Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I had given up...

Started by EconHawg, March 21, 2018, 07:29:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EconHawg

On Loeske making an impact this season.  That was about as good of an outing as you could have asked for (minus the balk).  To anyone who go to watch (I just listened to the game) how did he look?

Pudgepork

I too am always pulling for Loseke to put it all together.   Towards the end of the sec season, his arm will be needed for quality innings.  We saw how the grind wore down the bullpen last year

EconHawg

I know. Thinking back to game 2 against LSU last season, we could always use another 90+ arm out of the bullpen. Plus I like seeing another Okie play well for the hogs.

ricepig

I was in the same frame of mind. He looked good, but they seemed to let some good pitches go by for strikes. He had good velo and a good breaking pitch today. As long as we aren't walking them and throwing a strike on 0-2, I like all of our pitchers.

Rockhawg

I had my fingers crossed today for Loseke, really good outing from him. He has always had outstanding stuff, just needed to throw strikes. WPS

rzrbkman

He was pitching really well. Why was he removed from the game?

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbkman on March 21, 2018, 08:53:57 pm

To give other guys some innings, they needed work, too.

SPAL

Quote from: rzrbkman on March 21, 2018, 08:53:57 pm

These midweek games are for getting guys work. Winning is usually just a secondary byproduct. I'm not sayings we aren't trying to win em all, I'm jjust saying it's not the only reason we play them. Championships are built on weekends, the future is built on midweeks.

rzrbkman

I figured with as many tired/sore arms as there were, save some of those healthy arms for the weekend

ucahogfan

Yeah, the midweek games are to get some mound time for guys who have not had it in a while.  Most of the college baseball guys view midweek games as trivial as it really matters how you do on the weekend.  For a team like Arkansas, it is a banner win for our opponent while we are much more concerned with SEC play.

EconHawg

Today had a lot of positives to it.  Obviously Kjerstad's HRs jump out at you, but Loeske showed something that makes you believe he can be inserted for an out on the weekend. It also gave Rogers a chance to pitch in a non-con game, can't imagine having his first pitch come on a weekend. Bonin and Rutledge both got to knock some rust off and just face more college level batters. SPAL is right, if one of those guys has a clutch moment in SEC play down the road, you've gotta think that days like today helped build that.