Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emmit Gooden

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 25, 2017, 06:19:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

farmhawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 12, 2018, 09:32:40 pm
Caldwell has an eye for talent and a good recruiter.
Glad to have this staff.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 11, 2018, 07:06:21 pm
To those who say not even Saban would cull a kid, Darius Philon says: "Hey!" His offer at 'Bama was pulled right before he wanted to sign it.

He was sitting at the table with a 'Bama cap on, and not one from J-Mart like Bohannon's AR hat, then got a call.. "hey kid, how about paying your own way the first year?" or something to that effect.

He wasn't already on the team... C'mon man!? Keep your argument linear at least.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

southeasthog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 11, 2018, 07:06:21 pm
To those who say not even Saban would cull a kid, Darius Philon says: "Hey!" His offer at 'Bama was pulled right before he wanted to sign it.

He was sitting at the table with a 'Bama cap on, and not one from J-Mart like Bohannon's AR hat, then got a call.. "hey kid, how about paying your own way the first year?" or something to that effect.

Not to try to defend Saban but Philon said that is not what happened. He found out a week earlier that Bama wanted him to grayshirt.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/chargers_darius_philon_sets_re.html

Philon said it wasn't an option because his family couldn't afford to enroll him at Alabama for the semester.

He found out about the grayshirt, he said, "like a week before signing day."

"I was the 18th commitment to Alabama, so I felt like I was locked in and everything was said. Then, a week before signing day, you have to change your mind. It was emotional."

"I had sent my papers in to Arkansas way before I was on the stage," Philon said of the day.

King Kong

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 12, 2018, 02:45:07 pm
I didn't say anything about them being "truly dominant". King Kong said they would be a "truly bad" D Line unit if Gooden doesn't come and I said that was ridiculous. Just because some of the players that I listed haven't produced doesn't mean they aren't SEC caliber. Bad coaching also had a lot to do with the poor on field product due to the linemen. Also, the 3-4 experiment caused issues as well. I guarantee you that Caldwell will get the D Line unit right and you will see increased production.

I said "potentially bad" but whatever. If you want to hold the candle for guys who can't play in this league go right ahead

FraggleHog

Quote from: King Kong on January 13, 2018, 06:58:20 am
I said "potentially bad" but whatever. If you want to hold the candle for guys who can't play in this league go right ahead

Agree to disagree. I think we both can come to the conclusion that Caldwell will get more out of our current DL staff and upgrade the position in future recruiting.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

HawgSZN

I read somewhere that said Gooden wasn't a SEC qualifier. Then today he tweets out he had a good talk with Chavis. Now he just tweeted "big news tomorrow at noon". Anyone heard anything that suggests it's good for us?
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

010HogFan

Quote from: HawgSZN on January 31, 2018, 09:44:07 pm
I read somewhere that said Gooden wasn't a SEC qualifier. Then today he tweets out he had a good talk with Chavis. Now he just tweeted "big news tomorrow at noon". Anyone heard anything that suggests it's good for us?

Saw someone say he is releasing his top 3 schools

Pig in the Pokey

His tweets tonight are mostly talking with Sosa and Gerald.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

VirginiaHog

SooieGeneris

Quote from: southeasthog on January 13, 2018, 06:08:58 am
Not to try to defend Saban but Philon said that is not what happened. He found out a week earlier that Bama wanted him to grayshirt.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/chargers_darius_philon_sets_re.html

Well, looks like all of us were given bad info back then. Still, pulling the rug a week before signing day is not all warm and fuzzy either. Saban is trying to project a more grandfatherly image, but he is still ruthless. That's meant as a compliment mostly..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

It's looking like WVU from what I can tell. There are 4 crystal ball picks, 1 to us, 1 to MSU, 1 "foggy" and 1 to a mystery school which you must pay to see.

Above it says: 4 predictions: 25% ARK, 25% MSU, 25% foggy and 25% WVU, so it stands to reason that WVU is the mystery school picked the most recently. I believe he said on twitter recently that he was visiting WVU. It seems like that ship has sailed as far as we are concerned.

There must be something in his transcript that prevents him from enrolling in the SEC right away. Surely someone would take a 300 lb man with his ability as badly as everyone needs DTs if he could qualify without summer school.

Dante Jones of MSU basketball infamy needs to open a business on how Jucos can earn a Doctorate in one summer after passing like 12 hours in the previous 2 years..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 01, 2018, 02:29:40 am
It's looking like WVU from what I can tell. There are 4 crystal ball picks, 1 to us, 1 to MSU, 1 "foggy" and 1 to a mystery school which you must pay to see.

Above it says: 4 predictions: 25% ARK, 25% MSU, 25% foggy and 25% WVU, so it stands to reason that WVU is the mystery school picked the most recently. I believe he said on twitter recently that he was visiting WVU. It seems like that ship has sailed as far as we are concerned.

There must be something in his transcript that prevents him from enrolling in the SEC right away. Surely someone would take a 300 lb man with his ability as badly as everyone needs DTs if he could qualify without summer school.

Dante Jones of MSU basketball infamy needs to open a business on how Jucos can earn a Doctorate in one summer after passing like 12 hours in the previous 2 years..

If true that sucks!!

ricepig

Quote from: HawgSZN on January 31, 2018, 09:44:07 pm

He's announcing where he's eating lunch?

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2018, 07:58:11 am
He's announcing where he's eating lunch?

I heard his top 3 is Chipotle, Whataburger (recent twitter follow) and Zaxby's.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: King Kong on February 01, 2018, 08:05:20 am
I heard his top 3 is Chipotle, Whataburger (recent twitter follow) and Zaxby's.

If he doesn't choose Whataburger over the other two then he's overrated and we don't need him.

SemperHawg

Has Richard weighed in on this recently? 

The_Boot_stops_here

Hopeful Hog

^^That's not a good sign^^

ricepig

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 01, 2018, 10:49:28 am
^^That's not a good sign^^

Signs haven't been good for a while.  Supposedly related to academic requirements, which has become a common occurrence for us when recruiting JUCO's.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2018, 11:00:25 am
Well, it's a gooden sign......

I see what you did there...😂

DuckTalesLOL

Gooden has narrowed down to his top 3, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Arkansas

https://twitter.com/What_A_Star5/status/959124402020503553

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on February 01, 2018, 12:21:55 pm
Gooden has narrowed down to his top 3, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Arkansas

https://twitter.com/What_A_Star5/status/959124402020503553

So you are saying there is a chance

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 01, 2018, 08:32:05 am
If he doesn't choose Whataburger over the other two then he's overrated and we don't need him.
Boom..!  I gained 30 lbs between 5/27/88 and 8/20/88 because of the triple triple with bacon and jalapenos, large fries and medium coke. Back then you could get that monstrosity for $5.00. The location on Plano Rd and Jupiter knew my voice over the drive through speaker...
They just built one In Birmingham and I couldn't finish the thing this time. God had mercy on me.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 01, 2018, 12:48:50 pm
Boom..!  I gained 30 lbs between 5/27/88 and 8/20/88 because of the triple triple with bacon and jalapenos, large fries and medium coke. Back then you could get that monstrosity for $5.00. The location on Plano Rd and Jupiter knew my voice over the drive through speaker...
They just built one In Birmingham and I couldn't finish the thing this time. God had mercy on me.

Ummm no! There's only one real Whattaburger and it's in Russellville.

pghawg1

U r right about that HOPEFUL HOG

BornaHog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 01, 2018, 01:12:21 pm
Ummm no! There's only one real Whattaburger and it's in Russellville.
Used to be for sure, but the last 2 times I have been there, sorely disappointed and after this last one told my wife that it is probably the last time I go there.  Also the last time was just a couple of days ago while I was waiting for a pick up at Honda of Russellville so I am speaking from a current experience. I hate seeing it go downhill because I use to drive out of my way just to go there.
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BornaHog on February 01, 2018, 01:41:04 pm
Used to be for sure, but the last 2 times I have been there, sorely disappointed and after this last one told my wife that it is probably the last time I go there.  Also the last time was just a couple of days ago while I was waiting for a pick up at Honda of Russellville so I am speaking from a current experience. I hate seeing it go downhill because I use to drive out of my way just to go there.

I've started to go to CJ's when I drive thru Russellville.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2018, 02:06:15 pm

That's the right decision.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 01, 2018, 02:10:17 pm
That's the right decision.

Plus I hate driving the narrow 4-lane in front of the college.  Always feels like my side mirrors are about to get sheared off.

HulkHoggin

This is feeling Acolese esque....lol

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: HulkHoggin on February 01, 2018, 02:17:55 pm
This is feeling Acolese esque....lol
Speaking of Vin Acolese...
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: BornaHog on February 01, 2018, 01:41:04 pm

Even if it isn't what it used to be it's still better than that McDonald's wanna be chain.

HogFoo

im not feeling good about Mr Gooden anymore.  Doesn't he have to take a class before he can come to Arkansas?  I was feeling good up until maybe a week ago.  Tenner has came into the picture too.  since that's the original school he picked coming out of HS but didn't qualify for.  The reason I don't have a good feeling anymore is that he is NOT liking any hog fans responses to him on twitter now.  He is liking everyone else's , WV, Tenner, but isn't on any of our fans that I can see.  Ive spoke with him a few times, and he has always liked my tweets, but he isn't now, or anyone else Hog.  So, I can be wrong, but, I don't know.   

Would think since the RB Boyd we just got is his buddy and goes to same juco he did, that that too would help get him to Arkansas.   he had tweeted how he and boyd had had a long talk about coming here and then next day, boyd commits to us.  But anyways.. just a weird feeling since he isn't liking Hog fans tweets that he is Not coming here.. oh well.. if we can get Gerald, it would definitely make up for not getting Gooden!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ricepig

Quote from: HogFoo on February 01, 2018, 05:23:38 pm
im not feeling good about Mr Gooden anymore.  Doesn't he have to take a class before he can come to Arkansas?  I was feeling good up until maybe a week ago.  Tenner has came into the picture too.  since that's the original school he picked coming out of HS but didn't qualify for.  The reason I don't have a good feeling anymore is that he is NOT liking any hog fans responses to him on twitter now.  He is liking everyone else's , WV, Tenner, but isn't on any of our fans that I can see.  Ive spoke with him a few times, and he has always liked my tweets, but he isn't now, or anyone else Hog.  So, I can be wrong, but, I don't know.   

Would think since the RB Boyd we just got is his buddy and goes to same juco he did, that that too would help get him to Arkansas.   he had tweeted how he and boyd had had a long talk about coming here and then next day, boyd commits to us.  But anyways.. just a weird feeling since he isn't liking Hog fans tweets that he is Not coming here.. oh well.. if we can get Gerald, it would definitely make up for not getting Gooden!

We would have to offer Gooden for him to come. The new staff never offered him a scholarship, end of story.

HogFoo

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2018, 05:27:56 pm
We would have to offer Gooden for him to come. The new staff never offered him a scholarship, end of story.
yeah they did, isaw the tweet probably 2-3weeks ago. if they didn't why did chavis call him last night and why did he have us in his 3 he announced today?
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

VirginiaHog

So your saying we have not offered him But are in his top 3? That's impressive!

ricepig

Quote from: HogFoo on February 01, 2018, 05:35:24 pm
yeah they did, isaw the tweet probably 2-3weeks ago. if they didn't why did chavis call him last night and why did he have us in his 3 he announced today?

How do you know Chavis called him, it could have been the other way. I haven't seen a local recruiting guy saying the current staff has offered him.

Three and Snout

No written offer for sure, at least at this time.

farmhawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2018, 02:06:15 pm
Much Better.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HogFoo

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2018, 06:20:07 pm
How do you know Chavis called him, it could have been the other way. I haven't seen a local recruiting guy saying the current staff has offered him.
well the kid himself said it was great hearing from Chavis.  He posted himself that they offered him again a couple weeks ago.  I mean why , if Hogs didn't offer him, or weren't interested in him did he announce them in his top 3?  Im pretty sure i heard Dudley say yesterday he thought Gooden would B a Hog in the end in BOs show.   I guess I'm hearing and seeing things.    If the Hogs weren't interested it'd be silly for him to be posting all this stuff.  Don't ya think?

ricepig

Quote from: HogFoo on February 02, 2018, 02:50:36 am
well the kid himself said it was great hearing from Chavis.  He posted himself that they offered him again a couple weeks ago.  I mean why , if Hogs didn't offer him, or weren't interested in him did he announce them in his top 3?  Im pretty sure i heard Dudley say yesterday he thought Gooden would B a Hog in the end in BOs show.   I guess I'm hearing and seeing things.    If the Hogs weren't interested it'd be silly for him to be posting all this stuff.  Don't ya think?

Kids can post whatever they wish, the schools can't comment on offers to prospective players.

As to the tweet:

"Great talking to @CoachJohnChavis today #WPS"  that doesn't imply who called whom. Anyway, if the staff wants him, I hope we get him, but I don't believe he has an offer.

010HogFan

Quote from: HogFoo on February 01, 2018, 05:23:38 pm

I am seeing where he has liked tons of Hog tweets over the past 24 hours. Not sure what you're looking at.

HogFoo

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 02, 2018, 12:24:09 pm
I am seeing where he has liked tons of Hog tweets over the past 24 hours. Not sure what you're looking at.
well thats good then. Cuz looking at a lot and I didn't see where he had liked any of the Hog fan tweets, of course I also saw where it didn't look like he was liking tenner fans posts either which is good because I believe tenner is our biggest comp for him..   

Which it's weird he supposedly may need a class to get in at Arkansas and yet he may not at Tenner?  Anyways.  Tired of these other conf getting these players and it be because they still need 1 class to get in at Arkansas?  Need to Chang this rule.  Something isn't right!

RaisinHog

The truth

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HogFoo on February 02, 2018, 02:22:08 pm
well thats good then. Cuz looking at a lot and I didn't see where he had liked any of the Hog fan tweets, of course I also saw where it didn't look like he was liking tenner fans posts either which is good because I believe tenner is our biggest comp for him..   

Which it's weird he supposedly may need a class to get in at Arkansas and yet he may not at Tenner?  Anyways.  Tired of these other conf getting these players and it be because they still need 1 class to get in at Arkansas?  Need to Chang this rule.  Something isn't right!

I believe there is a reason he Officially visited WV and not the Vols. Or Fl

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 02, 2018, 06:35:16 pm
I believe there is a reason he Officially visited WV and not the Vols. Or Fl

I heard he's in Knoxville this weekend.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2018, 06:38:06 pm
I heard he's in Knoxville this weekend.

Well then maybe I'm wrong. I guess we will see on signing day

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 02, 2018, 06:40:25 pm
Well then maybe I'm wrong. I guess we will see on signing day
They may sign him and take the risk, who knows? It's going to be interesting hearing from our recruiting guys after NSD and they tell the stories on different guys.

010HogFan

Quote from: HogFoo on February 02, 2018, 02:22:08 pm

Yeah he has been liking tweets from all three schools pretty heavily, can't really tell too much on that front haha.