2017, 11:36:46 pm
And devin white saw the field as a RB, right?

Oops
and you are the crystal ball, uh??? let it play out, the kid is gone. If he plays QB or if he plays LB, i'm sure he will play more D1 football than half the posters on this site that's slamming him, including you.

jkstock04

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 19, 2017, 02:50:51 pm
We have QB's more then adequate.  This will hardly be any kind of setback except for the arkansas fans that can't let go and think if he throws a few first downs in the big 12 he would have won a National Championship here. 
What qbs (or qb for that matter) do we currently have that are provenly "more than adequate?" I'm not seeing this one bit. Zero evidence of this statement.

I realize we could lose the next Tom Brady in football or Micheal Jordan in basketball and a fan message board would say "ahh we didn't need em anyways, we are gonna be just fine." That's always been the M.O. of the recruiting forum. But to make it sound as if we are 100% sitting pretty and strong at the qb position is a bit quizzical. I see it as wide open. Cole Kelly did nothing in 2017 that screams #1 qb of the future in Chad Morris' offense.

My opinion is this is a bad look for the football program...but that's the product of 6 straight years of integrity and uncommon failure. This isn't on Chad Morris, but this time next year he will be rightly be judged on keeping the #1 instate guy wearing a hog hat.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Philip Seaton

Quote from: userpick on December 19, 2017, 02:49:04 pm
That video was the hardest thing i've ever had to watch. And I didn't even make it to the announcement portion of it.

Not really. He didn't want to go to Arkansas, that's on him. Personally I think him playing at a 2A school hurt him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: scottwillrazbackfan1 on December 20, 2017, 07:58:06 am
and you are the crystal ball, uh??? let it play out, the kid is gone. If he plays QB or if he plays LB, i'm sure he will play more D1 football than half the posters on this site that's slamming him, including you.

Boy, if you call my post a slam you have a difficult time with this world don't you?

HogFoo

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 20, 2017, 08:10:11 am
What qbs (or qb for that matter) do we currently have that are provenly "more than adequate?" I'm not seeing this one bit. Zero evidence of this statement.

I realize we could lose the next Tom Brady in football or Micheal Jordan in basketball and a fan message board would say "ahh we didn't need em anyways, we are gonna be just fine." That's always been the M.O. of the recruiting forum. But to make it sound as if we are 100% sitting pretty and strong at the qb position is a bit quizzical. I see it as wide open. Cole Kelly did nothing in 2017 that screams #1 qb of the future in Chad Morris' offense.

My opinion is this is a bad look for the football program...but that's the product of 6 straight years of integrity and uncommon failure. This isn't on Chad Morris, but this time next year he will be rightly be judged on keeping the #1 instate guy wearing a hog hat.
actually didnt Kelley run a somewhat similar type offense as what Morris runs in HS? Yes.  Wasn't the kid we redshirted like the #7or 8 dual threat QB who ran this type of offense as well?  Yes.  Didn't we just get Noland kid from gwood to sign who this offense looks tailor made for? Yes. So to answer your question , yes we are more than adequate to be able to get by without the services of GB! And after what West types about him yesterday telling the coaches to dump Noland and also after his hat trick, I don't care if I ever hear that kids name again!  Cya GB! Go to a suck ass Baylor where they won 1 game in a bad league where he won't have any competition to worry about. Geez
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

870hogfan

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 20, 2017, 08:10:11 am

How is this a bad look for the football program?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hawg Life on December 19, 2017, 03:42:15 pm

I've seen this in other posts...is this a fact?

If so, maybe we should all help him pack for Waco!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jkstock04

Quote from: 870hogfan on December 20, 2017, 06:13:10 pm

How is this a bad look for the football program?
#1 in state player chooses Baylor over the Hogs = not a good look.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 20, 2017, 09:33:47 pm
I've seen this in other posts...is this a fact?

If so, maybe we should all help him pack for Waco!!

He did want to be the only QB that Arkansas signed and Morris told him No.  At the announcement, he did a fake pickup of the Arkansas hat and then moved on to the Baylor hat and put it on.  He burnt his bridges in Arkansas by that sly move.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Flrazrback

Wow, we didn't sign THIS quarterback but we did sign Noland who is Elite by all accounts ... Yet we have failed?? Don't see that as the case... GB wanted to play now and Baylor had that to offer.. Good Luck Gerry...

hogcods8

Quote from: JusJim on December 19, 2017, 02:57:10 pm
  Not at all.  We have some excellent and more proven quarterbacks.
You've got to be a complete 100% lunatic. We haven't had an excellent quarterback here in a long long time.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 19, 2017, 02:45:54 pm
Good Luck Kid.

This... I don't know what goes on in a kid's mind that makes him think he can't compete with our guys on campus, but can compete elsewhere. At least it's not like the times when  Arkansas QB's were runnoft due to us making them hander-offer's.
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hogcods8 on December 20, 2017, 11:32:08 pm
You've got to be a complete 100% lunatic. We haven't had an excellent quarterback here in a long long time.
Are you getting help for your mental illness..? We have been in better QB shape for the past 10 years than any other 10 year period in Arkansas history.

jvanhorn

No he didn't.  We have a lot more pressing problems than quarterback.