Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

At least it wasn't a Gator's cap...

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, August 23, 2013, 03:43:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 23, 2013, 03:43:24 pm
No blue at OSU....
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/fox-sports-networks/story/Proper-colors-required-at-Ohio-State-?blockID=932191&feedID=3724
If I were an NFL scout I'd tell tOSU and company I'd wear what ever color I damn well please. We're essentially doing YOUR player(s) a favor by watching and scouting him (them). In turn, you do us the courtesy of keeping your mouth shut about what the heck we want to wear!!!!!

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

SquidBilly

Tick off the scouts and have it get out that the evals for Buckeye players is affected by these antics and watch the negative recruiting begin in full force.

bplease

chuckle. their skin is too thick for you people to even comprehend.
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

SPAL

The girl who wore a gator cap to an Arkansas press conference was stupid. It was mind boggling stupid. It defied logic. But I thought it was overblown and mishandled. It could have been addressed privately if bob had an issue with it...still, I understood his point

This blue thing at Ohio state is silly. There is no point to this. Blue is a color not an emblem of Michigan.

Wildhog

Media is one thing.  Pissing off NFL scouts isn't wise.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 23, 2013, 04:35:27 pm
The girl who wore a gator cap to an Arkansas press conference was stupid. It was mind boggling stupid. It defied logic.

LOL. No doubt.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 23, 2013, 04:07:35 pm
If I were an NFL scout I'd tell tOSU and company I'd wear what ever color I damn well please. We're essentially doing YOUR player(s) a favor by watching and scouting him (them). In turn, you do us the courtesy of keeping your mouth shut about what the heck we want to wear!!!!!

Not only that I would tell any players from there coming to my pro days to not wear OSU garb.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wildhog on August 23, 2013, 04:38:06 pm
Media is one thing.  Pissing off NFL scouts isn't wise.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

redeye

I wonder if ESPN will make a huge deal out of this, like they did with the gator cap and Arkansas.

Hoggish1

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

56Hog

I guess this means the guys with the butterfly nets who standby on the OSU sideline ready to cart Urban off for a long rest someday soon will of course be clad in scarlet and gray
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 23, 2013, 10:02:11 pm
It's pretty simple....arrogance.

Someone needs to report the real story about why he left Florida. As for the official story, I'm not buying it. It doesn't pass the smell test. You don't leave a two-time national championship winning program claiming stress then take another high-pressure job one year later.

I know some of the rumors, and I think those are probably closer to the truth than the official story.

BrokenArrowHogs

So, there are people coming to watch your program and evaluate your players for potential NFL opportunities... which is a great compliment to these players and reflects well on your program the more that are selected to the league... and you piss these guys off and embarrass them cause they have the nerve to perhaps their team "blue" color?  Smart move.  I hope Urban gets all he deserves and more at oSU. 

King TUSKankahamun

Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

immahog

Quote from: redeye on August 23, 2013, 05:45:50 pm
I wonder if ESPN will make a huge deal out of this, like they did with the gator cap and Arkansas.

note a chance
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 23, 2013, 03:43:24 pm
No blue at OSU....
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/fox-sports-networks/story/Proper-colors-required-at-Ohio-State-?blockID=932191&feedID=3724
I can see it now. An official tOSU notice going out to the following NFL teams who have some shade or tint of blue in their team colors that they are NOT to dare offend the Buckeyes by wearing such. The teams include the Colts, Giants, Panthers, Patriots, Bears, Lions, Chargers, Broncos, Texans, Cowboys, Rams and Bills. Sorry, may have left someone else out.

However, to be on the safe sides let's just say that if your team's colors aren't scarlet, grey and white then just don't bother showing up 'cause you're not either worthy and/or welcome. Yeah, that ought to cover all the bases!

HighOntheHog

Quote from: BrokenArrowHogs on August 24, 2013, 11:07:24 am
So, there are people coming to watch your program and evaluate your players for potential NFL opportunities... which is a great compliment to these players and reflects well on your program the more that are selected to the league... and you piss these guys off and embarrass them cause they have the nerve to perhaps their team "blue" color?  Smart move.  I hope Urban gets all he deserves and more at oSU.

You'd think seeing people in NFL gear walking around wouuld be something to encourage. To show players and recruits why they are there, to get an NFL job after college.