Started by KA-BLAM, April 12, 2015, 08:38:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackinthegrove

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

chiefhawg

Thanks,
I hope the players take into consideration the real life experience that Scotty is sharing.

latrops

Hmmm.  Nice to hear Scotty's take and understand where he is coming from.  I don't think his situation is really typical today, though.  Scotty legitimately thought he was a first round pick, not due to overconfidence or arrogance, but because that is the information he received and there was no reason at the time to think that the info was inaccurate.  Many players today, however, go pro knowing that they aren't likely to get drafted or at least not in the first round.  I don't know the solution to that...if there even needs to be a solution.  These players aren't usually at school to earn a degree anyway.  It's just a vehicle to the NBA, and if the NBA doesn't work out, wherever else they can get paid to play Basketball.

chiefhawg

It is not like Scotty is an outsider. He is very close to the players and the situation for both although he is not a liberty to discuss. To be candid. It is what Scotty does. He cannot guide the development of players if he is not involved.