Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN Way too early Top 25 & Sporting News Top 25. Check out Razorbacks ranking

Started by Mr. Porkleone, April 06, 2015, 11:02:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshHog

Why do you say check out our ranking... we dont have a ranking? Like what?

rude1

Coming into the tourney nobody believed in our team, after the tourney there is nothing that happened that changed their minds. Need to come away with more of the high profile wins if you want the rankers to believe in you.

Smithian

If Portis leaves it is tough to believe Arkansas should be ranked next season, even if the talent should be pretty deep.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: FreshHog on April 06, 2015, 11:08:10 pm
Why do you say check out our ranking... we dont have a ranking? Like what?

Not in first. But 17 in second. You must not be able to read either link

FreshHog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on April 06, 2015, 11:17:58 pm
Not in first. But 17 in second. You must not be able to read either link

When i responded there was only the ESPN link... which doesnt have us ranked... So why link it? I dont get it.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: FreshHog on April 06, 2015, 11:20:39 pm
When i responded there was only the ESPN link... which doesnt have us ranked... So why link it? I dont get it.

It's ok dude.  2nd link.

onebadrubi

PORKULATOR

If Qualls and Port is return and we don't start top 15, these rankings are a joke.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hawg Red

If Portis announces he's coming back, and Qualls stays as well, we'll be around the top 15.

jry04

Quote from: Smithian on April 06, 2015, 11:13:17 pm
If Portis leaves it is tough to believe Arkansas should be ranked next season, even if the talent should be pretty deep.
If Portis leaves, I think we could still be top 25, assuming Qualls is back. If Portis and Qualls both return, there is no way we are any worse than top 15.

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 07, 2015, 11:03:16 am
If Portis announces he's coming back, and Qualls stays as well, we'll be around the top 15.
I agree. I would say about 12th.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: jry04 on April 07, 2015, 11:05:09 am
If Portis leaves, I think we could still be top 25, assuming Qualls is back. If Portis and Qualls both return, there is no way we are any worse than top 15.

Don't think so if Portis leaves.

jry04

Quote from: RazorPiggie on April 07, 2015, 11:23:30 am
Don't think so if Portis leaves.
You may be right. We will still have talent, though. Qualls will only get better. We will need Moses to improve, and Kapita to get healthy. However, I think Beard, Bell, Whitt, and Qualls could make us good enough to be around the top 25.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 07, 2015, 11:03:16 am

I would assume you're basing that on a few things. 

1.  Both Qualls and Portis develop and are significantly better players next season.

2.  Someone can fill the role that Madden played.

3.  Someone can fill the role Harris played. 

4.  Bell, Beard, and someone else need to emerge as legitimate consistent 3 point threats. 

I think that's a lot to hang hats on.  I definitely think we'll be improved, but we were only in and out of the top 25 this season. 

We have a chance to be improved, but I don't think it's a lock even if they return.  Bring back ALL of our starting five next season, or have some guys behind them that were obviously as good, and I would agree.  We don't have that scenario.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

jry04

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 07, 2015, 11:15:00 pm
I would assume you're basing that on a few things. 

1.  Both Qualls and Portis develop and are significantly better players next season.

2.  Someone can fill the role that Madden played.

3.  Someone can fill the role Harris played. 

4.  Bell, Beard, and someone else need to emerge as legitimate consistent 3 point threats. 

I think that's a lot to hang hats on.  I definitely think we'll be improved, but we were only in and out of the top 25 this season. 

We have a chance to be improved, but I don't think it's a lock even if they return.  Bring back ALL of our starting five next season, or have some guys behind them that were obviously as good, and I would agree.  We don't have that scenario.   
Yet multiple people in the national media say we are borderline top 10 if we return both. Whitt will be better than any guard we had this year, in my opinion. Beard will likely improve. There is no doubt we will contend for the SEC title next year if both return.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: jry04 on April 07, 2015, 11:18:16 pm
Yet multiple people in the national media say we are borderline top 10 if we return both. Whitt will be better than any guard we had this year, in my opinion. Beard will likely improve. There is no doubt we will contend for the SEC title next year if both return.

We'll see.  I hope you're right, and I hope the national media is right.  I'm not expecting them back, but I hope I'm wrong on that too!   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

jry04

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 07, 2015, 11:34:08 pm
We'll see.  I hope you're right, and I hope the national media is right.  I'm not expecting them back, but I hope I'm wrong on that too!   
We can agree on that last part. And I think we can both agree it will be a good debate to have if both return. Much better debating about how good we will be rather than how bad we will be, like previous years.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: jry04 on April 08, 2015, 07:35:06 am
We can agree on that last part. And I think we can both agree it will be a good debate to have if both return. Much better debating about how good we will be rather than how bad we will be, like previous years.

Here, here.  I can't agree more.  I will also say that if they don't come back, we won't see a complete rebuild.  I think we'll be solid, but we'll struggle again to win game at the end due to inexperience. 

I know I'll get a lot of arguments, but Duke's style of play isn't a lot different than what MA wants to play. He just doesn't have multiple McDonald's All American's on the floor who are faster than a bolt of lightning, can shoot the eyes out of it, and defend anyone.  I'll always argue that we need to make more in game adjustments, but I've also resigned myself to giving up on that notion.  But...with Duke's talent, I think MA could compete for a NC.