Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jarius Wright talks Oklahoma

Started by Tomhog™, June 21, 2007, 08:36:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgballz

I am sure Jarious does not want to hear this, I think he is a fine offensive player, but his quickest & highest paying route to the NFL is at CB, IMO.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

jackflash

A lot of schools are going to talk to this kid, the quickest way on the field at Arkansas would be DB in my opinion

jhudson84

He needs to come as a ath, start off as a db and eventually we'll have ourselves a deion sanders/chris gamble/devin hester type.

ksrazorback

"I can take the ball to the house on any play." says Jarius Wright!!

With his speed, he would be an excellent DB / Ath (return man), so coming to Arkansas and SEC will give him that chance to play with his dream player someday, Mark Clayton.
Just don't think he will make it as receiver in NFL (Ht: 5-11 Wt: 175 40: 4.4 ), unless he gains some height in the next 4...

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks    :razorback:     :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: ksrazorback on June 21, 2007, 12:18:21 pm

With his speed, he would be an excellent DB / Ath (return man), so coming to Arkansas and SEC will give him that chance to play with his dream player someday, Mark Clayton.
Just don't think he will make it as receiver in NFL (Ht: 5-11 Wt: 175 40: 4.4 ), unless he gains some height in the next 4...

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks    :razorback:     :razorback:

Marvin Harrison, arguably the NFL's best receiver, is only 6'.  I don't think being 5'11 is going to hurt his chances to play at the next level.

Hawgballz

Quote from: hogsfan4l1fe on June 22, 2007, 07:44:30 am
Quote from: ksrazorback on June 21, 2007, 12:18:21 pm

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks    :razorback:     :razorback:

Marvin Harrison, arguably the NFL's best receiver, is only 6'.  I don't think being 5'11 is going to hurt his chances to play at the next level.

There is always the exception to the rule, but for the most part NFL receivers are not 5'11".  Many teams will not even give you a first look while will just not be willing to take the risk.  Meanwhile a 5'11" CB with his speed and athletic ability will fit right into the NFL mold of what a CB should be and there is tremendous money for the top CBs, just ask Nate Clements (who is 5'11" and will be making $80 million over the next 8 years, signed with San Francisco).
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!