Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Myles Mason

Started by Hawgfreak, December 15, 2017, 09:17:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgfreak

I had a long visit with he and his parents at the airport in Birmingham.  Very nice, impressive young man, his parents have raised him right.  It was so interesting listening to the back and forth between he and his mom in regard to when to sign, etc.  His dad told me who the new defensive coordinator is going to be, I'm guessing he got that info from Morris. 

I hope he chooses Ark.   Great kid

GoHogzzGo

So who's it going to be man?  :)
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

nwahogs

jackflash

Can you share who the DC is

masbas3

I'm not sure I believe this, if a bunch of young people knew who the DC hire was going to be it would have already gotten leaked, that's just the way it is.

imtad16

This kid has some good offers. 247 lists offers from Bama, Auburn, Florida State, Louisville, Miss State, and Tennessee. ESPN lists LSU offering as well. 3 Star by 247 and 4 Star by ESPN. Let's sign him up.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

010HogFan

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 09:17:33 am
I had a long visit with he and his parents at the airport in Birmingham.  Very nice, impressive young man, his parents have raised him right.  It was so interesting listening to the back and forth between he and his mom in regard to when to sign, etc.  His dad told me who the new defensive coordinator is going to be, I'm guessing he got that info from Morris. 

Finding it hard to believe that they would be talking back and forth about when and where to sign out loud and in front of random people.

Dropkick

HogHomer

Quote from: masbas3 on December 15, 2017, 10:25:13 am
I'm not sure I believe this, if a bunch of young people knew who the DC hire was going to be it would have already gotten leaked, that's just the way it is.
Especially if dad's of uncommitted recruits are just telling random people they meet.

Hawgfreak

Just landed in Dallas, flight from Birmingham was delayed 30 mins. 
I see now why people hesitate to share information.   It's amazing some would call me a liar just because Myles and his parents sat by me at the gate and we visited and had a very nice conversation. 

I have no idea if ark has its DC.   None.  All I can say is Myles dad point blank told me who the next DC is going to be and that came from the ark staff recruiting Myles.  He said it was part of the pitch since he will play safety.

And no I won't mention the name but once the DC is official I will share the name I was told.   

Hogindasticks

Once the DC is official, your information will be worthless at that time.

moto625

Hawgfreak

My only information is that Myles is a great kid from a wonderful family and he is looking forward to visiting Fay this weekend and that he and his family were told ark has its DC and were given a name.  That's it.  Is he he guy?  I don't know.  Did coach Morris lie or mislead the family in that regard?  I sure hope not.   

HamGrowsOnTrees

I was there guys, I can confirm this. I was the guy driving the airport golfcart they were in.

You can take this to the bank. Next DC is Gruden.

pigiron66

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 01:01:43 pm
My only information is that Myles is a great kid from a wonderful family and he is looking forward to visiting Fay this weekend and that he and his family were told ark has its DC and were given a name.  That's it.  Is he he guy?  I don't know.  Did coach Morris lie or mislead the family in that regard?  I sure hope not.

Since you won't release the name, then tell us what region of the United States he is from or the state. There ya go, problem solved, as your integrity is still intact.

pigiron66

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 15, 2017, 01:10:22 pm
I was there guys, I can confirm this. I was the guy driving the airport golfcart they were in.

You can take this to the bank. Next DC is Gruden.

I can confirm that he was the driver of the cart. I was the gate attendant that let him through.

Hawgfreak

I now remember why I got off hogville for years.  Sharing a story of meeting a recruit and his parents turns in to trolls attacking my integrity.

I am sorry to have shared my story.  Thought it was pretty cool to have met this family and visited with then for like 15 mins before I asked where they were headed and why and then it turned in to my tryikg to sell the ark program.

Sorry for taking y'alls time with my unnecessary info. 

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 01:23:16 pm
I now remember why I got off hogville for years.  Sharing a story of meeting a recruit and his parents turns in to trolls attacking my integrity.

I am sorry to have shared my story.  Thought it was pretty cool to have met this family and visited with then for like 15 mins before I asked where they were headed and why and then it turned in to my tryikg to sell the ark program.

You really expected people to believe you after all the wrong sources we just had through the coaching hire?  You have to be smarter than that.  Even if you named whoever it was the told you, half on here would not believe it and the other half would pretend to believe it so they could tell us how terrible the hire would be.

People arnt upset with you sharing a story... generally people here enjoy those type of stories.  It's when you claim you have info that you can't share that people throw up red flags... and they have every right to do so.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 12:32:06 pm
I see now why people hesitate to share information.   It's amazing some would call me a liar just because Myles and his parents sat by me at the gate and we visited and had a very nice conversation. 

I have no idea if ark has its DC.   None.  All I can say is Myles dad point blank told me who the next DC is going to be and that came from the ark staff recruiting Myles.  He said it was part of the pitch since he will play safety.

And no I won't mention the name but once the DC is official I will share the name I was told. 
Well that's handy.  You will forgive us if we don't quite believe that the players on the team know who the DC is going to be, the recruits know who the DC is going to be, recruits are telling strangers in the airport who the DC is going to be, and yet it hasn't leaked out to the public.

Hogdomer

There was no reason to drop the DC info to share your story except to let everyone know you know.  If you aren't going to share that info, then don't put it in your post.  You knew what was coming.

Hawgfreak

I am not claiming to know anything other than what I posted.  I had a conversation with a family and that's that.  If people think I am making that up then they need to get a life.   
And no matter what trolls say I won't share the details.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 01:38:19 pm
I am not claiming to know anything other than what I posted.  I had a conversation with a family and that's that.  If people think I am making that up then they need to get a life.   

You have 6 posts and I am a troll?   

pigiron66

I mean, I am new here , but I really don't see nor understand the point of your OP. It's a great story and all, but it's like telling an epic joke and stopping at the punch line and telling everyone you will tell them later. There is just no point to it other than to be a drama mama.

Smashmouth2004

I've already told everyone who the DC is! It's going to be Brent Venables and take that to the bank.

Pig in the Pokey

then why even bring it up? a smite count social experiment for your high school class?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

mhuff

I appreciate the story and yes there are a lot of trolls that are dh's on this board. ( dh is not designated hitter.)  You can tell them by their readiness to flock together and create havoc to ruin the board. Don't worry though and keep posting; they won't be here long.

Birminghog

A lot of us are reading without attacking. Hope your info is legit and the DC is a good one. Stay around.

mhuff

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 15, 2017, 01:35:30 pm
Well that's handy.  You will forgive us if we don't quite believe that the players on the team know who the DC is going to be, the recruits know who the DC is going to be, recruits are telling strangers in the airport who the DC is going to be, and yet it hasn't leaked out to the public.

I believe some of our new coaches in the past have told recruits and their parents similar info. If this is not done, the recruit is gone with the wind. I would think if it's a done deal, the new hire might seal the deal with the new recruits . I really don't think false info from our school would endear those recruits or parents to our school.

Oklahawg

Thanks for sharing and ignore the folks who can't take a hint.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

pharm

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2017, 01:54:36 pm
then why even bring it up? a smite count social experiment for your high school class?
I think you might win that smite count

HogHomer

I appreciate you trying to sell Arkansas to the young man and being a good ambassador for the program. But seriously what was the point of saying he told you who the DC was? Knowing you couldn't tell or hint at it, what was the point of that part of the OP? No one has a problem with what you said other than the fact you say you know who the DC is but are unwilling to say anything more. Then why say it at all.

trok24

Freak, this is exactly why i dont post much either.  If you dont, you are a troll. If you do then you are pretty much a liar. Dont take it personal my friend.  Thank you for the post. Most forget they simply hide behind a computer with nothing else to bash or have a measuring contest with everyone else.  They forget they had to be a newbie once upon a time as well. i wouldnt tell them squat either. Have some class people..

Kevin

posting that you talked to the kid and his parents at the airport is great. but to come on here and say they told you who the dc is. that is not cool. it just says look at me.

that is why you are getting blasted.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogfan870

Yeah, add me to the list of people that think that if recruit's fathers were telling people they just met in the airport who our new DC was going to be that it would have leaked already. 

If dad will tell a random guy in the airport, don't you think he would tell parents of other recruits (that are being recruited by our future DC's current school).

Plus it is pretty funny that a recruit's dad will tell a random guy in an airport, but an anonymous internet poster feels the need to keep it confidential. 

greenEGnHAWGS

All I want to know is if you were pleased with the name given?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Pork Ranger

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 15, 2017, 03:13:20 pm
All I want to know is if you were pleased with the name given?

Yep, at least give a vague hint

King Kong

December 15, 2017, 03:39:38 pm #38 Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:00:36 pm by King Kong
Quote from: hogfan870 on December 15, 2017, 02:56:49 pm
Yeah, add me to the list of people that think that if recruit's fathers were telling people they just met in the airport who our new DC was going to be that it would have leaked already. 

If dad will tell a random guy in the airport, don't you think he would tell parents of other recruits (that are being recruited by our future DC's current school).

Plus it is pretty funny that a recruit's dad will tell a random guy in an airport, but an anonymous internet poster feels the need to keep it confidential.

Well, it would get out. However this poster is just to loyal to family he just met.

I mean not loyal enough to not post on Hogville that they told him who the DC is.

But loyal enough not to say the name

Hawgfreak

I apologize to those that mistook my post to be one where I was trying to hint about who the new DC was or to say I am in insider with sources.  I am not and only shared the info to comment on a hog recruit and let y'all know recruits are being told we have a DC. And no one told me to keep it a secret or not repeat what I was told.  I chose not to repeat the name and other things we discussed because I felt it was he right thing to do.   I see where some people would misunderstand and get frustrated.  I get it.  With all he crap we heard about sources and inside info and it seemed no one had any.   Well, I don't either.  I just happened to be the guy this family sat by at the Birmingham airport. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 07:02:44 pm
I apologize to those that mistook my post to be one where I was trying to hint about who the new DC was or to say I am in insider with sources.  I am not and only shared the info to comment on a hog recruit and let y'all know recruits are being told we have a DC. And no one told me to keep it a secret or not repeat what I was told.  I chose not to repeat the name and other things we discussed because I felt it was he right thing to do.   I see where some people would misunderstand and get frustrated.  I get it.  With all he crap we heard about sources and inside info and it seemed no one had any.   Well, I don't either.  I just happened to be the guy this family sat by at the Birmingham airport.
Thanks for sharing , forget about these HV tools! They are just tired of their sisters beating them up every day so they have to lash out at someone.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HogHomer on December 15, 2017, 02:49:10 pm
I appreciate you trying to sell Arkansas to the young man and being a good ambassador for the program. But seriously what was the point of saying he told you who the DC was? Knowing you couldn't tell or hint at it, what was the point of that part of the OP? No one has a problem with what you said other than the fact you say you know who the DC is but are unwilling to say anything more. Then why say it at all.

The point he was making was Morris was telling his defensive recruits that Arkansas has a new DC and his name is who ever and the name would be impressive to them.

HogHomer

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 15, 2017, 08:53:39 pm
The point he was making was Morris was telling his defensive recruits that Arkansas has a new DC and his name is who ever and the name would be impressive to them.
It's just doesn't make sense to me is all. And if it is being told and it's apparently not being told to the parents that they cannot say who it is we would've heard who it was by now.

blu

+1 Hawgfreak - sorry for all the grief you've been given. Thanks for sharing. Hope we land Mason.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

TNhawgfan

Dad obviously has loose lips if he name dropped the new DC, so did you ask him point blank if mason was going to be a hog?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 09:17:33 am

Thanks for the info but.... baiting us on the DC is pretty low in my book. If I was in your situation I would have just said they were told we have a DC and that we would be either happy or pissed about the news. What you have done brother is give us all blue balls just like high school
Bye Felicia

Hogsfan1981

What kinda of humblebrag attention whoring post was that. "I know who the DC is but I'm not telling." IF coach is telling players and I doubt it....then the recruit's dad would be a imbecile to blab it to every stranger he meets on a plane.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Hogdomer on December 15, 2017, 01:35:47 pm
There was no reason to drop the DC info to share your story except to let everyone know you know.  If you aren't going to share that info, then don't put it in your post.  You knew what was coming.
Actually, he posted, not that he knew, but that he was told. Different things. If what he was told turns out to accurate, great; if not, so what?

I, for one, appreciate the notion that CM is on the ball and probably already has someone lined up for DC. Shows he is proactive rather than reactive.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 12:32:06 pm

[/b]

Seems convienent. Not buying any of this...so people know who the new DC is...recruits parents are loosely telling strangers about it at airports, but you can't divulge the info any further...lol. Seems a little screwy.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Deep Shoat

Good grief people.  Stop being twats.

It doesn't matter a lick if he's telling the truth, since he didn't name names.  Believe or ignore at your convenience and stop attacking the guy for posting something interesting.
All Gas, No Brakes!