Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check out this meal! What I cooked last night!

Started by BR, February 16, 2008, 08:32:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

What I cooked Last Night... BBQ Beef Brisket, Lobster Claws & Scallops, Cole Slaw, Fried Potatoes and wife made Brownies... A few Miller Lites and some Cabo Wabo Margaritas later... Life was great!

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

How did you do your claws and did you buy just the claws?  If so, where?  Thanks
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

BR

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 16, 2008, 05:07:20 pm
How did you do your claws and did you buy just the claws?  If so, where?  Thanks

Sams Club,  Claws Only!!!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on February 17, 2008, 09:27:19 am
Sams Club,  Claws Only!!!

I had no idea they sold them there.  I'd seen the tails but never just the claws.  We'll swing by today and pick some up and out of curiosity, how much are they?  One last question, how did you cook them and the scallops?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

BR

Guinness Snout

What the hell are robster craws!?  ;)  quick what movie is that from?
Seriously though looks like some good eatin'!

Shag66

DeWayne R

Quote from: Guinness Snout on March 26, 2011, 07:49:19 pm
What the hell are robster craws!?  ;)  quick what movie is that from?
Seriously though looks like some good eatin'!

Revenge of the nerds.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Guinness Snout

Revenge of the nerds

DING DING DING!!  WE Have a winner.  +1 sir

DeltaBoy

Dang I never would have made my Historical Commission Meeting after eating that.

Looks good.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

lmd1929

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Rockpig5

Quote from: BR on February 16, 2008, 08:32:57 am
What I cooked Last Night... BBQ Beef Brisket, Lobster Claws & Scallops, Cole Slaw, Fried Potatoes and wife made Brownies... A few Miller Lites and some Cabo Wabo Margaritas later... Life was great!

I'd say you were living the dream!

DeltaBoy

It greives me my Wife hates Wild game , Fish and Seafood.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

Boog41

BR

Boog41

Quote from: BR on February 26, 2016, 12:51:55 pm
In the smoker with a Butter & Garlic sauce

Cooked them in those aluminum pans while swimming in the butter/garlic sauce?? Sorry if I'm sounding dense, it's been a long week.

BR

Quote from: Boog41 on February 26, 2016, 05:22:39 pm
Cooked them in those aluminum pans while swimming in the butter/garlic sauce?? Sorry if I'm sounding dense, it's been a long week.
yep, smoked about 2 hours at 250...

PorkRinds

I shouldn't even ask. But how in the hell much butter is in that pan? That could kill a man...

BR

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 26, 2016, 06:14:48 pm
I shouldn't even ask. But how in the hell much butter is in that pan? That could kill a man...
Can't ever get enough Butter, when it has Garlic in it...

PorkRinds

Quote from: BR on February 26, 2016, 06:21:12 pm
  Can't ever get enough Butter, when it has Garlic in it...

Really though, what is it? 8 sticks? 12 sticks?

Boog41

Boog41

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 17, 2008, 11:38:17 am
I had no idea they sold them there.  I'd seen the tails but never just the claws.  We'll swing by today and pick some up and out of curiosity, how much are they?  One last question, how did you cook them and the scallops?

Boar, did you ever get any of the claws at Sams?

Boog41

BR, I finally tried the claws. Thanks bro, they were awesome!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boog41 on March 07, 2016, 10:19:10 am
Boar, did you ever get any of the claws at Sams?

Sorry about that, just now saw this.  Actually  I did try them  Found them at both Supercenter and Sam's.  Smoked one batch on the egg and steamed the other and both were a miserable fail.  Just very dry and tasteless.  Now we've been grilling the lobster tails we get at Sam's and love those things.

Boog41

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 12, 2016, 04:47:42 pm
Sorry about that, just now saw this.  Actually  I did try them  Found them at both Supercenter and Sam's.  Smoked one batch on the egg and steamed the other and both were a miserable fail.  Just very dry and tasteless.  Now we've been grilling the lobster tails we get at Sam's and love those things.

No prob Boar.....I finally found the claws also. Tried them once with a whole bath tub full of butter and garlic and man, were they good!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boog41 on April 13, 2016, 08:56:58 am
No prob Boar.....I finally found the claws also. Tried them once with a whole bath tub full of butter and garlic and man, were they good!

glad you had better luck than we did.  As far as lobster goes, they're really pretty cheap but based on our experiences with them, still not worth it.  I guess when we want lobster we'll get the tails from Sam's and grill them on the egg.  I think what we're doing this weekend is buying a box of oysters from Whole Foods and grilling them.  They knock off 10% if you buy a whole box and I think we'll go that route.

Boog41

Those oysters sound really good to me. Post a pic of them if you don't mind.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boog41 on April 13, 2016, 10:58:17 am
Those oysters sound really good to me. Post a pic of them if you don't mind.

I'll find a pic and post it when I get home.  Can't do it from here.  Love those things,  Went through 70 this past weekend.  ;)