Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This seasons collapse

Started by Hawg94, May 23, 2012, 01:06:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

olivebranchhog

Quote from: maxdavid on June 03, 2012, 05:50:53 pm
DVH is an elite coach.  If you are on here criticizing him, you have no idea what you are talking about.  Just STFU and go back to playing baseball on your xbox.

Wait...you mean I can't learn everything about baseball from movies and xbox......man I guess I'll have to return moneyball and mlb 2k12.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

hoggie

Pretty sure Roberts will find his way. He had to know going in to Norman there was a 3 year All Big 12 starter in front of him. Was hopping he stayed at Fayetteville.
      Have no comment on Golloway, (it is what it is).

spe450

razobak

Man I hate how our season totally went in the crapper.  This has to be DVH's worst coaching job ever and this team totally underachieved.  Arkansas has the best fans who are always loyal and we deserve no less than Tony La Russa as our coach.  I have decided that Arkansas baseball will never be any good and we'll never make it to the CWS again with DVH as our coach.

(did that sound convincing enough?)
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Sueie

Quote from: razobak on June 12, 2012, 08:05:36 am
Man I hate how our season totally went in the crapper.  This has to be DVH's worst coaching job ever and this team totally underachieved.  Arkansas has the best fans who are always loyal and we deserve no less than Tony La Russa as our coach.  I have decided that Arkansas baseball will never be any good and we'll never make it to the CWS again with DVH as our coach.

(did that sound convincing enough?)

Did you get that post from TikiHog or Hoggie?
NO Texas teams are going.
NO OU
NO LSU

Does it get ANY BETTER than that?

Michaelt

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on May 23, 2012, 05:52:48 pm
We can't hit.  Good pitching.  No hitters on this team.  Season over.  Quite a fall from early in the season when we were rated in the "TOP 5".  WE will end the season out of the "Top 25".  Ending the season losing to MS State and OLE MISS is especially hurtful.
Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 23, 2012, 10:39:48 pm
The season is over. It's been over.
Quote from: hoggie on May 26, 2012, 07:55:13 pm
  I pray we don't go to Texas for a regional. I don't want Rice, TAM or Baylor. They all might have a little red a--. Surely need to stay way from Oklahoma their staff is for real. Maybe the best 4 starters on one team in the nation.

Seems the menu for today is crow;

See you guys in Omaha!
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

razobak

Quote from: Sueie on June 12, 2012, 08:30:27 am
NO OU
NO LSU

Well, we COULD be on the opposite side of the bracket from SC and Florida.  Beggars can't be choosers though.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

bsking

June 12, 2012, 09:06:50 am #107 Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:16:45 am by bsking
Quote from: Sueie on June 12, 2012, 08:30:27 am
NO OU
NO LSU

Tiki has been "surprisingly" absent since we started out run.  I had some kind words to say about Kentucky and Raph Rhymes to him, not to mention our run to Omaha.  It mostly consisted of neener neener.

HoopS

Let this be a lesson.  To the ones claiming the season was over in May....it hadn't even begun.  And this year is no different than any year in college baseball has ever been.  The regular season merely has to be played to get you ready and into the post season....and the SECT doesn't matter either.   In fact, the best thing that happened to the Hogs was losing right out, getting home and resting.  MSU went all in, and were immediately bounced when it mattered. 

Now, bump

Sueie

June 12, 2012, 10:48:36 am #109 Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:53:31 am by Sueie
Quote from: bsking on June 12, 2012, 09:06:50 am
Tiki has been "surprisingly" absent since we started out run.  I had some kind words to say about Kentucky and Raph Rhymes to him, not to mention our run to Omaha.  It mostly consisted of neener neener.

Check the members list.  Tiki is no longer with us. 

Oops, my mistake.  He is online now.  ;D

maxre567

well, I'll say this much, being a St Louis Cardinals fan, I definitely know about what you might call positive season collapses

go back to 2006 when the Cards really started crappin out the bed as it were late in the season that year, got swept in some series and kinda like us were dealing with pitching gettin worn down, up till the final week of the season, came down to one game between them and the astros that they just managed to pull out, and after that happened, they came into the post season off the radar but got their dynamite pitching going in it and pulled out some gutsy wins en route to a run to the world series.

Lookin at the end of this season for the hogs, I just started wondering if maybe that same fate could happen to us and it did.

I think the biggest factors in helpin the guys was gettin taken out of hoover early, cuz while its never good to purposefully lose, the extra days off there probably got our guys lookin back and gettin upset personally at their own showings there, then addin in the extra waiting period till the regional, it probably was makin them miss playing on the baseball field so much that when they got to Houston, there was just the feeling of a new season beginning.  Some of the things were still there on the field that had been most of the season, but there was definitely a bigger display of heart, and drive to win by the guys that they were able to feed off of that, and get to where they are now

GTOWNHOG

Hindsight is 20/20.  We did not end the regular season well.  I hope we win it all.  And I hope that our hitting improves. Go HOGS!
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hawg94 on May 23, 2012, 01:06:29 pm
People can blame the players and the assistant coaches, but this comes down to Van Horn. He has the reputation of being hard to play for and it's catching up to him. We just don't have enough talent and I have decided that we will never be a top ten team year in and year out. We have the best fans in the country and we deserve more. However, Van Horn is not going to change anything that he does at this point.

Wherein is this collapse that you speak of. Are you referring to Texas, LSU, Baylor, Rice, TCU, Stanford, Virginia, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Arizona State, Miami or Southern Cal. I bet all these perennial powers wish they were in Dave Van Horn's shoes right now. LOL

99toLife

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 12, 2012, 01:02:39 pm
Wherein is this collapse that you speak of. Are you referring to Texas, LSU, Baylor, Rice, TCU, Stanford, Virginia, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Arizona State, Miami or Southern Cal. I bet all these perennial powers wish they were in Dave Van Horn's shoes right now. LOL

Maybe he meant we will collapse at the CWS.   ;)

texas tush hog

Quote from: 99toLife on June 12, 2012, 01:08:49 pm
Maybe he meant we will collapse at the CWS.   ;)

Kinda like out there on the mound after out three, the whole team collapsed.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.