Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Gottfried

Started by Rock City Razorback, February 14, 2017, 10:32:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock City Razorback

Sources say he's likely out as NC State coach, could be early as this week depending on outcome of UNC game. He's put together a LOT of talent there since he's been hired in 2011, but other coaches are saying his team just doesn't play hard. They've been up and down with him there, and are sliding as of late. Archie Miller (NC State alum) is rumored to be the top candidate, but ESPN article also mentioned that it was UNLIKELY he would take the job. Relative to Hogville, can we please stop mentioning him as a candidate, especially when there's not an opening? If he wouldn't leave to go to an ACC school where he graduated from and that would pay well, NO WAY in Hades he would come here.

Hawg Red

If Miller does not want the NC State job, it's unlikely he'd want to coach at Arkansas. I wonder how hard the Wolfpack goes after Gregg Marshall. Many believe he's waiting for a major job in the Carolinas to open up. Haven't followed too closely but seems Coach K could retire any day now.

Kevin

rumor is miller and the nc state ad do not get along.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LZH

Isn't his name Mark? I thought Mike was an ESPN play-by-play guy.......

bighog2255

Kevin

Quote from: LZH on February 15, 2017, 07:08:45 am
Isn't his name Mark? I thought Mike was an ESPN play-by-play guy.......

mike is mark's uncle
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

revolution

It's hard for me to see this guy roaming the Arkansas sideline.  But it might be good for a few laughs.

BRHogfan

Moderators already trashed a Gottfried thread.

hogwood

Maybe Ted Kapita would transfer here, now that he can play. Haha.

Jackrabbit Hog

Gottfried is a mediocre coach and is a little slimy on top of that.

Sign him!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Tusks

Yeah Frank Martin is getting mentions in another thread.  I really think if you take FM, MG and MA you can throw a blanket over them, they're all the same level coach with similar results.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dwight_K_Shrute

NC State is a bit of a double edged sword.  Conference is good enough you can just be a tad above mediocre and get into the dance on a consistent basis but so loaded you will probably have double digit L's each year.

Herb Sendek didn't get to the dance until year 6 but went 5 in a row before leaving.

Sidney Lowe followed him and never got there in 5 years.

Gottfried made it his first 4 years and even made 2 Sweet 16's  Last year no this year no.

Doubt Martin would go there now that he has momentum at SC.  He can basically recruit the same team, finish anywhere from 2nd to 4th in the SEC each year or 7th to 10th in the ACC.  Kind of like Dabo in reverse, much easier path in the current conference. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razorpimp

Amazing a coach who's been to the NCAA 4 out of 5 years with this year looking bad is being removed....yet our coach is allowed to stay....1 out of 5, and NC St is in a much worse situation than Ark.  ACC >>>>>>> SEC

Jeff Long stinks

HF#1

I would take the results NC State has had over what we have had the last 6 years.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

razorpimp

Quote from: HF#1 on February 15, 2017, 01:55:09 pm
I would take the results NC State has had over what we have had the last 6 years.

Yep their teams the last 6 years would battle Kentucky and Florida every year, where MA's street ball battles 1 out of 6 for top 3 in the league

revolution

Quote from: Kevin on February 15, 2017, 07:49:25 am
mike is mark's uncle

If we hire Mike Gottfried, we wouldn't have to get new buttons.  But his nephew, Mark, would probably be a more popular hire.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: razorpimp on February 15, 2017, 01:54:01 pm
Amazing a coach who's been to the NCAA 4 out of 5 years with this year looking bad is being removed....yet our coach is allowed to stay....1 out of 5, and NC St is in a much worse situation than Ark.  ACC >>>>>>> SEC

Jeff Long stinks
Quit using facts....we have some huggers that just know that CMA is going to get us to the promised land. Of course, they won't state a timeframe
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

husker71

what is the promised land??  everyone has a different opinion on what that is

porkinsons disease

Quote from: husker71 on February 15, 2017, 05:14:52 pm
what is the promised land??  everyone has a different opinion on what that is

Good point. Two trips to the NCAA tourney every decade is acceptable  to some.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011