Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm on the fence

Started by BrickTwnHog, November 26, 2016, 05:37:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 26, 2016, 08:52:29 pm
Because it's not true.

The SEC that The Crown Emperor of Clowns is a vastly different one.
Remember Clown's passing game?
Remember those hapless Ole Miss and Miss St teams?

Don't let some people's hyperbole sway you.

BB ain't Saban.
He's also not King Clown.

No one has swayed me.  Nutt is inferior to BB.  However, BB certainly has similar traits.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

LZH

Quote from: JOKERHOG on November 26, 2016, 08:26:11 pm
K state after Synder

I would help him pack, but can't see anyone leaving the SECW for the KSU job....

HawgWyld

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 26, 2016, 08:41:46 pm
It wasn't meant as a compliment of BB, but it was definitely a shot at Nutt.  I'm a lean to BB not getting it done here.  Hope to be wrong.
Got it. I detested Nutt, too. I've not much liked Bert since he announced his plan to make the UA a "downhill running" team. We tried that before. Didn't work then and it's not working now.

I hope he turns things around, too, but he still reminds me too much of Nutt. Whether we like it or not, we're stuck with him.

Looking on the bright side, however, I graduated from law school at the UA in 1994 -- the football Hogs are clearly better now than they were when I was in school up there (now, basketball is way down from those glory days, but that's another story). That's not saying much, but at least it's something.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LZH on November 26, 2016, 08:56:45 pm
I would help him pack, but can't see anyone leaving the SECW for the KSU job....

You jumped back across the fence I see.

I'm not there yet.

The offense has been good under him, and except for these last two seasons, the defense has been respectable.

I'm concerned about the OL, but it did improve as the season went along.
Hopefully, there will be improvement over the off-season with 4 of the starting 5 (wishing Ragnow doesn't go early) returning.

What I'm hoping for:

1.  Robb Smith to be replaced with a young, up and comer in the mold of Enos.
2.  Segrest to be replaced with an upgrade.
3.  "Consultants" to be added that are recruiting aces.  Shuffle the staff as necessary to be in line with NCAA rules, especially with regards to student contacting.
4.  A revamp of the strength and conditioning program to emphasize speed, especially on defense.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HawgWyld on November 26, 2016, 08:56:46 pm
Got it. I detested Nutt, too. I've not much liked Bret since he announced his plan to make the UA a "downhill running" team. We tried that before. Didn't work then and it's not working now.

I hope he turns things around, too, but he still reminds me too much of Nutt. Whether we like it or not, we're stuck with him.

Looking on the bright side, however, I graduated from law school at the UA in 1994 -- the football Hogs are clearly better now than they were when I was in school up there (now, basketball is way down from those glory days, but that's another story). That's not saying much, but at least it's something.

BB isn't really like Emperor Clown at all.
BB has a very good passing attack that's used beyond 3rd and 12+ to go.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

TheEnemy

I'm still with CBB but we need to make some personnel changes or win big next year. 

East Clintwood

The fence is too weak to support all of the weight it's carrying.  It will come crashing down.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

LZH

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 26, 2016, 09:36:57 pm
You jumped back across the fence I see.

I'm not there yet.

The offense has been good under him, and except for these last two seasons, the defense has been respectable.

I'm concerned about the OL, but it did improve as the season went along.
Hopefully, there will be improvement over the off-season with 4 of the starting 5 (wishing Ragnow doesn't go early) returning.

What I'm hoping for:

1.  Robb Smith to be replaced with a young, up and comer in the mold of Enos.
2.  Segrest to be replaced with an upgrade.
3.  "Consultants" to be added that are recruiting aces.  Shuffle the staff as necessary to be in line with NCAA rules, especially with regards to student contacting.
4.  A revamp of the strength and conditioning program to emphasize speed, especially on defense.

Ah, I saw what happened the past two Novembers and thought 'maybe he can'.  But whatever confidence in him I scraped up went down the shitter this year.

He quit running his mouth, which was a huge turn-off for me. So I can't say I still dislike him now because I don't.

But he ain't the man....he just isn't. And like him or not we're all stuck with him for another two years.

Sed76

One area where Nutt was far superior to CBB is getting his players hyped up to play. It was a clown show on the sidelines but he didn't just stand there with his mouth wide open and a deer in headlights look. Any other comparisons are definitely debatable.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LZH on November 27, 2016, 02:05:45 pm
Ah, I saw what happened the past two Novembers and thought 'maybe he can'.  But whatever confidence in him I scraped up went down the shitter this year.

He quit running his mouth, which was a huge turn-off for me. So I can't say I still dislike him now because I don't.

But he ain't the man....he just isn't. And like him or not we're all stuck with him for another two years.

Maybe he isn't the guy.

Maybe he is.
As a coach, he's young and still learning.
By most people's assessments, his recruiting is better than what we normally have.
The offense has been fine under him.
The defense has been bad the last two years, so that must be a point of emphasis.

Yes.  BB may not be the guy for the job.  This is true.  However, I think the bad areas are fixable, and at least BB isn't a dumpster fire morally or ethically.  I'm willing to give a guy time when he adapts (see our offense), is a leader to the players, and has an ability to usually field a good team.  Until this year, whenever we got beat, it was usually somewhere in the 4th quarter that the game was decided.

I didn't get on the bandwagon early or easily.  I had to be convinced.
I'm not getting off due to an iffy season with some bad losses.  You can trace every loss to the defense.  The pressure placed on our offense, AA especially, is unfair and immense.

Fix the defense.
Fixes the team.
His response to me:

hawgdavis

Folks the biggest problem with our D is coaching not the players. Give them good coaching with an aggressive scheme and see what happens. We play such passive scheme it looks like prevent. We rarely ever try to get after people. That's what I see , poor coaching and very poor scheme. This is what we get

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 27, 2016, 02:41:36 pm
Folks the biggest problem with our D is coaching not the players. Give them good coaching with an aggressive scheme and see what happens. We play such passive scheme it looks like prevent. We rarely ever try to get after people. That's what I see , poor coaching and very poor scheme. This is what we get

I agree
There is absolutely NO excuse for the Missouri receivers to beat our Dbacks as often as they did....no excuse whatsoever
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 27, 2016, 02:41:36 pm

But we've done it all season, so I'd infer that BB approves.  When stuff like this happens, my first thought is that it's a result of the coaches not trusting the defensive personnel.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

bkjbearcat

I'm not on the fence I don't think BB is the guy. But I also know he'll be here for two more years.

And when BB is gone. I'm not getting my hopes up that a miracle will happen. I don't think Chip Kelly will be fired in SF and will go to Arkansas. I know that the next HC of the Razorbacks will more likely come from the Mountain West, MAC or the American Conference

So get used to these names because one of them might be the next HC of the football team:

CRAIG BOHL
BRYAN HARSIN
SCOTT FROST
WILLIE FRITZ
CHRIS KLIEMAN
Or a retread who will get another shot. BO PELINI
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 27, 2016, 02:44:36 pm
I agree
There is absolutely NO excuse for the Missouri receivers to beat our Dbacks as often as they did....no excuse whatsoever

Couldn't help but be envious of their speed.  All inoculating was I wish we had WR's that could get behind the defense.  Speed.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 27, 2016, 02:45:18 pm
But we've done it all season, so I'd infer that BB approves.  When stuff like this happens, my first thought is that it's a result of the coaches not trusting the defensive personnel.

Go aggressive and let the chips fall.
We give up points on almost every possession anyway.  What's the big deal between the opposing team drinking, dunking, and slashing us down the field vs giving up a long play?

From a recruiting standpoint, it would help to play aggressively also.
What recruit is turned on by being told, "Hey Jimmy.  Just think.  You'll get the opportunity to play prevent, read and react defense, 9 out of every 10 plays.  What fun!"
His response to me:

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 27, 2016, 02:47:17 pm
Couldn't help but be envious of their speed.  All inoculating was I wish we had WR's that could get behind the defense.  Speed.

After the first couple times, I would expect an adjustment ......but it just didn't happen. Missouri kept going deep, and it paid dividends.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 27, 2016, 02:49:57 pm
Go aggressive and let the chips fall.
We give up points on almost every possession anyway.  What's the big deal between the opposing team drinking, dunking, and slashing us down the field vs giving up a long play?

From a recruiting standpoint, it would help to play aggressively also.
What recruit is turned on by being told, "Hey Jimmy.  Just think.  You'll get the opportunity to play prevent, read and react defense, 9 out of every 10 plays.  What fun!"

Completely agree.  Take the chances.

LZH

lutherheggs

The year was unsettling to me. More than any season I can think of since the last couple of years under Nutt.

How do you explain the inability to win 2 games in a row? Those who do not want to blame the coaching will say the Hogs are thin and not SEC quality. Well, even that goes back on the coaches, does it not?

And the FACT that the coaching staff hammered us in pre-season with how great the D was going to be with the best D line in years and 9 returning starters. Okay. Well, they sucked. So that must be on the coaches too, right? Worst defense in decades in fact.

The O line, Bielema's calling card, was pretty bad as well. They replaced 3 starters but given the priority placed on the lines by Bielema, should the Hogs be that thin on the O line? We had a tough time run blocking this year and a VERY tough time pass blocking: look at the beating Allen took all season long. How many hurries, sacks and INT's?

I know nothing other than what I read and saw on TV. But based on that, there is no way there is any silver lining to this disappointing season. If the coaches try to paint this year as a sign of better things to come or not that bad, that is 100% them trying to preserve their jobs.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LZH on November 27, 2016, 04:06:48 pm
Oh mercy.

Out of my entire post (which was a direct response to you btw) that's all you came away with?
SMH
His response to me:

LZH

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 28, 2016, 10:49:27 am
Out of my entire post (which was a direct response to you btw) that's all you came away with?
SMH

That part certainly stood out.

HotlantaHog

I like Bielema about 100 times better than Nutt... when you have to defend a coach as better than Nutt, you know things have sunk kind of low....

We are going to be stuck with Bielema another year or two, and maybe he will reward patience by producing some great teams ... there is no reason to agonize over whether to like him or not... we got him, might as well sit back and enjoy the ride...

lutherheggs

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 28, 2016, 12:43:29 pm
I like Bielema about 100 times better than Nutt... when you have to defend a coach as better than Nutt, you know things have sunk kind of low....

We are going to be stuck with Bielema another year or two, and maybe he will reward patience by producing some great teams ... there is no reason to agonize over whether to like him or not... we got him, might as well sit back and enjoy the ride...
Sounds like the bad advice that a potential rape victim receives from idiots.