Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cast Iron

Started by Boll Hawg, March 15, 2016, 02:48:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 30, 2016, 10:37:47 am
I finally quit getting aggravated about knives. Women, they throw em in the dish washer, throw them in the drawer in a big pile and then complain about them not being sharp. No crap?

Yep DAT TRU!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Here what I done about my knives ,  I took light weight cardboard like those Oat meal packages comes in , I flatten it out and cut a piece wide and long enough to fold over 2 times around the blade and then I secure the sheath with duct tape.

Like these

It keeps them sharp and you don't get cut fingers reaching into the knife drawer.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

toshortrock

i still cook pork chops in mine,,,no other way
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

DeltaBoy

Quote from: toshortrock on April 28, 2016, 09:40:15 am
i still cook pork chops in mine,,,no other way

Pork Chops were made for a black cast iron skillet.

Filthy_McSwine

Cooked some burgers last night in my big, ancient cast iron skillet on the side burner of my gas grill.  Damn, they were good.  A nice change from the BGE (also good).

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Filthy_McSwine on April 30, 2016, 09:18:03 pm
Cooked some burgers last night in my big, ancient cast iron skillet on the side burner of my gas grill.  Damn, they were good.  A nice change from the BGE (also good).

I use my pre WW2 Round Flat Iron grill for Burgers and steaks some times on the Weber.