Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 03:04:45 pm

Dayton

Started by -Blu, December 17, 2014, 03:16:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Well... This isn't good at all.  Dayton only plays 8 guys and 2 of them have been dismissed from the team.  This was one of our biggest Non-Conference wins, we needed them to have a strong performance in the A10.  Not looking good....

WHIOTV @whiotv  ·  52m 52 minutes ago
BREAKING: Devon Scott and Jalen Robinson have been dismissed from the UD men's basketball team. Coach Archie Miller expected to comment soon

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2014/12/17/1217-northland-grads-dismissed-from-dayton-basketball-team.html

Wisco Pig

According to ESPN, "The departures leave Dayton without any player over 6-foot-6."  A quick look at the team's active roster confirms this.   Yikes.

RazorPiggie

Dayton was no where near the team they were last year anyways.

-Blu

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 17, 2014, 04:00:35 pm
Dayton was no where near the team they were last year anyways.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing that exclusive information with us.

Champs04

We had a big win the other night, right Joe?

-Blu

Quote from: Champs04 on December 17, 2014, 04:31:38 pm

The sad part about your post is, your happy about something that could potential hurt the hogs resume, so you can say "I told you, so to Joe."  Yet, guys like yourself get upset and start crying when posters call you a hater or say that you have an agenda.

So, I guess what your waiting on is a pat on back.  Well here ya go.... Good Job for assuming Dayton would lose 2 of their better players to dismissals, you called that one!  Your a true hog fan!

hogfan10

Well, they did play against Arkansas, right?

Danny J

Quote from: Wisco Pig on December 17, 2014, 03:57:55 pm
According to ESPN, "The departures leave Dayton without any player over 6-foot-6."  A quick look at the team's active roster confirms this.   Yikes.
Yeah....thats bad

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 17, 2014, 04:48:55 pm

Yea that's what I was thinking. If we beat them at their best that should count for something right?

jared72404

Quote from: -Blu on December 17, 2014, 04:45:17 pm
The sad part about your post is, your happy about something that could potential hurt the hogs resume, so you can say "I told you, so to Joe."  Yet, guys like yourself get upset and start crying when posters call you a hater or say that you have an agenda.

So, I guess what your waiting on is a pat on back.  Well here ya go.... Good Job for assuming Dayton would lose 2 of their better players to dismissals, you called that one!  Your a true hog fan!

Well said

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 17, 2014, 04:48:55 pm

Scott  -  33 mins.  -  8 Reb  -  6 pts
Robinson  -  17 mins.  -  1 Reb  -  3 pts

The point the earlier posters were making is this will not do anything but hurt Dayton's RPI going forward.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 17, 2014, 05:15:07 pm
Yea that's what I was thinking. If we beat them at their best that should count for something right?

Not at all.

secfan30

Thank you!!! I've never understood the mentality of "I'd rather be right and my team fail then me be wrong and the team succeed". As a fan I always want what's best for my team.

Kevin

If they start losing, that could hurt us. Archie is a good coach hopefully he can pulls some miracles
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Atlhogfan1

They weren't that great anyway.  Miller will make them better through conference play and they would have still had some success for their conference.  The A10 isn't as good this season.  You can hope the committee looks at the Dayton team the Hogs beat and ignore who SMU and ISU were missing. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Not good.
Gotta hope Iona dominates. Maybe that Dayton win will be big just by namesake alone.

Atlhogfan1

If the Hogs were to play to their capabilities and handle their business as they should and take care of most every SEC team outside of UK and Florida along with the occasional road hiccup, we won't have to worry about these piss ant programs we try to prop up because they have figured out how to play the RPI game.  Iona lost to 4-5 Monmouth after playing the Hogs. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BadHog

We have solid wins in the non-conference with one loss we shouldn't have. But now, Hogs have to take care of business in the SEC and get those elusive road wins.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 17, 2014, 06:59:55 pm
Not good.
Gotta hope Iona dominates. Maybe that Dayton win will be big just by namesake alone.

I'm not sure how much weight the selection committee puts on namesakes.  I'm guessing none.

BadHog

Also, in the same way Dayton loses two players, SMU was without Kennedy this entire non-conference schedule. When he is back, they will be a much tougher team. I don't see how this Dayton issue is going to hurt the Hogs in the long run unless they blow up games they should win in conference play.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BadHog on December 17, 2014, 07:37:21 pm
Also, in the same way Dayton loses two players, SMU was without Kennedy this entire non-conference schedule. When he is back, they will be a much tougher team. I don't see how this Dayton issue is going to hurt the Hogs in the long run unless they blow up games they should win in conference play.

The only way this could possibly impact the Hogs is if Dayton's RPI ends up being low based on their record.  If they lose a lot because of the loss of these players it could have a negative impact on their RPI.  Either way, this was just one game.

KlubhouseKonnected

You are the worst kind of fan.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 17, 2014, 08:21:47 pm
The only way this could possibly impact the Hogs is if Dayton's RPI ends up being low based on their record.  If they lose a lot because of the loss of these players it could have a negative impact on their RPI.  Either way, this was just one game.

RPI doesn't take loss of players into account.  BPI does.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

The_Iceman

Absolute pwnage. +1

hogsanity

I was not excited about the Dayton win, but I do NOT think this news will hurt the Hogs either.

The Hogs were going to have to go 12-6 in the sec to be safely in the ncaat. Had they played last years ooc schedule it would have been the same. Last year they were likely in at 11-7 but could not split their last reg season game and the 1st sect game, but that was fueled by a late season run and 2 wins over KY.

If Dayton loses the rest of their games, and the Hogs go 12-6 in the sec ( assuming they win their last 4 ooc games ) they are in. Go 11-7 and it may be dicey, 10-8 and they are sweating on the bubble.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE