Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mother's Day Cooks???

Started by PharmacistHog, May 09, 2016, 12:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

I cooked my lovely wife a 4lb prime rib on the egg. 

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

DeltaBoy

My daughter took Mom out to eat on Mothers day while I spent the entire weekend sick in bed with a stomach virus.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 09, 2016, 02:44:42 pm
My daughter took Mom out to eat on Mothers day while I spent the entire weekend sick in bed with a stomach virus.

Get outta my thread with your stomach virus.........
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

zane

Quote from: PharmacistHog on May 09, 2016, 12:58:43 pm
I cooked my lovely wife a 4lb prime rib on the egg. 

Jesus H. that looks outstanding
RIP LSUfan

LSUFan

Quote from: zane on May 09, 2016, 03:38:10 pm
Jesus H. that looks outstanding
He post this stuff to taunt us  >:(
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Boog41

I'm headed to Hot Springs Village later this week. 12 of us meet every year and play Ryder Cup games for five rounds of golf.

I'm hauling my Cookshack smoker with me and taking 2 X 10 lbs of prime rib for Saturday night dinner. I hope it turns out looking half as good as yours Pharm. Dang that looks tasty.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boog41 on May 09, 2016, 04:35:35 pm
I'm headed to Hot Springs Village later this week. 12 of us meet every year and play Ryder Cup games for five rounds of golf.

I'm hauling my Cookshack smoker with me and taking 2 X 10 lbs of prime rib for Saturday night dinner. I hope it turns out looking half as good as yours Pharm. Dang that looks tasty.

I'm sure it will.  That's a pretty easy cook really. 
Millennials suck...

Boog41

Pharm, how do you prep yours?

I usually put my prime rib in a big baggy and give it a couple hour soak in Worcestershire. Then give it a coating of Montreal rub. Put it in the smoker fat side up and put fresh rosemary sprigs on top.

PharmacistHog

If anything I just rub the night before but I didnt even do that with this one. I rubbed it down with Meatchurch Holy Cow rub and then seared it on all four sides on a cast iron griddle then on the egg about 250 until it was 130 degrees in the center. I like it a little more rare but wife likes a little more done and it WAS mothers day so I did it to her liking. I usually smoke it and then crank up heat and sear it but wanted to try this different approach. I liked this way. Little easier to set the crust how I wanted.

I did let it sit and cool down after that initial sear to try and get a more even cook.
Millennials suck...

Boog41

The crust is what caught my attention. I'm going to try the sear before smoking next time I do it at home. I won't have what the equipment to do it this weekend in a rented house.

Thanks Pharm!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boog41 on May 09, 2016, 07:17:04 pm
The crust is what caught my attention. I'm going to try the sear before smoking next time I do it at home. I won't have what the equipment to do it this weekend in a rented house.

Thanks Pharm!

I used my cast iron griddle on my stove.
Millennials suck...

DeltaBoy

The Meat looks great Pharm.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boog41

Where do you purchase Meatchurch Holy Cow from Pharm?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boog41 on May 10, 2016, 10:54:33 am
Where do you purchase Meatchurch Holy Cow from Pharm?

I ordered it from their website.  They had a special going on their combo or rubs. 

http://www.meatchurch.com/collections/frontpage/products/fivepack

Their honey hog and seasoned salt are also good.  The honey hog is pretty sweet.  Its great on porks. 
Millennials suck...

Boog41

Great....thanks for the link!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boog41 on May 10, 2016, 11:37:09 am
Great....thanks for the link!

Those guys are good folks, too.  They post on some of the bbq forums.  When I ordered mine I had it in 2 days. 
Millennials suck...