Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Typical Razorback road loss. Anderson no fire

Started by Mr. Porkleone, January 02, 2018, 10:21:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

One thing I'll say is Noln would've been ejected. This is for me the typical MA lack of fire. We have sucked for years on road and nothing's changing. We are still a MEDICORE club with MEDICORE coaching

razorbackchamps94

snookybobhog

Boy...all that yelling bout not being ranked! Ugly!

The_Iceman

Dumb. We lost because we didn't get the production from CJ Jones and Barford we usually rely on.

Breems

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 02, 2018, 10:21:48 pm
We have sucked for years on road and nothing's changing.

I agree. Other than this being factually inaccurate, it's spot on.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogsanity

I am not a huge Anderson fan, but really? What is he supposed to do scream and yell and maybe actually make the refs mad at him, plus give up points on technical ft's?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JonClaudeVanHam

If Nolan "would have been ejected" from as many games as you guys claim he would have then he would have been fired after one season here.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

hogsanity

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on January 03, 2018, 10:53:44 am
If Nolan "would have been ejected" from as many games as you guys claim he would have then he would have been fired after one season here.

I may have missed some, but I only remember him getting tossed maybe 3 times in his entire tenure here.

I do remember his teams seemingly always getting called for a ton of fouls, and fans always complaining about it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

code red

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 03, 2018, 10:33:59 am
Dumb. We lost because we didn't get the production from CJ Jones and Barford we usually rely on.
True.  But sometimes you need to win ugly.  Rebounding and defending.  These have been our issues and still continue to cost us games.  Typically we don't body up.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

The_Iceman

January 03, 2018, 03:19:36 pm #9 Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:31:11 pm by The_Iceman
Quote from: code red on January 03, 2018, 01:42:43 pm
True.  But sometimes you need to win ugly.  Rebounding and defending.  These have been our issues and still continue to cost us games.  Typically we don't body up.

No, we don't. So we should stop expecting them to. But, we can expect them to do the things we consistently do well, and better than other teams. When Barford and Jones score a combined 11 points with 0 three pointers...that is why you lost.

HF#1

Lack of aggressiveness and pressure is why we lost. We allowed Mississippi State to do whatever they wanted. Anderson getting ejected or T'd up accomplishes nothing.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

3of5-2

Mike Anderson ain't Nolan Richardson. Nolan was Nolan and Mike is Mike. Every coach has his style, whether you like it or not. Hard to argue that MA isn't the best coach we have had since Nolan.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HF#1 on January 03, 2018, 03:29:19 pm
Lack of aggressiveness and pressure is why we lost. We allowed Mississippi State to do whatever they wanted. Anderson getting ejected or T'd up accomplishes nothing.

They only scored 78 points. We average over 90. Defense did not lose us the game.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 03, 2018, 03:32:04 pm
They only scored 78 points. We average over 90. Defense did not lose us the game.

Yes and no. Hogs defense did not cause turnovers, and that is what feeds the offense. It was just the usual combination of things that normally gets the Hogs beat. Lost the To battle, gave up several offensive boards, fouled too much, and last night even lost the battle of points off fast break and points off turnovers.

HF#1

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 03, 2018, 03:32:04 pm

Sure it did. We got forced into a half court game. We are at our worst in the half court thus the increased fouls. Care to count the number of open threes and uncontested layups they had?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

The_Iceman

Quote from: HF#1 on January 03, 2018, 04:29:56 pm
Sure it did. We got forced into a half court game. We are at our worst in the half court thus the increased fouls. Care to count the number of open threes and uncontested layups they had?

We give up open threes and uncontested layups every game. So why blame a loss on things we do all the time? We don't score 75 all the time (we average over 90) and we usually get more than 11 points and 0 three pointers combined from Barford and Jones (average combined 28 ppg, 40%+ 3pt).

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 03, 2018, 04:39:20 pm
We give up open threes and uncontested layups every game. So why blame a loss on things we do all the time? We don't score 75 all the time (we average over 90) and we usually get more than 11 points and 0 three pointers combined from Barford and Jones (average combined 28 ppg, 40%+ 3pt).

I am blaming on not doing things they have to do to win. Win the turnover battle, win the fast break battle. Last night MSu won both of those.

swineology

Until a player shows up and contributes not named Barford and Macon, this team will struggle on the road. If one of those two are off, count it as a road loss.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2018, 03:35:18 pm
Yes and no. Hogs defense did not cause turnovers, and that is what feeds the offense. It was just the usual combination of things that normally gets the Hogs beat. Lost the To battle, gave up several offensive boards, fouled too much, and last night even lost the battle of points off fast break and points off turnovers.
As well as bricking too many free throws.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2018, 10:55:27 am
I may have missed some, but I only remember him getting tossed maybe 3 times in his entire tenure here.

I do remember his teams seemingly always getting called for a ton of fouls, and fans always complaining about it.
well the rules were different back then.  You could hand check and Nolan's teams would push that to the limit and sometimes the refs would be more stringent than others, but then they changed the hand checking rules and it hurt the effectiveness of Nolan's defensive principles. What had not been a foul all of a sudden was a foul  as far as hand checking was concerned.