Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Place is the First Loser

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, April 07, 2015, 09:20:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

Sorry Wisconsin!  ;)
Bret and Jen were pleased!

Kind of dumb. National runner up is a great season, and the Hogs have achieved it or better only twice in our history.

Nipsey Mussle

Bret and Jen probably have about as much hatred for Wisconsin basketball as I do.....which is none.

3kgthog

Any dislike they have for UW is aimed at Barry Alvarez and only Barry Alvarez.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Karma on April 07, 2015, 09:58:23 am
Kind of dumb. National runner up is a great season, and the Hogs have achieved it or better only twice in our history.

No not really. Why some programs are willing to cheat to win, IT ALL? Certainly, not to be runner up. Again ask UK how they feel right know.

Mr Harrison, tell us how you feel after your lose in THE FINAL FOUR! Ask Wisky how they feel right now?!

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

No not really. Why some programs are willing to cheat to win, IT ALL? Certainly, not to be runner up. Again ask UK how they feel right know.

Mr Harrison, tell us how you felt after your lose in THE FINAL FOUR! Ask Wisky how they feel right now?!

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 07, 2015, 10:39:17 am

Mr Harrison, tell us how you felt after your lose in THE FINAL FOUR! Ask Wisky how they feel right now?!

At the end of the day there is only one champion. No one cares who finished second

WorfHog

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 07, 2015, 10:50:08 am
At the end of the day there is only one champion. No one cares who finished second

I think most Hog fans still consider 1995 a good season. Disappointing at the end yes, but a good season.

jackflash

I would be down with being First Loser

Razorback_2007

No damn it...second place being the "first loser" is a cliche and only applies to a race where ALL participants are on the track at the same time like NASCAR. IN A TOURNAMENT FORMAT SUCH AS THIS WISCONSIN IS THE LAST LOSER AND ARE NATIONAL RUNNER-UP WHICH ISN'T TOO SHABBY A MONUMENTAL ACCOMPLISHMENT AND ACHIEVEMENT. The first loser was the first play in game in round ONE!!!!!
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ROAD YOUR LIFE IS ON...PAVE A NEW ONE

Dropkick

Actually this UW team may be remembered over time more than Duke's championship team due to ending Kentuckys historic run.

There are 300+ teams in DI.  If you see no value in finishing second, then you are going to be sad an overwhelming percentage of the time.

I think the Hogs season was successful.  We didn't achieve our highest goals, but we got back to the tournament, won a game, finished second in the conference and established ourselves on the road.  All in all, a quite fine year and they aren't "losers" as a result.

BearsBisonsBoars

This is the worst sports quote and only comes out of the mouths of the worst kind of fans.

I have no respect for this kind of attitude or people who hold it.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on April 07, 2015, 01:35:12 pm
This is the worst sports quote and only comes out of the mouths of the worst kind of fans.

Anything that is laughable to the Big 10 I enjoy. I mean They can't even count right. They are such a dufus conference that they have 14 teams yet call themselves the Big 10. I love seeing a big ten team blow a 9 PT lead in the second half. It continues to prove the Big 10 is a circus show laughing stock in college sports.

cosmodrum

Go tell Corliss and Co. that they were the "first losers" in 95.

Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on April 07, 2015, 01:35:12 pm

You'd think people that saw Talladega Nights would think Ricky Bobby's dad was a joke of a character.

Nope. Role model.
Go away, batin'

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 07, 2015, 02:26:19 pm
Go tell Corliss and Co. that they were the "first losers" in 95.

When did I say anything about hoops 20 years ago?
Back then the athletes on scholarship from 1 to 13 aren't on the same level as today. If you like it or not basketball talent has gotten better in 20 years.

hawkhawg

Not only would I take first loser, I would take 3rd and 4th loser.  Just being in the Final four is a great accomplishment.

jjdlc

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 07, 2015, 10:37:41 am
Any dislike they have for UW is aimed at Barry Alvarez and only Barry Alvarez.
For once you and I agree.  I would not be surprised if CBB was cheering for Wisky in that game.

Hogfan1660

I was actually pulling for Wisconsin and had them beating Duke in the finals winning it all. I enjoyed watching a good fundamentally sound ball game from both teams and loved seeing the teamwork. I guess I'm just old school in that regard!

HawgnCorona

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 07, 2015, 10:50:08 am

At least you get the point...

EastexHawg

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 07, 2015, 02:24:22 pm

Anything that is laughable to the Big 10 I enjoy. I mean They can't even count right. They are such a dufus conference that they have 14 teams yet call themselves the Big 10. I love seeing a big ten team blow a 9 PT lead in the second half. It continues to prove the Big 10 is a circus show laughing stock in college sports.

Try going to MMQB and posting how laughable the Big 10...and therefore Big 10 championships...are.

Hoginsavga

This is the reason I like only 4 teams in college football playoffs. Our Hogs finished the season with a resounding win over hated Texas and gave us excitement to last us until September 2015. If we had been in a 16 team playoff in football and lost in the first round would we still have those same feelings. Although I enjoy March Madness, I feel that college sports shouldn't leave 67 teams with a memory of their last game resulting in a loss.

Porked Tongue