Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 1 THREAD: Arkansas (0-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Miami,Ohio (0-0, 0-0 MAC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 16, 2017, 01:07:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisco Pig

JHicks3636

Mraz in to pitch for Miami, another right hander. Guy is 6' 10"

JHicks3636

PeabodyHawg

Nice day in NWA.   Those of you closer to Fayetteville than I are blessed.....miss that place. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

JHicks3636

Biggers, 0-2 with 2 BB, strikes out swinging on 3 pitches, 2 outs

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

SPAL

February 17, 2017, 05:55:45 pm #257 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:59:57 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Paid attendance is 9443

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0                   Top 9th                              7

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
MiamiO       0  | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |     |  0  |  5  | 1  | 6     
ARK            6  | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |    |     |  7  |  8  | 1  | 9     

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHicks3636

SPAL

JHicks3636

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

HighcountryHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 17, 2017, 05:57:32 pm
Jax biggers speaks 10-12 different languages I'm told.

Polyglots have a serious upper hand in today's economy.  Know a couple people in international business that are polyglots.  Get to rub shoulders with some serious VIPs, travel the entire world, and get paid large sums of money. 

He looks good out on the diamond, but with his language skills he can shoot the moon. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Stone pinch hits for Stephens, grounds out to 2nd, runner moves to 2nd with 2 outs

JHicks3636

Texidor strikes out swinging to end the game

7-0 Arkansas and the losing streak is over

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0                   FINAL                              7

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
MiamiO       0  | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |     |  0  |  6  | 1  | 7     
ARK            6  | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | x |     |  7  |  8  | 1  | 9     

Wisco Pig

JHicks3636

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 17, 2017, 06:06:47 pm
Thanks, JHicks.
Thanks, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S.
Thanks, SPAL.

I enjoyed calling a win. Great pitching from the Hogs today

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

tennesseehogwild

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

Awesome Win HOGS!

Shout out to ARKANSAS for the game thread.

Shout out to JHicks for the PBP

Shout out to sir pigs alot for the commentary from inside the stadium during opening day

and, shout out to WilsonHog for allowing a forum to be entertaining without all the negative name calling, well the things that are against the rules of Hogville.

Hope to see everyone back tomorrow.

Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Thanks for all the help to everyone. Remember that these are interactive threads. Feel free to join in.

PeabodyHawg

:razorback:
Quote from: HighcountryHog on February 17, 2017, 06:01:44 pm
Polyglots have a serious upper hand in today's economy.  Know a couple people in international business that are polyglots.  Get to rub shoulders with some serious VIPs, travel the entire world, and get paid large sums of money. 

He looks good out on the diamond, but with his language skills he can shoot the moon. 
Not to derail this thread... but having a conversational ability in multiple languages is certainly a plus in conducting international business.  Fluency in the language of a particular region will assist in advancing in that said region.

English is the International Business Language and most International Business is conducted in this language.  I've learned this over the last 30+ years.  That said I do wish I was more lingual than I am but I can still order off the menu on 5 continents  without worrying about what I'm being served.

This said ......Good Game Hogs and Great Game Thread as always. :razorback: :razorback:

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

BigBrandonAllenFan

:razorback: Go Hogs!!! :razorback:

Razorbacks#1

And might I add, thanks for all the Hogvillians who participated in the thread and kept it civil, but most importantly, comments directed at the game play, and not fellow posters.

Looking forward to tomorrow for a double dip in the life of a Hog fan!

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LJHOG

Knot2brite

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on February 17, 2017, 06:14:19 pm
:razorback:Not to derail this thread... but having a conversational ability in multiple languages is certainly a plus in conducting international business.  Fluency in the language of a particular region will assist in advancing in that said region.

English is the International Business Language and most International Business is conducted in this language.  I've learned this over the last 30+ years.  That said I do wish I was more lingual than I am but I can still order off the menu on 5 continents  without worrying about what I'm being served.

This said ......Good Game Hogs and Great Game Thread as always. :razorback: :razorback:
I only speak English and bad English ....but I do know how to say Good game Hogs...thanks to all y'all on the thread
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Amityvillehogger

DVH wasn't too happy about the in stadium radar gun being off 4-5 MPH.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Tusks

Not sure if covered but the hogs pitchers walked 0 batters today.  That is AWESOME.  New pitching coach already paying off.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

dotnet

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on February 17, 2017, 07:53:48 pm
DVH wasn't too happy about the in stadium radar gun being off 4-5 MPH.

It was?  What did he say? I can't find an interview/pc posted

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

State of the Hogs: Radar gun, pitching staff hot in opener
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/feb/17/state-hogs-pitching-staff-throws-strikes/

Just to make sure, I jaunted to the seats directly behind home plates to check with professional scouts. They confirmed my suspicions. The scoreboard gun was "hot." Subtract 4-5 mph and you'd have it right, they said.

That was revealed quickly after the game from Arkansas coach Dave Van Horn, a little upset about the poor calibration on the stadium gun. The coaching staff has its own gun in the stands and it was producing the same read as the scouts. Subtract 4-5 mph and you'd have it about right.

Knight threw 46 of 72 pitches for strikes. Relievers Jake Reindl (30 of 44) and Cannon Chadwick (20 of 27) were around the zone, too.

Knight recorded five strikeouts, Reindl added three and Chadwick four. Really, all three were throwing multiple pitches for strikes. Knight was pleased with a new pitch added under Johnson, a cut fast ball.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Dominic Fletcher opens career in style
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/feb/17/dominic-fletcher-opens-career-style/

The freshman center fielder went 2-for-4 with a home run and 2 RBI in the Razorbacks' 7-0 win over Miami (Ohio) on Friday. Fletcher also scored two runs from the five hole in Arkansas' lineup.

SPAL

pigture perfect

No finer fellers than our pbp crew on EI. Thank you so much. Great game. Love throwing shutouts.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"