Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Out of the mouth of lady Alabama fan.

Started by Hoggie17, September 15, 2017, 10:53:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

Porkchop#1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 16, 2017, 05:59:13 pm
Long deep 6th our Football program and played the moralist and Integrity card which we all swallowed hook line and sinker!
Not me Delta, I called BS on the deal the hole time.

wachhog

Bobby just walked across my TV screen, looking fit and dapper in a well tailored suit. Smiling, too. Nobody mentioned a motorcycle; just the Cards' #15 ranking. Those were the days, my friend...

PorkRinds

Long deep 6th our Football program and played the moralist and Integrity card which we all swallowed hook line and sinker!

Never change.

hobhog

It's really important to me to know what this Alabama lady is saying now. Please update.

hobhog

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Derjen

Not me. I knew exactly what he did.

In my opinion, in P5 schools, the Football HC is more valuable than the AD.

Derjen

Quote from: alohawg on September 16, 2017, 01:38:53 pm
At the time he deserved to be fired, revisionism aside. If Bielema had been a smashing (pun here) success, these comments/threads would be nonexistent.

But he hasn't, won't , and never will. He couldn't hold Bobby's coaching strap...

hobhog

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Broadway Rob on September 16, 2017, 08:14:04 am
All of the examples are from under-performing CEO and Execs???  It seems like you're agreeing with me but it's tough to tell.  Steve Jobs, for example, was fired from Apple way before Apple was successful.  He was brought back in because they were on life support.  He then revolutionized the technology industry. 

Are you saying now that the hogs are on life support, we should bring Petrino back?  I don't think that would go over well.

Apple was thriving when they ran Steve Jobs off. So firing "winning" leaders does happen.

Now to Muskogee's point. If a CEO lies to his board of directors to cover up a scandal has a high probability of being fired. If the company is doing well the board knows they will find another capable CEO.

In our case we had Smiley as the interim which showed the major cracks that CBP had left behind.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

lasthog

Quote from: hoghearted on September 16, 2017, 08:31:47 am
This is fundamentally not true. Dorrel, being female, could claim minority status for the hire, and she possessed the minimum qualifications for the job. There is no law that states you must hire someone he most qualified person for he job.

Hiring her was stupid, but not something for which the school could be sued. If it were, firing both of them would not remove the school's vulnerability.

Correctly and clearly stated. All parties should agree that your facts are now stipulated as correct, thus needing no further discussion.

This would allow more time for debate on the other factors that are subjective in nature.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hogfanmd on September 16, 2017, 12:34:09 am
lightening in a bottle,  doesn't come around every day,  OH WELL ....

I miss winning and being a factor on game day rather then being an 11:00am after thought
I miss being around people who don't confuse lightening with lightning

hobhog

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 15, 2017, 11:42:03 pm
Of course Alabama fans probably wanted us to keep Robert Petrino (and they thought we should have kept him).

They were 4-0 against Robert while he was our Head Coach.
I doubt if Bama fans are worried about who the Ark coach is.  They are whatever and 0 against BB as well.

And for all those who say BP cant win a big game, he was here only 4 years and look at what was accomplished.  The first year, he had to completely change the way the team played from how Hootie played.  Who knows what he would have done if he had stayed? But I sure would have loved to have found out. 

The hiring of a job candidate that gets paid with taxpayer money and not choosing the most qualified person is the biggest mistake he made.  I can see it being really hard to get around that and the exposure to lawsuits that BP brought on the University by doing it.  The rest could have been worked around, but Mr Integrity was having none of it and made his move.

Im not saying Petrino is Saban or Belichick or Lombardi, but he a bunch better that what we have now.  Thats all I mean.  Folks want to bash BP and say he isnt the greatest coach and all that--well no, he isnt, but he is pretty darned good and the best coach Ark has had since maybe Lou Holtz or JFB.   Coaches like that dont come around very often to ARK , so we should have done everything possible to keep him.

But we didnt and here we are, so I hope BB can get it turned around.  I really hope he can. 

micali

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 15, 2017, 11:42:17 pm
Actually the MF bomb was after the LSU QB scored and pretended to rip his chest open and pull out a heart. We had just had a player die of a heart problem that week. Miles was overy there chuckling at his QB's theatrics...greatest and most deserved MF Bomb ever. Bobby did nothing wrong there.

PRJ
I never saw that. If that was what he was mocking, the team should have dog piled him and beat his ass.  That was truly a scum thing to do. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: 12247 on September 16, 2017, 01:55:27 pm
Folks, time after time, its been pointed out that Petrino put the University in a position to have been sued by people applying for that job that were not treated fairly by folks in the employ of the University.  And that is true.  But try to understand, every employee from Petrino right to the very top of the chain of command at our University could have been fired on the spot and that would not have made any legal difference in the University getting sued.  Labor Laws had been broken and in fact are broken by orgainzations all the time in this very manner.  My point is that the reason for anyone who applied for that job had the right to bring suit and try and make the point that they were treated unfairly and not given a reasonable opportunity to get the position.  Petrino be dammed, his firing had nothing to do with the University getting sued or not getting sued.  Petrino and anyone who knew of the infraction and did nothing to stop due process was guilty.

It likely doesn't happen but even the hiring of an assistant coach requires posting the position within the company, in this case the University.  It also requires posting it to the public with the requirements posted with it.  Basically anyone can apply if they have reasonable reason to believe they can meet the requirements.  And if challenged, the University must have a reasonable answer as to why the person you beat you out better suited the job than you did.  I am sure an attorney could explain this much better and more accurately but that is the basic situation.

FIRING PETRINO DID NOT STOP A CRAPSTROM OF LAW SUITS..IT DID LOOK GOOD BETTER ON THE SURFACE.  THE UNVERSITY JUST GOT FAIRLY LUCKY THAT LAWUITS DIDN'T COME IN LARGE NUMBERS.  CANNOT HELP BUT WONDER WHO ALL KNEW EXACTLY WHY THE YOUNG LADY GOT THE JOB BEFORE THE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT.  ALL THOSE FOLKS, ALONG WITH PETRINO, ARE GUILTY.

So Bob Stoops hiring his brother or CBP hiring his brother are potential lawsuits? that's crap..  You can hire who you want.. and if your reasoning is she was an alumni, there's nothing anybody can do.. Sure someone can sue, frivolous suits are brought all the time,  doesn't make it a crime.... there were no suits brought against the UA, because there was no foundation...

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on September 17, 2017, 09:45:02 am
Mike Price begs to differ....

I wonder would that have been different had he just won 21 games in 2 years compared to having never coached a game...

KennyForAD

Quote from: hawgon on September 16, 2017, 09:42:36 am
So, you say Petrino had to be fired because he lied to the fans, his boss, and the media yet you praise Long for lying to the fans and the media about offering Petrino a chance to stay?

lol

Exactly.  They full of crap

KennyForAD

Quote from: 12247 on September 16, 2017, 01:55:27 pm
Folks, time after time, its been pointed out that Petrino put the University in a position to have been sued by people applying for that job that were not treated fairly by folks in the employ of the University.  And that is true.  But try to understand, every employee from Petrino right to the very top of the chain of command at our University could have been fired on the spot and that would not have made any legal difference in the University getting sued.  Labor Laws had been broken and in fact are broken by orgainzations all the time in this very manner.  My point is that the reason for anyone who applied for that job had the right to bring suit and try and make the point that they were treated unfairly and not given a reasonable opportunity to get the position.  Petrino be dammed, his firing had nothing to do with the University getting sued or not getting sued.  Petrino and anyone who knew of the infraction and did nothing to stop due process was guilty.

It likely doesn't happen but even the hiring of an assistant coach requires posting the position within the company, in this case the University.  It also requires posting it to the public with the requirements posted with it.  Basically anyone can apply if they have reasonable reason to believe they can meet the requirements.  And if challenged, the University must have a reasonable answer as to why the person you beat you out better suited the job than you did.  I am sure an attorney could explain this much better and more accurately but that is the basic situation.

FIRING PETRINO DID NOT STOP A CRAPSTROM OF LAW SUITS..IT DID LOOK GOOD BETTER ON THE SURFACE.  THE UNVERSITY JUST GOT FAIRLY LUCKY THAT LAWUITS DIDN'T COME IN LARGE NUMBERS.  CANNOT HELP BUT WONDER WHO ALL KNEW EXACTLY WHY THE YOUNG LADY GOT THE JOB BEFORE THE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT.  ALL THOSE FOLKS, ALONG WITH PETRINO, ARE GUILTY.

This is a pack of lies.  Preposterous lies.  There was NO potential lawsuit.  Long was lying to you fools.   Blind ignorant fools

Lowdown

I'm not sure if Petrino should have been fired or not. I don't know what the conversation was between he and Long. I look at Bobby's situation as I do that of Trump's. Trump has lied, can do and say embarrassing things and is certainly arrogant. But what happens if we have a strong economy, low unemployment, fixes immigration and medical insurance. I wonder if there are people who believe Petrino should have been fired but can somehow rationalize those same actions from The President. All things being equal, if I can support The President, then why cant I support a football coach with very similar flaws. I'm sure there is a difference that I have missed.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Lowdown on September 17, 2017, 10:56:31 am
I'm not sure if Petrino should have been fired or not. I don't know what the conversation was between he and Long. I look at Bobby's situation as I do that of Trump's. Trump has lied, can do and say embarrassing things and is certainly arrogant. But what happens if we have a strong economy, low unemployment, fixes immigration and medical insurance. I wonder if there are people who believe Petrino should have been fired but can somehow rationalize those same actions from The President. All things being equal, if I can support The President, then why cant I support a football coach with very similar flaws. I'm sure there is a difference that I have missed.
Impeach Bobby!

HouSwine

Quote from: Itoldyousohog on September 15, 2017, 11:05:14 pm
I had a similar conversation with a Louisville fan on the beach in Destin last year.. She said your loss fella.. She was right too.. All hail Mr. Integrity though right.
Mr.Motorcycle's team got their butts beat down last night.

rlreev01

Absolutely incorrect! The man lied to his employer and went around protocol to illegally hire a girlfriend. The AD had no choice but to fire him or have the University face thousands of dollars in lawsuits. I think it's a shame when people speak about things that they have no idea about yet they say it as if it's gospel!

LZH

Quote from: hoghevn on September 15, 2017, 11:14:56 pm
You're not kidding ill informed.  How about sleeping with and giving a job to the least qualified person.  This is just for starters.  What about over paying her and other financial and non-financial benefits?  People are so full of denial thinking that he did nothing wrong regarding the law or the NCAA.   We would have been investigated so fast and found guilty because of what he did, it wouldn't have been funny, and everyone on here would be so mad because we were banned scholarships and bowl appearances just to name a few things.  He brought that on himself, period! 

Hey! You don't know how "qualfied" she was!

HardCore

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 15, 2017, 11:06:12 pm
Alabama fan? Lol of course they wouldn't fire a coach for such...assuming they are winning games. Think if the same happened with Saban they would ride the integrity wagon like we did? Zero chance.

Bingo!  Difference between a winning mentality and a losing one.  JL is the reason for this atrocity and must be held accountable.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Grunt

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 15, 2017, 10:53:30 pm
I live in the Knoxville area now, and was in line with a shopping cart full of mums . I was talking with the woman in front of me about the Vols game against Fla this weekend. Neither  of us had mentioned where we were from.  I said, 'I hope the Vols win this weekend.'  She said, "I am pulling for Fla, they have not doing well the past few years".  "They need a win".  Without out telling her where I am from I said, " a team that needs a win is Arkansas". Her response was, "I don't care if they win or not they brought their situation on themselves".  "They fired one the best coaches in the country for  some personal problems.' "he had not broken any NCAA rules that had gotten the school in trouble".  "I can tell you we would not have fired him". The conversation ended there as it was her turn at the check out. I am not making any comments on our conversation pro or con.   
Was she pretty? She's correct. Firing Petrino was one of the worst mistakes ever made in college football. I guess made JL feel all holy.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

KennyForAD

Quote from: rlreev01 on September 17, 2017, 11:12:27 am
Absolutely incorrect! The man lied to his employer and went around protocol to illegally hire a girlfriend. The AD had no choice but to fire him or have the University face thousands of dollars in lawsuits. I think it's a shame when people speak about things that they have no idea about yet they say it as if it's gospel!

You are full of it.

I've practiced law for 30 years.  1.  He did not expose the UofA to any viable lawsuit. "He did not hire me because he hired his girlfriend" is NOT NOT NOT NOT a valid legal claim.  Got it?   2.  Think about what you just said:  You are correct in that if the fantasy liability did exist, the suits would only be worth a few thousand dollars. THINK about that.   We pay a coach tens of MILLIONS of dollars, but must fire him for fear of being sued for tens of THOUSANDS?

Can you please wake up?  It was a preposterous lie that Long told and its amazing that even a single person could be gullible enough to believe it. 

Grunt

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 12:46:28 pm
You are full of it.

I've practiced law for 30 years.  1.  He did not expose the UofA to any viable lawsuit. "He did not hire me because he hired his girlfriend" is NOT NOT NOT NOT a valid legal claim.  Got it?   2.  Think about what you just said:  You are correct in that if the fantasy liability did exist, the suits would only be worth a few thousand dollars. THINK about that.   We pay a coach tens of MILLIONS of dollars, but must fire him for fear of being sued for tens of THOUSANDS?

Can you please wake up?  It was a preposterous lie that Long told and its amazing that even a single person could be gullible enough to believe it. 
You are correct and holy JL has made my ****list.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Grunt on September 17, 2017, 01:03:43 pm
You are correct and holy JL has made my ****list.

He is a rat fink liar.  Con man.  Plain as day.

hobhog

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 12:46:28 pm
You are full of it.

Good grief man you got it bad.....

GuvHog

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2017, 01:25:32 pm

He may have it bad but he's 100% correct.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

KennyForAD

September 17, 2017, 02:00:09 pm #133 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:10:20 pm by KennyForAD
Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2017, 01:25:32 pm

No doubt.  It irritates me to no end that Long told that outrageous lie and it irritates me more that so many people actually believe it and repeat it.  It is a lie.  Ask any lawyer. 

You cannot sue someone for hiring his girlfriend instead of you.  If you could do that, how many courthouses would we have to build to handle all the suits?  People hire girlfriends and relatives every day.  It is NOT illegal.  It was against the University's own rules, but that does NOT subject the University to liability.  Long knew that very well.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Only two things ever come Out of the mouth of lady Alabama fan. I'm not touching either of them...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tigaman

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 02:00:09 pm
No doubt.  It irritates me to no end that Long told that outrageous lie and it irritates me more that so many people actually believe it and repeat it.  It is a lie.  Ask any lawyer. 

You cannot sue someone for hiring his girlfriend instead of you.  If you could do that, how many courthouses would we have to build to handle all the suits?  People hire girlfriends and relatives every day.  It is NOT illegal.  It was against the University's own rules, but that does NOT subject the University to liability.  Long knew that very well.

It's not even against the University's own rules. There are several husband-wife pairs that teach at the U of A. I'm pretty sure that one of them got hired due to personal bias. We had multiple coaches hire their own family members to work on staff. If it is against the University's rules those hires should never have happened.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Tigaman on September 17, 2017, 02:44:16 pm
It's not even against the University's own rules. There are several husband-wife pairs that teach at the U of A. I'm pretty sure that one of them got hired due to personal bias. We had multiple coaches hire their own family members to work on staff. If it is against the University's rules those hires should never have happened.

You can sue for anything, you may not win, but you can get your target to spend money on attorneys fighting it...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Hog N Bama

Go ahead. Lie to YOUR boss and see how long you keep your job! Geez people!!

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 17, 2017, 03:28:59 pm
Go ahead. Lie to YOUR boss and see how long you keep your job! Geez people!!

Nuts

Dominicanhog

Quote from: rlreev01 on September 17, 2017, 11:12:27 am

How long have you been practicing law, counselor?

MaconBacon

Long was saving his own azz by firing BP. He was too concerned about mutt getting tossed on his shoes more than he was about considering anything else. You can talk about lawsuits directed at the school or whatever, but it was all Long.   Anyone that wants to start aligning Long beyond what he is, just start it here.

Qadi999

First off Bobby P never hired anyone he made a recommendation to the school just like he did for anyone else on his staff.  All coaches get people on their staffs for their own personal reasons and so do all public, state, and federal officials. I know many of Coaches who get friends and family onto their staffs that aren't qualified. I'm even sure that there are many coaches, Publicly elected officials, and bosses that have their sex partners or just woman who they think look hot hired. The only difference between them and Bobby P was their dealings was not made public knowledge. Jeff Long did not like Bobby P and could not control him so he got rid of him and brought in someone he could. And furthermore what person cheating on their spouse would ever willingly admit to it and take the chance of destroying their family, to even expect someone to do that is just dumb.im not saying what he did was right or wrong. I'm saying it was personal and had nothing to do with his job or the performance of his job and its nothing different than any other coach has done or will do.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 16, 2017, 01:25:40 pm
Wow.. can't say that I had seen her before, though I knew she was tall and blonde .. it's a shame she ruined her life and our football team (not by herself, of course)  I bet just before the fall, she had a bright future with her looks and having been a Razorback... how old was she at the time?

Hopefully she has been able to move on.. Bobby has, that's for sure...

It doesn't appear that Jessica's life was "ruined".

She went on to marry her fiancé, Josh Morgan, who is on staff at the University of South Carolina. 

Jessica is on staff at the South Carolina Association of School Administrators.
http://www.scasa.org/content.asp?contentid=193

grayhawg

Quote from: TulsaHawg on September 17, 2017, 09:18:33 pm
It doesn't appear that Jessica's life was "ruined".

She went on to marry her fiancé, Josh Morgan, who is on staff at the University of South Carolina. 

Jessica is on staff at the South Carolina Association of School Administrators.
http://www.scasa.org/content.asp?contentid=193
Yeah there were some who wondered if the two of them were paid to destroy our football program, but who would have wanted to do that?

farfromgroovins

Even if CBP wasn't fired, it's a big assumption to think he would still be here today. Another 1 to 2, maybe 3 years tops. USC, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan would have come calling.

WPS!

The Hogfather

Quote from: birmingHAMette on September 15, 2017, 11:12:22 pm
She seems to have forgotten Alabama fired Mike Price for his escapade with a stripper before he ever coached his first Alabama game.

This!

Hawgphat

I was a staunch BP fan before the PR feces hit the fan.  I have not been a BP fan since that time, and won't fan the flames for his return to Arkansas.  The bearing in that fan has burned out for me, and now has no bearing on my perception of a solution to Hogs fanatics' sorrow.

That's one fan's opinion.  Bielema is blowing it, and fans are losing their cool with him.  I'm one of them.

casken

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 15, 2017, 10:53:30 pm
I live in the Knoxville area now, and was in line with a shopping cart full of mums . I was talking with the woman in front of me about the Vols game against Fla this weekend. Neither  of us had mentioned where we were from.  I said, 'I hope the Vols win this weekend.'  She said, "I am pulling for Fla, they have not doing well the past few years".  "They need a win".  Without out telling her where I am from I said, " a team that needs a win is Arkansas". Her response was, "I don't care if they win or not they brought their situation on themselves".  "They fired one the best coaches in the country for  some personal problems.' "he had not broken any NCAA rules that had gotten the school in trouble".  "I can tell you we would not have fired him". The conversation ended there as it was her turn at the check out. I am not making any comments on our conversation pro or con.   

Forgive the misdirect but I cannot help noticing the irony of an avatar of Quit from Jaws and a "shopping cart full of mums"...sorry that just seems funny.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Hoggie17

Quote from: casken on September 18, 2017, 12:00:14 am
Forgive the misdirect but I cannot help noticing the irony of an avatar of Quit from Jaws and a "shopping cart full of mums"...sorry that just seems funny.
I am a man for all seasons.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RebHog on September 16, 2017, 05:53:21 pm
Cant stand this fkn excuse for the Petrino haters HEY why don't you post bamas record during this 4 year 3 BCS CHAMPIONSHIP span. He's gone that ship has sailed but the haters give him no credit as being the best coach we have had in a long time.

How would you like the credit given?