Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portis to the NBA

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, April 14, 2015, 12:16:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Per his Twitter. Good luck to him!  :razorback:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

LaDecima

You're quick! Was just about to post. Thanks bobby.

Smalltownhog95

Can't blame em. Glad he was a hog. Best of the luck in the NBA Bobby!
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Wildhog

Of course.  We're going to be totally fricked of Qualls goes, too.

I don't blame him, though.  Can't turn down that much money.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jjdlc

Can't blame him a bit.  Good luck to the young man!

Rooka

SONofHAM

He will be missed. 

Looking forward to following his NBA career.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Nipsey Mussle

All the best to Bobby! Great Razorback

Hogz87

Can't blame him and wish him the best.  He did our program and state proud in his two years playing for the Hogs.

My selfish, Hog fan side is, of course, a little bitter about the news, though.  This takes us from a team with a Sweet 16/Elite 8 ceiling (and dark horse Final 4 caliber) to probably a 7-10 seed, 1st or 2nd round exit in the NCAA tournament.  If Qualls goes then we're probably looking at another season spent on the bubble.

But to expect a third season from a 5*, McDonald's All-American, who won SEC POY and was a 2nd team All-American as a sophomore is expecting a lot.  He absolutely made the right, and best decision by going to the NBA, now. 

The_Iceman

The anti-Mike crowd just got some ammo. Lets see if some of them come out of hiding to project doom and gloom for the future.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

TexArkHogFan

Time for Moses to step up and lead us to the Promised Land. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hedgehog79

Well, last year felt good.....oh well

hogginbama

Best of luck to this young man. Represented the state, university, team and above all, himself with great pride and respect.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

moses_007

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 14, 2015, 12:27:03 pm
All aboard!!!

WooPig90

Wish you would have stayed Bobby but Good luck!! Always a hog

wheelspigharvey

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 14, 2015, 12:24:53 pm
The anti-Mike crowd just got some ammo. Lets see if some of them come out of hiding to project doom and gloom for the future.
If Qualls stays we are still a NCAAT team.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: rhames on April 14, 2015, 12:24:58 pm
;)

Maybe Moses could deliver us from the pharaoh non sweet 16 field?
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Professor Pig

Big congrats in order for Bobby! Best of luck!!

Inhogswetrust

How is that? I'd bet a huge majority is happy for him. It wouldn't have mattered who our coach was and/or where he played at he was probably going to go pro. It had nothing to do with Coach A. Who's to say he wouldn't have played somewhere else if Coach A wasn't our coach....................... 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Broadway Rob

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 14, 2015, 12:27:03 pm

Beat me to it, and in better fashion.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hawgzinbowlz

Portis, great Hog.

Good luck in the NBA.

" GO HOGS "

-Blu

Congrats to Portis, wish we could have got him one more year, but completely understand the decision.

Really need Qualls to stay now.  Going to be an interesting off-season.

hawginbigd1

Somebody Hacked his Twitter!  ;D

code red

I think its fine to speculate we will drop off next year.  Dude was SEC MVP...he will be missed...sorely.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

poloprince

Congrats BP, there were reasons to stay, there were reason to go.  Family first  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

Atlhogfan1

Congrats to Bobby on coming to a decision.  Unlike many, he had the added layer of being a fan of the program he played for before he entered college.  He is a great Razorback and I hope this decision ends up as the best possible scenario for him.  Not much of an NBA fan but I'll watch Bobby and I know he'll represent us well. 

The program will be fine.  Coach A is just now getting going on getting the type of players he needs to truly play how he wants to play.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

cosmodrum

Mike is going to get trashed next year, for sure.

Making the NCAAT is going to be tough.
Go away, batin'

TheRazorbackGuy

I'm glad everyone on jump ball isn't crying and bashing him. I wish him nothing But the best.

HF#1

Good luck to Bobby, someone owes Wally Hall something.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on April 14, 2015, 12:32:50 pm
Congrats to Portis, wish we could have got him one more year, but completely understand the decision.

Really need Qualls to stay now.  Going to be an interesting off-season.

hawginbigd1

I hope he got good advice and not what he wanted to hear, seems like his stock has been trending higher, hope it is legit.

Wildhog

Our front court is in trouble any way you slice it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

reddogjcss

Good luck! It was great watching u play as a Razorback.

Great Hog. Seems like he loved being here.  Congrats to him and he'll make us proud.

-Blu

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 14, 2015, 12:36:41 pm

Depends on if Qualls comes back.  With Qualls, Whitt, Kingsley, Beard, and Kapita that should be enough to get us in, I could see us finishing in the top 6 of the SEC with that roster.  Without Qualls it's going to be a real struggle.

And I'm hoping the staff has another recruit up their sleeves, we need a game changer to come in.

40MINSOFHELL

Congrats portis!!! But we're an NIT team now

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

jry04

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 14, 2015, 12:36:41 pm

If Qualls returns, which is no guarantee, I really do not think it will be tough. We would be more than capable of getting a single digit seed next season with Qualls back.

Lose Qualls and we are a middle of the pack NIT team at best.

Breems

Never have I been more sad to see a player leave.

Portis brought this program back from the grave. He gave us an awesome season. Congrats and best wishes in the NBA.

Qualls is gone too. We might as well wait on the sun to rise.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: jry04 on April 14, 2015, 12:46:47 pm
If Qualls returns, which is no guarantee, I really do not think it will be tough. We would be more than capable of getting a single digit seed next season with Qualls back.

Lose Qualls and we are a middle of the pack NIT team at best.
so who scores inside now? I don't see Moses being that guy.

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Wildhog

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on April 14, 2015, 12:49:08 pm

Certainly not Jacorey. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

-Blu

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on April 14, 2015, 12:49:08 pm

Maybe Kapita, if fully healthy, scouts are really high on him.  My assumption is we'll bring another recruit in.  Hoping for a top JUCO that can make an immediate impact, I would hope the staff had a plan if he left.

passinghog

Smart decision. You can always come back and get your degree; you only have a finite number of years in which you can earn money playing basketball. Take advantage of it while you can and no need to waste a year not taking care of you and you're family. He will be missed.

pigture perfect

Hope he goes to a great team. Please not the Fakers.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Paul

April 14, 2015, 12:53:08 pm #49 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:04:48 pm by Paul
Quote from: poloprince on April 14, 2015, 12:34:20 pm
Congrats BP, there were reasons to stay, there were reason to go.  Family first  :razorback:
millions of reasons to go;  it was the right financial decision.                    Thanks & Good luck!