Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unofficial national championship thread

Started by elksnort, January 08, 2018, 06:56:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PonderinHog

air

Bama for natty again next year if qb continues to improve.

hog.goblin

Hogz87

WOOOOOWWW!!!

After what seemed like an untoppable classic national championship last year, Bama is involved again this year and just found a way to top it.

Unbelievable. 

That cements (or further cements) Saban as the GOAT.  Five national championships at Alabama and six national championships total.  There'll never be another Nick Saban.

And after nearly winning a national championship as a true freshman QB last year, Hurts looks like he'll be relegated to backup QB duty the remainder of his Alabama career unless he transfers.

Dark Helmet Hog

Oliver

All because of that QB change at halftime

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jgphillips3

ronmahony

I think if I was Hurts I would be asking if I could be a running back next year, might be the best thing that ever happened to him.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

latrops

PonderinHog

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Bubba's Bruisers

Saban's offense has never been the problem.  His QB has been the problem.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Breems

Alabama wins again. Yawn.

BUT they made it exciting this year at least. Thanks for a great game SEC!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

jcbville

Balls of steel call to put in true freshman QB at halftime in NC game. Legendary.

GoHogs1091

UCF   Undefeated conference champion and beat Auburn

Alabama   Not undefeated, no conference champion, and lost to Auburn

redeye

Who else thought Georgia would win after the sack?

I had Bama pegged to win, until the sack, and they won anyhow... lol.  Crazy!

HogPharmer

Nick Saban to Kirby Smart in the post game hand shake...

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

latrops

Quote from: air on January 08, 2018, 11:10:37 pm
Bama for natty again next year if qb continues to improve.

They are there about every year...no reason to expect otherwise as long as Saban is there.

Atlhogfan1

RTR - Thought that sack Tua took was it.  Finally hit a pass downfield.

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 08, 2018, 11:11:09 pm
Where does Hurts transfer to?

Ga Tech?  Only place he fits as a qb. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rtr

Quote from: jcbville on January 08, 2018, 11:12:44 pm
Balls of steel call to put in true freshman QB at halftime in NC game. Legendary.
And to stick with him.  Courageous decision by Coach Saban.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Breems on January 08, 2018, 11:12:39 pm

This

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

sickboy

Well that was an epic game. Jeeze. Saban is unreal.

jgphillips3

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 08, 2018, 11:13:37 pm

And Bama would have obliterated UCF.

hawgon

Okay, as much as I hate Bama, I'm a fan of this Tua kid.  What a nice kid!  He sounds like the boy next door.

Bubba's Bruisers

I'm impressed with the Bama true freshman QB's interview.  Impressive kid.

ChopSooie

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 08, 2018, 11:13:37 pm

This has to stop. UCF could have played a tougher non conference schedule. Their only big win was Auburn. They played no one else.

hoglady

Georgia had no answer for the freshman QB.
The better the Bama offense got - the more fired up their defense got.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogPharmer

I'd love for someone to say YAWN over Arkansas' 5th NC in 9 years.

Sed76

Never had a doubt since I despise all things Alabama football.  :puke:

latrops

Between Bama, the Patriots, and the Warriors it stinks to root for anyone else.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 08, 2018, 11:15:53 pm
I'm impressed with the Bama true freshman QB's interview.  Impressive kid.

I'm a Tua fan.  I hope he does well every weekend except our weekend.  Seems like a great and humble kid.

Hogz87

This is a lazy comparison since they both come from the same high school in Hawaii, but the college football world has spent most of Saban's Alabama tenure wondering how much scarier Alabama would be if Saban had a Marcus Mariota caliber QB under center.  It looks like we'll get to spend the next two, possibly three, years finding out with Tua Tagovailoa playing QB for Alabama.

PonderinHog

hog.goblin

This, I thought he had choked two years in a row but this time it paid off

PonderinHog

hobhog

Falcons and Bulldogs. Whole state on suicide watch. Brutal.

3of5-2

Love that Lord and Savior testimony by Tua on the big stage.

panhandlepig

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 11:16:02 pm
Georgia had no answer for the freshman QB.
The better the Bama offense got - the more fired up their defense got.

Yep.

HogPharmer

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 08, 2018, 11:18:21 pm
Hurts handled it well, too.

Best he could. Gotta be difficult to handle your composure the second half then during a post game interview where you know your replacement saved you and won your NC for you.

hobhog

Quote from: latrops on January 08, 2018, 11:17:20 pm
Between Bama, the Patriots, and the Warriors it stinks to root for anyone else.

And yet I do....

ThisTeetsTaken

Listening to that freshman QB for Bama talking about Jesus minutes after winning it all and with all the attention on him is so great.  I hate Bama but I'm a BIG fan of that kid. Great role model for young men.  Well done young man!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 08, 2018, 11:18:21 pm
Hurts handled it well, too.

Yep, he did.  Had to be an extremely disappointing situation for him.  Acted with class.

elksnort

hogbud

EastexHawg

Beat me to it.  A great coach demonstrating what great coaching is.