Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portis to the NBA

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, April 14, 2015, 12:16:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharky

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2015, 02:49:11 pm
Umm...

Demare Carroll, Phi Pressey and Bobby Portis isn't "lots." It's 3.

Kim English, too. I'm sure there are others, but I'm not going to look them all up. I'm just saying that putting players in the NBA is good for the program. It doesn't give any ammo to those who question CMA's coaching style.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Sharky on April 14, 2015, 02:54:38 pm
Kim English, too. I'm sure there are others, but I'm not going to look them all up. I'm just saying that putting players in the NBA is good for the program. It doesn't give any ammo to those who question CMA's coaching style.

I don't care about style. There is 1000s of different ways to play basketball. Coaches adjust accordingly and CMA got better at it this year.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Sharky on April 14, 2015, 02:54:38 pm

Kim English played exactly half of one full NBA season, but I guess we can count him. Anderson has 2 active NBA players he coached as a head coach. Portis will make 3. It's fair to say he's put "a few" players in the NBA. That's just the reality of the situation. However, it does appear that he will be putting more in the NBA in the coming years. Qualls, Kingsley, Whitt, and Kapita could all be NBA players if things bounce the right way.

sowmonella

Best wishes to Bobby. He helped put us back on the BB map. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

intelligence

Much success to the man BP! Do us proud in the NBA!

Justifiable Hogicide

hawgfan4life

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 14, 2015, 02:56:53 pm
I don't care about style. There is 1000s of different ways to play basketball. Coaches adjust accordingly and CMA got better at it this year.
Better players make better coaches.  He had his best team at AR and therefore did his best job of coaching to many.

rude1

Good luck to Portis, hope he goes to the workouts and camps and blows them away and moves himself solidly into a lottery pick. The kid loves the program but now has the chance to go live out his second dream after already realizing his first dream of playing for the Razorbacks, no way to fault him for this.

3kgthog

I hate to see him go, but how can we fault a guy for taking the money now considering his family situation? I think he'd return if things were financially better off at home. He's been everything we always ask of in-state kids anyway. Be a Hog, get us to the NCAAT, and represent us well. Check, check, and check. Good luck to him.

TheRazorback500

Thanks for the memories. May your NBA career be long and prosperous. WPS forever!

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

dsgreen

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 14, 2015, 01:41:20 pm
Facts are uncalled for? That's odd.

15pts 13rbd
18pts 14rbd 5stls

Yeah, he was a real Houdini

Hogsmo Kramer

Good luck Bobby.

Of course as a hog fan I wish you'd stay but that's just because I know you have more greatness in you, but I have no doubt that will continue in the NBA and you'll represent the hogs and the state of Arkansas well as you always have.

Thanks for the memories and for being all hog from day one!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

HawgWild

Loved to have you stay for one more year but can't fault your decision. Best of luck in your new career and thanks for the memories.