Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If T. J. leaves for SEMO why not add Marcus Monk to the staff?

Started by rizzohoghead, April 08, 2015, 06:24:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rizzohoghead

Hawg Red

rizzohoghead

Then hire another coach. Gave you a +1 good question. 

hoglady

I'm in the no camp on this one.
Don't believe in hiring family just to get one recruit for probably one year.
The basketball staff needs a proven, big time recruiter.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

z1on

HOGINTENNESSEE

labb

Probably be more than that managing little Bro's money. Marcus did not get an MBA for no reason.

sickboy

870hogfan

jry04

Quote from: z1on on April 08, 2015, 06:59:58 pm
No, we need to hire a great recruiter.
He would be a great recruiter at least for 1 year...

clutch

Quote from: hoglady on April 08, 2015, 06:39:17 pm
I'm in the no camp on this one.
Don't believe in hiring family just to get one recruit for probably one year.
The basketball staff needs a proven, big time recruiter.

Yeah.... We need someone who can recruit so we can land Monk! Wait a minute.......

All jokes aside, I think Marcus would be a fantastic recruiter with a little experience. Everybody that knows him would understand what I'm talking about. Great guy, extremely likable, relates to the kids very well, and knows his stuff.

IronMountainHog

Darrell Hawkins begins his first season as an administrative assistant after spending the past four years at Prairie View A&M.Hawkins served as the Panthers' interim head coach in 2005-06 after serving three years as an assistant coach. There, he played an integral part in Prairie View winning its first Southwestern Conference championship in 40 years in 2002-03. He also coached five All-SWAC players during his tenure.Born in Houston and raised in the city of Prairie View, Hawkins was a four-year letterman at the University of Arkansas, and helped lead the team to two Southwest Conference championships and two Southeastern Conference championships.In addition to the Razorbacks playing in the 1990 NCAA Final Four, they also had an Elite Eight and three Sweet 16 appearances during his career. During his senior year, Hawkins led Arkansas in rebounding, and he was a All-SEC Second Team selection. He also tied a NCAA Tournament record with eight steals in a game.After his collegiate career, Hawkins played professionally in the Continental Basketball Association, the United States Basketball League, and overseas in China and Europe.

IronMountainHog

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 08, 2015, 06:27:15 pm
What if he isn't interested?

And He probably would only do it for one year. Marcus is going to be Malik's manager when he gets to the NBA.

nwahogfan1

I wish T.J. well and hope he gets a head coaching job somewhere very, very soon. He seems to have the demeanor on the sidelines to be a good coach.  I just don't know if he has the personality to be an excellent recruiter.   How many 4 and 5 star prospects is his name on as a reason they are looking at Arkansas?  So I think there has to be many choices CMA could make to take T.J.'s place that would be better recruiters.

The_Iceman

If we already have a TJ Cleveland thread, why not add another TJ Cleveland thread to the forum?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 09, 2015, 10:46:17 am
If we already have a TJ Cleveland thread, why not add another TJ Cleveland thread to the forum?

Haha! TJ threads for everyone...............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Buck Brewer

Quote from: 870hogfan on April 08, 2015, 07:14:49 pm
How about Todd Day?

I want state championship coaching Todd Day right where he is at in Memphis at a basketball factory.

RazorPiggie

How about we go hire a proven assistant instead of former players?

HOGINTENNESSEE

The_Bionic_Pig

If it comes down to recruiting then Oak Hill Academy Head Coach Steve Smith or Asst. Coach Kurtis  Townsend (Kansas)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 09, 2015, 04:19:26 pm
If it comes down to recruiting then Oak Hill Academy Head Coach Steve Smith or Asst. Coach Kurtis  Townsend (Kansas)

I doubt Mike will hire someone he doesn't know very well.

secfan30

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 09, 2015, 04:21:12 pm

I'm sure if they were a good fit, he would.

Porked Tongue

Scott7703

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 09, 2015, 04:21:12 pm

My guess as well. I would bet it is a name we are all familiar with if TJ does indeed leave.

jackflash

I don't have a problem former Razorbacks coming back to coach. But do think Mike should find the best recruitier he can find.

Beaverfever

I bet Marcus could recruit.  I've been around him and he has a great personality.  He could also still suit up in practice and show the younger kids a few things.  Ive just always had a lot of respect for him and would love to have him as a representative of our university.  If he isn't cut out for coaching and isn't interested then I get it.  Its not for everyone.  They make a lot money for a reason I suppose.

FATHAWG08

Look at Duke's bench, all their assistant's are x-players. They know the Coach, the system and what's expected. And most important they are Duke for life!
I love off season Football!!

Smithian

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on April 09, 2015, 08:45:47 pm
Look at Duke's bench, all their assistant's are x-players. They know the Coach, the system and what's expected. And most important they are Duke for life!
Big difference between Coach K and everyone else.

But do notice they bring in Jeff Capel and their recruiting sky rocketed.

Smithian

I doubt TJ Cleveland is going anywhere, but if he does move on then I'm in the camp of go and hire a recruiting mercenary.

Won't happen but would be nice.

I would just like to bring in an assistant that isn't already part of the family. Get someone with fresh insight.

jackflash

If TJ Cleveland wants to be a HC. I think if offered a job he may have to take it.

clutch

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 09, 2015, 07:12:35 pm
Why would you assume that Monk would be a good coach?

Same reason some people assume he wouldn't I guess, because cause it's an opinion.

My opinion is that he'd be an excellent coach. He loves the game, knows the game, and can explain the game. He's a sharp guy with a great personality. Players would love him and respect him.

outlawhogeywells

Smithian

Darren DeLoach

Rumors around SEMO are  that it is NOT Cleveland. But, a new head coach will be announced today at 5:30. Early odds were leaning heavy in TJ's  favor,  and I am unsure what changed. Of course, this is all rumor, but again, will know later today.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

rlamb

Rich Ray this might be a good hire for them. Never figured he would be interested.