Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indoor Facility Completed!

Started by ucahogfan, June 12, 2014, 09:54:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

For a full photo gallery, click here - http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?SPSID=30851&SPID=2431&PALBID=1157549&DB_OEM_ID=6100

Is there another program who can match our combination of facilities now?

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

It's sweet!

uca....how does it compare to other SEC schools?
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

ucahogfan

Quote from: Arkiehawg (kingfish0318) on June 12, 2014, 10:17:16 am
uca....how does it compare to other SEC schools?
I don't know of another SEC school that has one off the top of my head.  Nebraska and Wichita State both have one, but ours is currently the best one in the country.

This indoor facility has several functions:

-  First and foremost, it is a definite recruiting tool.  Much like Oregon in football, we need something to set us apart and this does.

-  We will use this facility on a daily basis.  DVH could have infield practice going here while BP was going on at Baum.  He said both Baum and the indoor facility will be used when weather permits.

-  When weather doesn't permit practice on the field, it allows baseball their own facility to hold practice and not lose a crucial day.  This should lead to better fielding early in the year as they will see more fielding practice.

-  When we go to play on crap turf fields like Vandy and K-State, I think the indoor facility has the same surface so we will have a better feel for baserunning and how high the balls will bounce.

booogaga

We already bring in stud signing classes year in and year out. Now we have this. Pretty amazing.

Those trophy cases are kind of funny. Can you imagine all of the trophies indoor track probably has lol. They might want to build a couple more.
GO HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Putting the new facility to good use. Got to be a future Hog in that picture somewhere.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hawgmasta

Thats pretty amazing. It feels good to know most of the major sports have or will have top of the line practice facilities.

ucahogfan

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·   3h   

"Wow, this place is unreal. This is as good as it gets." - Tony Vitello

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·   3h   

"This building has already been a difference maker in recruiting. It's a game changer." - Tony Vitello #WPS

Some video of Vitello meeting with the media:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2014/jun/23/10344/ 

He said the indoor facility is the main reason we beat out Cliff Godwin and Ole Miss for a player recently.  I don't think it is Eric Cole and I'm trying to find out who it is.

WizardofhOgZ

The_Iceman

This also allows the Track and Field to hold their throwing events on site, instead of having to be shuttled up to the Indoor Football Center.

The_Iceman

ucahogfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 25, 2014, 12:19:33 pm
When is this going to happen?
Probably 15-20 years or after a NC when attendance and fan support would be at an all-time high.

I think it would be cool to add a couple of places to eat in both the LCF and RCF area with outdoor patios to eat, drink, and enjoy the game.  It would really make Baum the best place to see a college baseball game.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 25, 2014, 01:38:20 pm
Probably 15-20 years or after a NC when attendance and fan support would be at an all-time high.

I think it would be cool to add a couple of places to eat in both the LCF and RCF area with outdoor patios to eat, drink, and enjoy the game.  It would really make Baum the best place to see a college baseball game.

From what I know, there is a waiting list for luxury boxes. So this expansion really would pay for itself.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 25, 2014, 02:04:01 pm
From what I know, there is a waiting list for luxury boxes. So this expansion really would pay for itself.

There's a long waiting list for football suites too, but that doesn't mean there will be an expansion/building for a while.

ThisTeetsTaken

That Vitello guy is going to be a head coach some day.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ucahogfan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 25, 2014, 05:11:44 pm
That Vitello guy is going to be a head coach some day.
Much like just about every other assistant coach DVH has hired except maybe Jorn and even Jorn has been a manager in the minor leagues while Jorn is one of the top 2-3 pitching coaches in the country.  It says something about what DVH thinks about Jorn when he hires Jorn to be his pitching coach at Arkansas when his pitching coach at Nebraska is basically his right hand man in Rob Childress who is another elite pitching coach.

Vitello is a Mizzou grad and spent 8 years there as an assistant and Mizzou fans want him to be their new HC when Tim Jamieson steps down.  Vitello was an assistant coach there from 2003-2010 and they made a NCAA regional 7 times.  In the 12 other years Jamieson has been HC there, Mizzou has made 2 regionals.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 25, 2014, 01:38:20 pm

I would say within 10 years. I expect them to add on to the football stadium within a 3 years or so. Like Ricepig said there is a waiting list for suites and from the drawings it looks like it will be all suites and club seats so it will make a good amount of money. But I wouldn't expect them to add on to baum until after the football addition is done.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Hope the right field suites are done first so we can see if it's going to effect the wind blowing in from right.

Tusks

where do the baseball players weight train ?  Strength, conditioning, agility etc?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HatfieldEra

Tip o' the hat.  Looks great.

HatfieldEra

Tip o' the hat.  Looks great.

Slugger

Quote from: tusked on June 27, 2014, 07:48:00 pm
where do the baseball players weight train ?  Strength, conditioning, agility etc?

In the Tyson indoor. The old prep area for the runners is now their weight room, and it is a perfect set up for baseball. It is like a mini-Cressey Performance there. Power racks, deadlifting mats, dumbbell racks, kettlebells, warmup area for SMR, specialty bars, plyometrics equipment, a machine or two for dynamic stretching and isolating certain muscle groups, supplement cabinet, and plenty of room for activities.

I've only been in there once, but I was a kid in a candy store. Only wish I could lift there.