Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-5 and 5th in the West...Where are we going bowling?

Started by JackTNHogfan, November 26, 2016, 06:08:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTNHogfan

I know it's going to be a crap bowl but curious either way. 

I hope we don't get to beat up on another weak big 12 team.  That's getting boring and giving Bielema/Long a false sense of reality.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Jonteviosk

Who really cares after the last performance against a joke by capt bb mediocre.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

PorkRinds

Youngsta71701

I don't care where we go. As long as we don't play Kansas State again.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

JackTNHogfan

Horse racer

longpig

Is there still a bowl in Shreve's pote, the heinous crime king of bowl towns?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Bubba's Bruisers

Who's a likely matchup in Liberty?  Or Birmingham?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 26, 2016, 06:13:45 pm
Who's a likely matchup in Liberty?  Or Birmingham?
Kansas State in Liberty. Memphis in Birmingcrap.

rhames

Probably music city which is where we probably would have ended up with a win yesterday. 

Still doesn't take away from the dissaapoitnmet
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

We won't go to the Liberty again.

Not 2 years in a row.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

JackTNHogfan

I don't do Twitter but someone tweet or message or whatever Long and tell him to leverage his playoff committee standing and get us a bowl game in Florida, so I can go to it.

Yes, I know we don't deserve it but I'm thinking about myself here.  Plus, I was supposed to go to the bama game but hurricane Matthew cancelled my entire trip, so I'm kind of owed one...

longpig

Quote from: rhames on November 26, 2016, 06:15:06 pm
Probably music city which is where we probably would have ended up with a win yesterday. 

We could still go to Nashville?   ;D

ADavisTheGOAT

Kentucky will probably get the Music City Bowl over us since they got the better conference record.

hogcard1964

This is what's being reported by some. 

longpig

Independence Bowl is more crappy or as crappy as the Texas or Liberty and we haven't been there lately.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: longpig on November 26, 2016, 06:21:51 pm
We could still go to Nashville?   ;D

I hope not.  It'll match us up with a decent Big10 team that will likely be better prepared and better coached.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HamSammich

rhames

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 26, 2016, 06:22:53 pm
This is what's being reported by some. 

Reported? Uh no.

Bowls won't be  assigned by the SEC until next Sunday.

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on November 26, 2016, 06:24:33 pm
Reported? Uh no.

Bowls won't be  assigned by the SEC until next Sunday.

"thought by a lot"

Corrected

Potosihog

I hope it is not against Memphis.  They would score 100 on us.

rhames

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 26, 2016, 06:26:41 pm
"thought by a lot"

Corrected

By who?

Anything is speculation at this point and holds no more water than anything in this thread

longpig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 26, 2016, 06:23:43 pm
I hope not.  It'll match us up with a decent Big10 team that will likely be better prepared and better coached.

I'm not skeered.  We can take them.

rhames

Using an educated guess I would say either Nashville or Houston

Atlhogfan1

November 26, 2016, 06:31:03 pm #28 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 06:50:30 pm by Atlhogfan1
Indy or Birm will be left out unless one gets Vandy due to academics.

Music City. Texas, Belk, Liberty

Outback and Gator in this group but I don't see how they are a possibility. 

AU 8-4 - Outback
LSU 7-4
A&M 8-4
Hogs 7-5
Uga 7-5
UK 7-5
SC 6-5 currently - forgot about them

Assuming Tenn to Sugar and Florida Citrus.

Don't see Hogs or Aggies in Liberty due to recent trips.

Don't see UGa in Belk or Gator. 

I think Hogs likely destinations are Texas  :puke: Belk or Music City (Bielema vs a B1G team matchup)
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogcard1964

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 26, 2016, 06:31:08 pm
It would be iowa.  They'll smoke us.

Exactly who I'm thinking of.  Better team, better coached, better prepared.  They'd handle us.  But I bet it's the marchup TV wants given BB's Iowa connection.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Potosihog on November 26, 2016, 06:27:23 pm
I hope it is not against Memphis.  They would score 100 on us.
Do they have a running qb? Or a qb that throws deep? Or a qb with a pulse? If so, you're probably right
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

rhames

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 26, 2016, 06:31:03 pm
Indy and Birm will be left out unless one gets Vandy due to academics.

Music City. Texas, Belk, Liberty

Outback and Gator in this group but I don't see how they are a possibility. 

AU 8-4 - Outback
LSU 7-4
A&M 8-4
Hogs 7-5
Uga 7-5
UK 7-5

Assuming Tenn to Sugar and Florida Citrus.

Don't see Hogs or Aggies in Liberty due to recent trips.

Don't see UGa in Belk or Gator. 

I think Hogs likely destinations are Texas  :puke: Belk or Music City (Bielema vs a B1G team matchup)

I'm a little more lazy than you are haha.

Locutus_of_Boar

Six SEC teams have better records than Arkansas and two more have better conference records so Arkansas should get the 9th bowl bid out of the SEC:

CFP - Bama
Sugar - Florida
Citrus - Auburn

Group of 6 in order of desireability
Outback - Tennessee
Taxslayer- LSU
Belk- UGa
Texas- A&M
Music-Arkansas  - Normally UK would get the MCB but the SEC will swap UK and Arkansas to avoid a repeat for the Hogs.  Hogs will face Iowa which should give CBB some motivation.
Liberty-Kentucky

Indy - USC
Birmingham - Vandy

Still a few games in play that could shuffle this a bit but I cant see any result that doesn't send Arkansas to Nashville, Memphis or Houston.

HamSammich

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 26, 2016, 06:31:08 pm
It would be iowa.  They'll smoke us.

Well the good news is that they won't go after our all star program building coach after they curb stomp us.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The Kig

Poker Porker

Nosboar Accubond

j-mann

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 26, 2016, 06:45:20 pm
Six SEC teams have better records than Arkansas and two more have better conference records so Arkansas should get the 9th bowl bid out of the SEC:

CFP - Bama
Sugar - Tenn
Citrus - LSU

Outback - AUBURN
Taxslayer- Fla 
Belk- a m
Texas- Ark 
Music-UGA   - .
Liberty-Kentucky

Indy - USC
Birmingham - Vandy

I Red on here on Friday   that the sugar would take Tenn over UF  BECAUSE Fla does not travel well to new orleans  unless  its a tittle Game  Houston bowl aga  Baylor   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

Atlhogfan1

Vandy!

What was Butch thinking going for it?  Mason and Saban only coaches not getting ripped in this conference at some level.

Sugar is screwed.

hobhog

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Hogfan991 on November 26, 2016, 06:08:37 pm
It'll be Liberty or Birmingham.

No Birmingham.  Vandy and USC get to split Birmingham and Shreveport.  Arkansas is almost certainly going to be in one of the western Pool of Six in the Liberty, Music City, or Texas.  Figure the Liberty is out and its likely Muusic City against probably Iowa with A&M getting the Texas and UK getting the Liberty.

3kgthog

Jeff basically said in Friday's pregame that it won't be the Texas Bowl again (win or lose), so that one's out.

TNRazorbacker

Bet Vandy gets Music City now

AirWarren

Go to a bowl. Bitch.
Not go to a bowl. Bitch.
Record above 500. Bitch.
Record below 500. Bitch.

Never won the SEC. Never won a REAL national title.

We should be used to this.

Beavthompson

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 26, 2016, 06:32:31 pm
Exactly who I'm thinking of.  Better team, better coached, better prepared.  They'd handle us.  But I bet it's the marchup TV wants given BB's Iowa connection.
Better coached?? Wow, your drunken than me.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 26, 2016, 10:16:04 pm
Sugar is screwed.

No kidding.  They have to choose from a UT team tht just lost to Vandy. UF who will be coming of 2 losses, Auburn losing 2 of their last 3, or A&M losing 3 of the last 4.

They'll take Tennessee I think.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Beavthompson on November 26, 2016, 10:29:50 pm
Better coached?? Wow, your drunken than me.

Ferentz is a very good coach.  Manages to win a fair amount of games with not a whole lot of talent.  They usually play smart.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 26, 2016, 10:32:37 pm
No kidding.  They have to choose from a UT team tht just lost to Vandy. UF who will be coming of 2 losses, Auburn losing 2 of their last 3, or A&M losing 3 of the last 4.

They'll take Tennessee I think.

Isn't the playoff ranking factored?   

LSU?