Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We’re in for another 10 years of cellar dwelling

Started by Arazorbackguy1, March 26, 2019, 08:50:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

If we let Mike go this year.  No coach in their right mind is going to come work for HY.  He's inexperienced and this is not Houston, which is building to be a Monster program with tons of money to spend.

We let Mike go, we get another Pelphrey or Heath, then we are 10 years down the road with 1 NIT and 1 nCAA tourney play-in game.  We become the laughing stock of the league and irrelevant, only to celebrate our 35th anniversary of our NCAA Championship. 

I don't believe HY is the answer and he will not be here for more than 4 years.  He show his incompetence with this situation and the boosters will lose faith that he can get the job done. 

Watch and see...
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Boared Out Of My Mind

So you have no faith in a guy that hasn't been in the job a year to prove himself, but do in a coach that has had 8 and done little to nothing with it and doesn't deserve another year?

rhames

People come work for money. Arkansas can get a good coach if they want if a change is made.

One possibility used to work for HY.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 26, 2019, 08:50:25 am
If we let Mike go this year.  No coach in their right mind is going to come work for HY.  He’s inexperienced and this is not Houston, which is building to be a Monster program with tons of money to spend.

We let Mike go, we get another Pelphrey or Heath, then we are 10 years down the road with 1 NIT and 1 nCAA tourney play-in game.  We become the laughing stock of the league and irrelevant, only to celebrate our 35th anniversary of our NCAA Championship. 

I don’t believe HY is the answer and he will not be here for more than 4 years.  He show his incompetence with this situation and the boosters will lose faith that he can get the job done. 

Watch and see...

Is HY really the one running things up there?  Honest question.  Sounds to me like we have some very active Trustees.

BossHawg_Outlaw

If we let Mike go this year.  No coach in their right mind is going to come work for HY.  He's inexperienced and this is not Houston, which is building to be a Monster program with tons of money to spend.

I don't believe HY is the answer and he will not be here for more than 4 years.  He show his incompetence with this situation and the boosters will lose faith that he can get the job done. 

Watch and see...

Hogimus Prime

Heard this sameshit when Nutt was here and Petrino came along. Yeah that didnt end well and the hire after BP didn't go as planned but rather try a changed instead of keeping with the status quo junk cause the next hire might set the program back is not smart

pigroots

Wrong..we are in the worse place to be..... mediocrity. That's not our standard. We can't be afraid of change. Find the right guy and it's been proven for 25 years we were a national powerhouse. We were competitive with everyone we played. Now we are irrelevant. How many times have we been in the top 25 in the last 8 years? If we keep CMA there have to be changes. Perhaps it's time to go a whole new direction. But some changes MUST happen. Kudos to the AD for recognizing that...we all do

onebadrubi

Man, by opening your mouth (typing your thoughts here) you really showed how ignorant you are.   

Everything you said is pure speculation with NOTHING accurate to draw such a conclusion.  It may very well be right, but you are throwing poop at the wall in hopes your drama queen emotions end up right (sticks). 

Thanks for putting a dent in my daily IQ

Hog Fan...DOH!

Watch and see...

That's over-dramatic.  Stop getting your information from message boards.  It's not news. 

Arkansas is a great job-- better than Houston.  Arkansas has more money than Houston.  I think you keep Mike, but calm the eff down. The environment is much, much different at Arkansas now than 15 years ago.  There's nothing HY has done, or not done, for anybody to draw any conclusions. 

Inhogswetrust

Watch and see...

This is easily one of the top ten dumbest posts on the subject.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

kaki

Watch and see...
Seems to me the fear of the replacement is not the most compelling argument in favor of the incumbent.  We have a long enough history of what Mike can and can't do, seems the decision would be better determined by evaluating this.  So, if one is not fully satisfied with the present, based on past performance, the best path to the desired future is to do nothing because what one might do could make it worse.   

hog golf

what's the matter with you people? your NIT bracket busted or something?
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Rome26

Quote from: rhames on March 26, 2019, 08:54:04 am
People come work for money. Arkansas can get a good coach if they want if a change is made.

One possibility used to work for HY.

Do you consider Frank Martin a good coach? If so, would you be ok with someone like him?