Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Froholdt

Started by MS_HogFan, November 26, 2016, 03:30:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MS_HogFan

I was surprised Froholdt came back in the game yesterday. He looked like he was unconscious for at least a little bit.

Has anyone heard anything about that?
SOOIE

PorkRinds

In before someone claims CBB put his life in danger by putting him back in and therefore doesn't care about player safety, making him a huge hypocrite.

Lake City Hog

I'm guessing that you can get knocked out and not concussed. Not the same thing at all.

ckhawgu

He was also completely blown up several times after coming back in the game! He clearly looked like he was not able to perform at 100% after that vicious helmet shot he took to the facemask and chin! We have coaching at it's finest folks from our sidelines folks...

Ex-Trumpet

Someone needs to say it so I will...Froholdt has shown remarkable improvement over where he was in September--even October.

I look for him to be a huge asset on the o-line next year; but, I'm not sure today if he wouldn't have been a bigger asset on the defensive line.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogsgolfpro

Will they attempt to move him back to defense assuming we are able to fill the O line for 2017?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 26, 2016, 04:25:29 pm
Someone needs to say it so I will...Froholdt has shown remarkable improvement over where he was in September--even October.

I look for him to be a huge asset on the o-line next year; but, I'm not sure today if he wouldn't have been a bigger asset on the defensive line.

He will be an anchor on the OL next year.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 26, 2016, 04:05:43 pm
I'm guessing that you can get knocked out and not concussed. Not the same thing at all.

I don't know anything about concussions. Maybe that is the case.

When it happened I thought he was done for the day.
SOOIE

Danny J

Definitely improved...we seem to pull with him quite a bit and he is pretty quick once downfield.

Mr. Prozac

Agreed-- And if you can't see that, you know nothing about OL play.

ballz2thewall

agreed; he's made good on getting better throughout the year. before the injury yesterday, he had his man 10 yards downfield on several occasions. he's come along pretty good.
The rest of the frog.

texhog22

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 26, 2016, 04:26:27 pm
He will be an anchor on the OL next year.
say what????? I have seen him on many occasion, come out of his stance at the snap, put his right hand on fellow linemans shoulder pads like he is helping him with a man that is "blocked" . All the while a defender comes right by him totally untouched.!! FRoholdt is not even engaged in a block. he is just standing there with his hand on his teammates shoulder pad. This happens every game and it happened  Friday too. he cant pass block. He couldnt play D because he got too heavy. This whole defense is SOFT SOFT

texhog22

If BB throws Austin Allen under the bus one more time im done. AA knows that if he doesnt make the play and the drive stalls the D cant stop them, so hes made some bad throws under tremendous pressure. He KNOWS we have to score to win. All year teams have smoked our D in the second half

WorfHog

As many blocks as he misses you'd think we'd be better when he's out. Poor kid, he was a great DE out of HS. This staff bulked him up too much like MANY others. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: texhog22 on November 26, 2016, 07:06:45 pm
If BB throws Austin Allen under the bus one more time im done. AA knows that if he doesnt make the play and the drive stalls the D cant stop them, so hes made some bad throws under tremendous pressure. He KNOWS we have to score to win. All year teams have smoked our D in the second half

How did CBB throw Allen under the bus?

BoarnSupremacy

I thought the OL may have issues when they switched him from DL to OL.

mckinneyhog5

Thank you for saying that..kid has potential and was put in a bad situation. He showed his ability to turn it into a positive.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Josh Goforth

Quote from: MS_HogFan on November 26, 2016, 04:27:34 pm
I don't know anything about concussions. Maybe that is the case.

When it happened I thought he was done for the day.
You get KOed, you get a concussion. Somehow he passed the protocol tests....

PorkRinds

Quote from: Josh Goforth on November 26, 2016, 07:23:32 pm
You get KOed, you get a concussion. Somehow he passed the protocol tests....

Not true. One of the easiest ways to be knocked out is from a hit on the chin.  A hit to the chin isn't likely to cause brain trauma.

hobhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 26, 2016, 07:27:12 pm
Not true. One of the easiest ways to be knocked out is from a hit on the chin.  A hit to the chin isn't likely to cause brain trauma.

Bloody nose too. I don't think he was ever out.

hawgsalot

Quote from: WorfHog on November 26, 2016, 07:08:15 pm
As many blocks as he misses you'd think we'd be better when he's out. Poor kid, he was a great DE out of HS. This staff bulked him up too much like MANY others.

Sorry but your obviously confused he was a 290lb DT in highschool

pigtrino

???  Reference please.  You don't even have to be hit in the head to get a concussion.

pigtrino

I doubt he was ever out if he came back into the game.  That would be a tremendous amount of liability.

Josh Goforth

You get clocked on the chin you are getting a concussion whether you know it or not. The force of your own jaw and teeth pushing up, kind of the whole purpose of a mouth piece to absorb some of that shock. But even with one the force causes the brain to move inside the skull. Same as a direct hit to the crown.

lefty08

Quote from: texhog22 on November 26, 2016, 07:02:42 pm
say what????? I have seen him on many occasion, come out of his stance at the snap, put his right hand on fellow linemans shoulder pads like he is helping him with a man that is "blocked" . All the while a defender comes right by him totally untouched.!! FRoholdt is not even engaged in a block. he is just standing there with his hand on his teammates shoulder pad. This happens every game and it happened  Friday too. he cant pass block. He couldnt play D because he got too heavy. This whole defense is SOFT SOFT

Good observation. That is called passing him off, all the linemen do it, and it's by design.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lefty08

Quote from: Josh Goforth on November 27, 2016, 07:54:45 am
You get clocked on the chin you are getting a concussion whether you know it or not. The force of your own jaw and teeth pushing up, kind of the whole purpose of a mouth piece to absorb some of that shock. But even with one the force causes the brain to move inside the skull. Same as a direct hit to the crown.

LOL
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Josh Goforth on November 27, 2016, 07:54:45 am

Certainly COULD happen.  But as far as your claim that if you get knocked out you have a concussion? I'll need a link to believe you.

hoghappy

Quote from: texhog22 on November 26, 2016, 07:02:42 pm
Quote from: texhog22 on November 26, 2016, 07:06:45 pm
you sir, are being ridiculous.

texhog22

Quote from: lefty08 on November 27, 2016, 07:59:54 am
Good observation. That is called passing him off, all the linemen do it, and it's by design.
Well that technique is stupid! Keep your head on a swivel and block. He needs to stop passing off defensive linemen and linebackers to Austin Allen.

lefty08

Quote from: texhog22 on November 27, 2016, 01:47:50 pm
Well that technique is stupid! Keep your head on a swivel and block. He needs to stop passing off defensive linemen and linebackers to Austin Allen.

It is if you don't understand the scheme, apparently it's worked somewhere before, Anderson continues to use it

MountieDawg

The definition of a concussion is a temporary stoppage of  brain function.  A KO is a temporary stop of brain function.  It doesnt take a blow to the brain just a jar or shaking of the brain. 
SEC!

pfrg999

He tries.. Works hard, was horrible, is now serviceable... reasonable fast outside but gets blown up and beaten alot inside.. Maybe All-SEC but not for a few years..
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

ckhawgu

Froholdt probably should have had a RS year before being thrown into the starting lineup against SEC talented D-Lineman. It was definitely hard to watch at times! I hope he gets those techniques down in the Spring and looks all SEC team worthy next year!