Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice for Petrino regarding Joe Adams

Started by dvanatta, September 04, 2011, 07:50:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dvanatta

Get Joe the ball!  The playmaker needs the ball like Florida did with Percy Harvin. 

Put him at tailback, halfback, slotback, wideout, quarterback.... anywhere you can hand it, pitch it, toss it, hike it, pass it to Joe.

Joe need touches!

Thanks for your attention Coach Petrino and good luck.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Rocktownhog

Awesome post! We will ensure this brilliant, groundbreaking idea is passed along to Coach Petrino.
GO HOGS!

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

HOGSWEAT

You realize he took snaps in all of those positions last year right?

Rocktownhog

Quote from: Ar_Hog on September 04, 2011, 07:55:15 pm
I'll make sure to forward him your thoughts in an email... ::)

No need to do this. Petrino has made Hogville his one stop shop for all things Razorback football. His email account is solely for his Twitter and Facebook accounts.
GO HOGS!

hvsupastar

Honestly, I would like to see Joe get some carries at RB just to see how it works out. The man is electric
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Steef

Quote from: hvsupastar on September 04, 2011, 08:01:48 pm
Honestly, I would like to see Joe get some carries at RB just to see how it works out. The man is electric

I've thought that for a while. We did experiment with it last year and it seemed to work. Then it stopped.

The ONLY ONLY ONLY criticism of Joe is...he sometimes drops things BEFORE he starts running with 'em. If we HAND him the ball...that eliminates that problem.

Now, if only we had a shortage of RB's..........

GalaHawg

They must be all stupid idiots running that university athletics... why pay CBP $4 mil a year, when you can hire dvelveeta?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Lol I here cbp is looking to hire an assistant from hogville!
Let's make some waves.

bigdaddyhawg

Yeah, let's give him TONS of touches with the ball in games that don't mean zip.

Great idea!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Calling All Hogs

Watching his moves last night you could argue that Joe has developed to or even beyond the level Percy Harvin was in college.

SquidBilly

Joe would be done by halfway through the season if we used him that much.  Also from where I was sitting there were plenty of other guys, Jarius and Cobi, to name just a couple that certainly showed that they deserve touches.  Jarius had just as many TDs as Joe and it could be argued that his plays were just as spectacular.  That 2nd touchdown catch in the endzone was crazy good.

Ray Zor

Quote from: dvanatta on September 04, 2011, 07:50:33 pm
Get Joe the ball!  The playmaker needs the ball like Florida did with Percy Harvin. 

Put him at tailback, halfback, slotback, wideout, quarterback.... anywhere you can hand it, pitch it, toss it, hike it, pass it to Joe.

Joe need touches!

Thanks Lombardi.

GO HOGS

Grunt

Quote from: dvanatta on September 04, 2011, 07:50:33 pm

Joe need touches!

couldn't agree more
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

McmerleHOG

his quickness on the o-line would be unsurpassed in the nation.
Small is the new huge.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

sickboy

Joe Adams is a player on the Arkansas Razorbacks football team who plays the positions on the field where it make most sense to score how he does when the time and situation is right.

hei5manhog

i don't know if cbp needs advice but joe does need the ball more than 1 catch for 11 yds. of course 2 possessions were negated by the punt returns
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

RAF

My advice to arm chair QBs who think they have some "advice" for Petrino: Just don't.

hawg23

There is a reason this guy has 9 + and hundreds of smites...
"Was like a full crowd scene at the food lines"

RazorRed26

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 04, 2011, 08:23:16 pm
Lol I here cbp is looking to hire an assistant from hogville!
Depending on the pay, I would work for CBP.  I am a lot more passionate about football than my current job.   

Tejano Jawg

The OP's karma-to-smite ratio rivals past Hogville greats like Big Deal. And that, my friends, is quite an accomplishment (no matter the content of his post).
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Rzbakfromwaybak

Last thing CBP needs is advice from a poster on how & when to play Joe Adams.  Believe he scored 2 long touchdowns last night.  Sounds to me like he was in the game at the right time......& right position.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Kato on September 04, 2011, 08:41:41 pm
He should come hear to Hogville to here all the arm chair quarterbacks.
GrammerMod is watching you.  Other guy gets a pass...

rude1

I am sure CBP doesn't understand this. He has always had trouble in his system of getting the ball in the hands of his play makers. Don't know what inspired his motto of "Feed The Studs".

WorfHog

Quote from: GalaHawg on September 04, 2011, 08:17:45 pm
They must be all stupid idiots running that university athletics... why pay CBP $4 mil a year, when you can hire dvelveeta?

Eliminate the middleman completely.  All coaching is done via hogville poll threads.  Should we go for it on forth?  Start Brandon Mitchell against Alabama (actually do we have a backup qb we've never seen take a snap, can we go with him)?  Should we fire Willy? 

ur

Run the Wildjoe. I am watching the Bobby Petrino show right now and the coach needs some help. No rah rah, no singing, wth. He is spitting out all of these offensive and defensive plays like a robot.  He looks like a machine like that baseball player on that espn commercial. oh wait, nevermind.  ;)