Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will be interesting to see starting lineup the next 2 games

Started by JHicks3636, February 17, 2017, 10:39:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Other than the 3 pitchers today, only one other substitution was made by Arkansas  and that was the defensive  replacement of Williams for Shaddy at 2B in the 9th. I would expect to see at least some different faces in the lineup over the next 2 games.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

I look for Cole to go to RF and Arledge to DH in at least one game.

southeasthog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 18, 2017, 03:25:14 am
I look for Cole to go to RF and Arledge to DH in at least one game.
I didn't get to watch the whole game but Arledge made a couple of nice plays in right yesterday.

bulldog04

Cole could go to left and LB DH.  McFarland will be in the lineup at some point.  Could be 3rd, 1st, or DH.  Evan Lee will get some ABs also.  Koch will probably DH or get a day off and Gosser catch.  There is a lot of versatility with this team even with Gates injured.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: southeasthog on February 18, 2017, 07:03:54 am
I didn't get to watch the whole game but Arledge made a couple of nice plays in right yesterday.
Hope you didn't think I was saying Arledge played poorly. It's just that both bats need to be in the line up and both can play RF. I can see some switching back and forth, at least for a while.

tennesseehogwild

How would you say Cole's arm is in comparison to Arledge's?  Also I think Shaddy could get some looks hitting in the 2 hole.

bulldog04

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on February 18, 2017, 10:58:18 am
How would you say Cole's arm is in comparison to Arledge's?  Also I think Shaddy could get some looks hitting in the 2 hole.
I'm watching pregame and Arledge has a good arm just wasn't very accurate.  Cole looked good on the few he made.  Bonfield has the weaker arm but was accurate.

southeasthog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 18, 2017, 09:41:01 am
Hope you didn't think I was saying Arledge played poorly. It's just that both bats need to be in the line up and both can play RF. I can see some switching back and forth, at least for a while.
Oh no, of course not. I was just remarking about Arledge making a couple of plays. I do think we need to get some more bats going. After the first inning it was kind of dead after that.

tennesseehogwild

Hope they don't move Fletcher out of the 5 spot while he is hitting.

dotnet

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on February 18, 2017, 01:02:21 pm
Hope they don't move Fletcher out of the 5 spot while he is hitting.

It doesn't feel like there is any danger of that. 

The only hitter who was talked up that we haven't seen is Evan Lee.  If Biggers really is as good as advertised, the other infielders are going to have to get their reps at 3b/1b. 

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: dotnet on February 18, 2017, 04:16:45 pm
It doesn't feel like there is any danger of that. 

The only hitter who was talked up that we haven't seen is Evan Lee.  If Biggers really is as good as advertised, the other infielders are going to have to get their reps at 3b/1b.

yeah! Heard the announcers throwing around him possibly hitting in the #2 or #3 spot at some point. I hate moving guys when they are hitting well. Especially Freshmen. Some guys like Shaddy or Bonfield it doesn't seem to bother. I guess it really shouldn't affect anyone but sometimes it appears to!