Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justin Smith

Started by razorbass, January 15, 2008, 12:05:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbass

Seems to be looking elsewhere, anyone heard anything different?

hog_fan

I believe he will visit Ole Miss. He is probably gone if I had to guess.

The Realist

Thats weird because he said he was solid when Petrino was hired.  Rivals has his only other visit to Louisville. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

jb11

I saw an article on Scout where he said he has not been contacted since Petrino was hired.

Razorvet

A two star from GA.  That means no coach in GA knew anything about him. I am of the opinion that only in state 2 stars should get a look from Arkansas. If no coach from thier own state was intrested then why would we be. I know all about the diamond in the rough but I would rather spend the energy finding diamonds.

regi

His High School coach is an Arky. He is solid. He is a 3* per rivals BTW.

BCShogs

Malcolm Sheppard was a 2 star from GA and he contributed as a true Freshman. With that being said, BP knows what he's doing and I trust him 100%.

Tomhog™

Petrino will honor this original commitment, but may not be impressed enough with what he's seen to go visit him.  It might not bother Petrino one bit for him to switch to another school.  Pure speculation on my part.

saywhat?

Quote from: Razorvet on January 15, 2008, 01:29:21 pm
A two star from GA.  That means no coach in GA knew anything about him. I am of the opinion that only in state 2 stars should get a look from Arkansas. If no coach from thier own state was intrested then why would we be. I know all about the diamond in the rough but I would rather spend the energy finding diamonds.

I talked to one of the rivals scouts about him and he said he's a heck of a steal.  Said he had a lot of potential.

The Realist

Quote from: saywhat? on January 15, 2008, 02:43:32 pm
I talked to one of the rivals scouts about him and he said he's a heck of a steal.  Said he had a lot of potential.
my thoughts as well. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

bjackson

i think coach p. needs to take a look at this kid because if i remember right this kid practice against a kid who's starting in the offensive line for georgia this year as a true freshman and his highschool coach said  justin whipped this kid in practice everyday. i believe coach rocker was recruiting justin so that makes me tink even more this kid might be a steal. someone needs to get word to coach to check justin out good before we let him get away. also wasn't rocker from the state of georgia so he made have some pull with some of the highschool programs there.

jackflash

If I was him, I would look at how much playing might be available here.  If he can play DT

The Coletrain

I really like this kid's potential.  I for one am hoping we can keep him. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Razorvet on January 15, 2008, 01:29:21 pm

Dude Georgia is rich in talent. They have the best talent outside of Texas, Florida, and Cali.

Justin Smith also went to a Nike camp and performed very well.

ntubjr

We offered his teammare after BP was hired I would be shocked if he did not come

bjackson

this is the second d- tackle i have seen wavering from his commitment. coach allen or whoever is recruiting these youngmen better get off their butts and start doing a liitle selling. i am more worried about our lineman situations on both sides of the ball than i am with the skill position players. we are set there

Hogs12

Quote from: bjackson on January 15, 2008, 08:40:59 pm
this is the second d- tackle i have seen wavering from his commitment. coach allen or whoever is recruiting these youngmen better get off their butts and start doing a liitle selling. i am more worried about our lineman situations on both sides of the ball than i am with the skill position players. we are set there

Who is the other one? Has Mr. Smith actually visited Arkansas with the new staff yet? I would not be worried at all.

bjackson

i also believe some of our coaches should start doubling up and visiting some of ole piss'es recruits. i honestly believe nutt main goal is to see how many recruits he can steal from us. i believe this will hurt him in the long run though because he is not going to get very many,if any at all and that's hurting his recruiting because that means he's not going after people he should be in his own state.

JoeJuice

Quote from: neahogfan22 on January 15, 2008, 02:25:48 pm
Malcolm Sheppard was a 2 star from GA and he contributed as a true Freshman. With that being said, BP knows what he's doing and I trust him 100%.
Sheppard red shirted his freshmen year. he contributed as a redshirt freshmen

The Realist

January 15, 2008, 10:50:04 pm #19 Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:52:01 pm by The Realist
Malcolm Sheppard played his freshman year unfortunately, played all 14 games.
Childs, Gregory.