Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M trying again on Aranda

Started by monty hawg, January 03, 2018, 01:32:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

monty hawg

Großer Kriegschwein

That's the end of the road for Orgeron.

He doesn't keep Aranda, he'll be gone by mid season.
This is my non-signature signature.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Yep, they aren't going to get a better DC than that, and will already be looking for an OC.  Never was HC material, just a good ambassador and assistant coach.  He's the one to put his arm around kids when they are down, give them a pat on the back or make them laugh. A great guy to have on your team just not running your team.  He took over a good team at LSU but as they get further away from what Les assembled the W's will trend downward.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ballz2thewall

this news should mean that if there's teeth in the chavis-to-arkansas rumors, something outta be hitting soon.
The rest of the frog.

Sho Nuff

$2 mil for a coordinator?!?!?!?!?  I guess there is no limit to how much A&M can pay their coaches.

trphog

Well shucks, pony up and bring him here

rljjr

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 03, 2018, 01:57:56 pm
$2 mil for a coordinator?!?!?!?!?  I guess there is no limit to how much A&M can pay their coaches.

Throwing good money after bad.

King Kong

First I think Aranda is top 5. However, I'm not sure it will be as easy to change to the 3-4 with A&M's talent as it was for him to do with LSU

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger
‏Verified account @RossDellenger
9h9 hours ago

#LSU DC Dave Aranda's new average salary ($2.5M) is at least more than 80 of the 130 FBS head coaches in America.

It is also $800,000 (47%) more than the next highest paid assistant from this past year.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

netteltonhog

The escalation of salaries has to stop.  2.5 mil for a coordinator? 

The Kig

LSU determined that they literally couldn't afford to lose him.  Hoping it has some sort of HC-in-waiting promise.  If 9-4 gets a coordinator $2.5M, wonder what this means in the arms race for coaching pay for playoff teams.
Poker Porker