Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Police release video of Cole Kelly DWI arrest.. REALLY????

Started by synthartist69, November 22, 2017, 12:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:29:02 pm
I agree too. Just as long as it's only Razorback athletes. I'll be contradictory and say I loved it when OU's QB got arrested.

Yes, only Razorbacks.  We have ballgames to win, by god.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BoynamedWooPigSooie

ALWAYS refuse all BAC tests.  Give your attorney a fighting chance.

Blow in the breathalyzer and you screw yourself.  Sure you'll wear the metal bracelets, get your car impounded, lose your license for 6 months and be treated like donkey dung, however, all of that is going to happen anyway if you blow into the breathalyzer.

Refuse all tests, delay, delay, delay.  If you're on the border you want as much time to elapse as possible and like I said you want to give Norwood a chance to find a technicality or a lapse in protocol by the officer.

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Karma on November 22, 2017, 01:22:50 pm
Better to kill recruiting than kill people on the road.

If Kelley was drunk, do you think he should have been arrested?

Sure he should have been arrested but why does a video have to surface to the media? Because some cop pump his chest and show what he did to a 19 year old kid.

hogcards

There may be some not so rosy history.  Wasn't he previously involved in a drive by as a witness when someone was actually shot through a car door in the leg?
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 01:31:49 pm
Sure he should have been arrested but why does a video have to surface to the media? Because some cop pump his chest and show what he did to a 19 year old kid.

I'm sure the video was FOI'd by the media.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 01:11:04 pm
I have no problem with it.  A DUI is one of the most serious offenses out there.

A good friend of mine received one in Kentucky years ago and his mug shot was literally posted in the local paper there.

Don't see a Problem myself. Cole was polite and just went with the officer. Drunk driving is a very bad thing people are killed by drunk drivers over and over. Just don't see anything there to even embarrass Cole other than I guess he was drunk?

Now Barford is a different deal entirely. I never saw the entire story was he with someone who shop lifted? If he wasn't even their he should go after then with everything possible. No excuse. Now if he was with someone who shoplifted? Different deal.

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 01:18:00 pm
cops like to pump their chest everywhere.... most cops are total jerks, can't wait to taze someone or shoot their gun at them. They tazed an 81 year old man the other day with a dangerous pocket knife....OH NO!!! He was a threat!!!! LOL

You don't know many cops I suppose. I know quite a few and guess what, the percentage of D-bag cops are the same as the normal population. People just get upset because they think it's ok to bend the rules for their purposes but if it's someone else that does it, and it causes you some distress, then you'd want them arrested and wonder why the police aren't doing their jobs. 81 year old man with a pocket knife coming at you. What are you going to do? You can talk all the crap you want to but the fact is, you wouldn't be sitting at the computer, thinking with all the time in the world how you'd react, instead you'd react as most anyone and defend yourself. What happens if in the defense, the old man dies? That's ok then isn't it? But if you use the Taser on him, that's enough to put someone in jail. Put yourself in the police officers shoes. You want to go home to your family at the end of every shift. You're certainly going to make sure you protect yourself to make that happen. But putting yourself in another shoes is above the first level of thinking so you may not understand.
"At least we are moral"

hogcards

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 22, 2017, 01:35:48 pm
Don't see a Problem myself. Cole was polite and just went with the officer. Drunk driving is a very bad thing people are killed by drunk drivers over and over. Just don't see anything there to even embarrass Cole other than I guess he was drunk?

Now Barford is a different deal entirely. I never saw the entire story was he with someone who shop lifted? If he wasn't even their he should go after then with everything possible. No excuse. Now if he was with someone who shoplifted? Different deal.

Yes, he was with someone..
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

jneal56

Quote from: TebowHater on November 22, 2017, 01:20:38 pm
JWill's chargers were dropped as I believe he refused all Blood-alcohol testing.

I don't know the specifics about his case but if that were true, then everyone would just refuse everything and all charges would be dropped in those cases that there were no accidents and just a traffic stop.
"At least we are moral"

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:36:05 pm
You don't know many cops I suppose. I know quite a few and guess what, the percentage of D-bag cops are the same as the normal population. People just get upset because they think it's ok to bend the rules for their purposes but if it's someone else that does it, and it causes you some distress, then you'd want them arrested and wonder why the police aren't doing their jobs. 81 year old man with a pocket knife coming at you. What are you going to do? You can talk all the crap you want to but the fact is, you wouldn't be sitting at the computer, thinking with all the time in the world how you'd react, instead you'd react as most anyone and defend yourself. What happens if in the defense, the old man dies? That's ok then isn't it? But if you use the Taser on him, that's enough to put someone in jail. Put yourself in the police officers shoes. You want to go home to your family at the end of every shift. You're certainly going to make sure you protect yourself to make that happen. But putting yourself in another shoes is above the first level of thinking so you may not understand.

This post gave me cancer.

Shut the Frank up.

Wildhog

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 01:32:17 pm
There may be some not so rosy history.  Wasn't he previously involved in a drive by as a witness when someone was actually shot through a car door in the leg?

Yeah, HE was shot.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Potosihog

Quote from: JimDandy on November 22, 2017, 01:16:10 pm
No. Just stop. CK made a mistake that almost everyone makes at some point. Nothing to see here. Move on.

"That almost everyone makes at some point"?  Really?

jneal56

Quote from: Nafunu32 on November 22, 2017, 01:23:36 pm
You can no longer get blood drawn without a warrant. Blood has been removed from the implied consent form. Breath, Miss, or saliva are the only options. It's not the issue with the breathalyzer at this point. The statement that I made is that there are "Stages" of a DWI arrest. First, is seeing a violation. Secondly is finding enough evidence the person is actually impaired. Third is getting them to the BAC to blow. You can't just pull someone over for speeding and say, "Meh, I think you are drunk. Let's tow your car, arrest you, and take you to the jail to see."

HGN is the most telling sign of the SFST. Unfortunately, that can't be shown on video without the use of a camera pointed at their eyes. The other two tests can actually be completed without showing clues, even if someone is drunk, if they have good balance and coordination. ie. athletes.

I think I remember now seeing the video of the nurse in Utah I think that wouldn't draw blood from a passed out drunk person that was brought in by police and she stated exactly that what you said, she has to have consent and since he was passed out he couldn't give consent. The H in space checking for nystagmus, looking for dilated/restricted pupils as well as coordination are the norm as you say and there are others that I've forgotten.
"At least we are moral"

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog Fan...DOH!

Will there ever be a day when the general public knows the difference between "charged" and "guilty"? 

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Potosihog on November 22, 2017, 01:42:19 pm

A DUI is like HPV. If you don't have it, you're doing something wrong.

_Hamlet_

hawganatic

LOL, I wouldn't have known this video was put out if it weren't for this thread.  Now I get to paste the link and send it to other friends.

Thanks for propagating the same thing you started the thread to complain about...

EastexHawg

Quote from: Karma on November 22, 2017, 01:15:31 pm
I don't remember anyone complaining about baker mayfield's video being released.

Or Tiger Woods.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JimDandy on November 22, 2017, 01:44:21 pm

Stroke of wisdom right here.  Who knew.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 01:28:01 pm
If he was drunk, yes. Should the video be posted, not unless you are going to post every video of every person in Fayetteville who was arrested every day or night. That is my only point here, he is singled out because he is a semi local celebrity....

Then go ahead and FOI every DWI arrest every day so that he and others following him will no longer be singled out.
"At least we are moral"

hawganatic

Are you seriously defending drunk driving?  I guess you're fine with all the sexual harrasment/assault charges coming out right now, since everybody seems to be guilty of it at this point...

hogcards

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Karma on November 22, 2017, 01:15:31 pm
I don't remember anyone complaining about baker mayfield's video being released.

Funny you should mention Baker.  I mentioned to some folks at lunch today that CK reminds me a little of Baker for some reason.  And Baker reminds me of a poor man's Johnny Football Manziel.

ricepig

PossumFan

Quote from: Potosihog on November 22, 2017, 01:42:19 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I don't buy this assertion at all.

And I don't have a problem with the video being released either. Like it or not, high-level college football players are celebrities and therefore give up much of the anonymity that the rest of us have. I can't stand to hear celebrities complain about their privacy being violated because they darn sure seek and enjoy the limelight when it suits them. Less privacy is the price you pay for the adulation and, for the pros in sports and entertainment, the big bucks. No sympathy from me.

Malvin

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 01:31:49 pm

They do this to show the public that yes, he was drunk and he got arrested for it.  The problem with celebrity/stars is that there are fans that are hold the players up like a god who can do know wrong and they will blame the police for arrested an 'innocent' man.  I would release it to, drinking and driving is no joking matter, it's not throwing eggs at a house.. it's serious and he could have killed somebody. 

I've said it on these forums a number of times and I'll say it again, we as hog fans/police/coaches have to stop babying these players.       

jneal56

Quote from: JimDandy on November 22, 2017, 01:37:58 pm
This post gave me cancer.

Shut the Frank up.

Oh please don't type me to death with your vicious keyboard demands!!
"At least we are moral"

Potosihog

When you kill some innocent person I hope you find a way to keep your sense of humor.  And I hope you keep it behind bars for the rest of your life.

People amaze me with their stupidity.  Drink if you want, but have the human decency to call a cab.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:29:02 pm
I agree too. Just as long as it's only Razorback athletes. I'll be contradictory and say I loved it when OU's QB got arrested.
Well, that's a yOU problem...

hogginbama

How many of the holier than thou crowd on here ever drank a beer, shot of whiskey or a class of wine while under the age of 21 and drove a vehicle? How many have tied one on under the age of 21, went to bed then got up and drove to work at 8 in the morning. If so, then by the rules you were probably guilty of a DUI. Kelley is under the age of 21 so his legal limit is .02%. For someone about 250 lbs, that is one alcoholic drink. I highly doubt he was leaving a club and going home at 8 am in the morning, which was the time of his arrest. More than likely, he had tied one on, slept wherever he was, got up and was driving home at that time in the morning. Whole different set of rules when looking at the age difference. If you, as a full grown adult can drink a beer, drive and not be drunk by the limit of .08% then why can't a 20 y/o do the same thing since he not drunk by the .08% standards?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Potosihog on November 22, 2017, 01:51:14 pm
When you kill some innocent person I hope you find a way to keep your sense of humor.  And I hope you keep it behind bars for the rest of your life.

People amaze me with their stupidity.  Drink if you want, but have the human decency to call a cab.

Definitely always uber. The point is that, whether you like it or not, most people have been behind the wheel after a cocktail or three. Doesn't mean I endorse that, just means it is what it is. CK made a mistake, let's not throw stones out of the glass house. It's unfortunate? Yes. And equally unfortunate that the Wash Co PD had the audacity to post the video.

hogcards

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 22, 2017, 01:43:45 pm
Will there ever be a day when the general public knows the difference between "charged" and "guilty"?

Nope

Charlie Rose, Roy Moore and John Conyers say hi.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

code red

Quote from: TebowHater on November 22, 2017, 01:02:39 pm
Was wondering this, too. If out of fun, poorly done by FPD.

I do wonder if he is going to get the DWI charges dropped. The cop said "arresting you because you ran up on a curve and I believe you are impaired." I don't think just a "belief of impairment" is provable beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law. He, like JWill, refused a breathalyzer. He had his walking boot on so they certainly can't use any walking tests against him, either.
When you refuse a breathalyzer....it's an automatic DUI in the state I live in.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Porked Tongue

jneal56

Quote from: hogginbama on November 22, 2017, 01:58:35 pm
How many of the holier than thou crowd on here ever drank a beer, shot of whiskey or a class of wine while under the age of 21 and drove a vehicle? How many have tied one on under the age of 21, went to bed then got up and drove to work at 8 in the morning. If so, then by the rules you were probably guilty of a DUI. Kelley is under the age of 21 so his legal limit is .02%. For someone about 250 lbs, that is one alcoholic drink. I highly doubt he was leaving a club and going home at 8 am in the morning, which was the time of his arrest. More than likely, he had tied one on, slept wherever he was, got up and was driving home at that time in the morning. Whole different set of rules when looking at the age difference. If you, as a full grown adult can drink a beer, drive and not be drunk by the limit of .08% then why can't a 20 y/o do the same thing since he not drunk by the .08% standards?

Fact of the matter is, it's illegal to drink under the age of 21. That's the rule man. You can't candy coat it.
"At least we are moral"

porkbellys

Got tired of reading, is he wearing a walking boot thing on his right foot. No way he could do FST.
No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

jneal56

Quote from: JimDandy on November 22, 2017, 01:58:55 pm
Definitely always uber. The point is that, whether you like it or not, most people have been behind the wheel after a cocktail or three. Doesn't mean I endorse that, just means it is what it is. CK made a mistake, let's not throw stones out of the glass house. It's unfortunate? Yes. And equally unfortunate that the Wash Co PD had the audacity to post the video.

Nobody is throwing stones. I really haven't seen anyone really say anything negative other than those who are pissed about the video being shown. Unfortunate that the PD released the video? You obviously have completely ignored that most likely, the media requested it with the FOI. Therefore, they probably had to post it or as someone else stated, posted so that the video was out with the FOI request and they would not have to send it to every outlet that requested it.
"At least we are moral"

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 02:21:32 pm
Nobody is throwing stones. I really haven't seen anyone really say anything negative other than those who are pissed about the video being shown. Unfortunate that the PD released the video? You obviously have completely ignored that most likely, the media requested it with the FOI. Therefore, they probably had to post it or as someone else stated, posted so that the video was out with the FOI request and they would not have to send it to every outlet that requested it.

You don't understand the meaning of the "stones" metaphor.

Most likely and probably aren't word choices commonly associated with "obvious."

Moving on.

Kneph13

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 01:18:00 pm
cops like to pump their chest everywhere.... most cops are total jerks, can't wait to taze someone or shoot their gun at them. They tazed an 81 year old man the other day with a dangerous pocket knife....OH NO!!! He was a threat!!!! LOL

Your ignorance is mind boggling.
There is no Political Correctness in war

buldozer

Looks like a BS arrest to me.... this kid will walk if he hires a decent attorney. Sure hope he doesn't cave a plea on this bogus charge. He didn't blow so he is good to go.

jneal56

Quote from: JimDandy on November 22, 2017, 02:29:12 pm
You don't understand the meaning of the "stones" metaphor.

Most likely and probably aren't word choices commonly associated with "obvious."

Moving on.

I suppose if you recreated your own metaphor for it then yes you are correct I don't understand it.

Soooooo when did I say that Most Likely and Probably are the same as Obvious? Please I'd like to know.
"At least we are moral"

Polecat

Poor kid. Made a really bad choice, allegedly. Hope he learns from it and has a great career
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 02:36:04 pm
I suppose if you recreated your own metaphor for it then yes you are correct I don't understand it.

Soooooo when did I say that Most Likely and Probably are the same as Obvious? Please I'd like to know.

A few years ago I would have dredged up an image of "fail."

Oh, Frank it. For good time sake. An ode to the 2009 internet.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 22, 2017, 03:24:40 pm
These Fayetteville cops sound like some real butt holes.   Is this how they supplement their income by entrapping students and tourist to their fair town.   Oh we have a university so lets screw everyone that comes here....it'll be fun.

Normally I support our police force whatever city they may be in, but this ridicules .

Yeah. Because getting drunk and behind the wheel is the cops fault.

Another retarded millienial.

factchecker

Quote from: AP85 on November 22, 2017, 03:17:52 pm
Kudos. Keep living it up Yankees.

http://katv.com/news/local/report-narrows-down-arkansas-drunkest-city

http://time.com/money/5007840/best-places-to-live-the-south/?xid=homepage

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings/best-places-to-live

vs.

http://www.fox16.com/news/little-rock-ranked-most-dangerous-small-city-in-us/207147492

or

https://www.roadsnacks.net/worst-places-to-live-in-arkansas/

Quote9. Warren
Warren, Arkansas

Home Values: $66,800 (1st worst)
Unemployment Rate: 10.8% (12th worst)
Warren doesn't have it much better, in terms of overall economic outlook. The unemployment rate is at 10.8%, and people average less than $28,938 a year in combined household incomes. Homes stand at $66,800, which is very low, and crime in the worst 10% in Arkansas.

And again, in terms of the overall 'enjoyment' factor, it's not easy to find fun on a Friday night.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS