Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video: Nolan Richardson's Texas Sports Hall of Fame Speech

Started by Jason Carroll, April 10, 2015, 11:22:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Former Arkansas head basketball coach Nolan Richardson was inducted into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame on Thursday night in Waco.

Richardson, an El Paso, Texas native, is a legend in the city playing and coaching in his hometown before coming to Arkansas to lead the Razorbacks to their only national championship in 1994.

Here is the induction speech of the Hall of Fame coach.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/richardson-inducted-into-texas-sports-hall-of-fame/29390/ZhnzJd3KAEGLoEDYnp2N9A

Westcoasthog

I am very happy for Nolan Richardson he deserves every recognition.  Congratulations to Nolan Richardson for being inducted into the Texas Hall of Fame.

I love Nolan's speeches. It's not because I take pride in his accomplishments. It's not because of his clever jokes. It's not because of the great stories of the journey he's taken getting there. It's because I set on the edge of my seat, somewhere between excitement and fear, waiting on what going to say next. Love the Man.
Steve Spurrier, Florida football coach, telling Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (1991)

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: 1994 on April 11, 2015, 08:01:58 am
I love Nolan's speeches. It's not because I take pride in his accomplishments. It's not because of his clever jokes. It's not because of the great stories of the journey he's taken getting there. It's because I set on the edge of my seat, somewhere between excitement and fear, waiting on what going to say next. Love the Man.

Great assessment.

Love the story about Big "O" and losing. Laughed out loud.

Edit: Still listening. The story about "get agressisve" was even better.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

jesterzzn

Quote from: 1994 on April 11, 2015, 08:01:58 am
...somewhere between excitement and fear...

Probably the best description of the feeling that I have ever seen.