Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonny Weems Thread

Started by aristotle, November 10, 2005, 06:10:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aristotle

Did anyone just see that dunk on sportscenter by sonny weems. Dan Patrick said, "this dunk is from the best juco player in the country on the best juco team in the country ( Fort Smith) according to Street and Smith."

Weems had a high flying dunk over a tall player, I couldn't judge his height from the camcorder but he was tall.

Glad he is coming to the Hill. Already making sportscenter highlights.

bigred7987

whatsshakinbacon

corndo

aristotle

TulsaHogFan

aristotle

Quote from: ScottFaldon on November 10, 2005, 06:24:28 pm
Was that the dunk from the free throw line?

Jonathan Gipson, the foremost media authority on UAFS athletics, told me he saw a video of Weems doing the Jordan/Dr. J take off from the free throw line dunk. But Weems didn't do it during a dunk contest, he did it during a game last weekend.

Yeah, he took off from deep and it was in the middle of a game. Hopefully, they'll show it again tonight.

SultanofSwine

He was a stud on a dang good West Memphis team and apparentally has continued to improve. Hope he does well when he gets here.

BigPapaHawg

Glad to know he's going to be a Razorback!
WOO PIG

urhogdaddi

i see a bright future for this guy on the hill

WPS
Hogs,....Nutt,......Heath,......Polish Sausage

Biggus Piggus

Awesome clip.  Now I am praying that Heath is a complete success.  What a talent he landed in Sonny Weems.  They showed other footage of him on the metro sports channel in KC.
[CENSORED]!

TulsaHogFan

Ok i have a high quality copy of it, i need a webserver to host it on.  If anyone has an idea let me know and i can get it up and running.

aristotle

What about that media.putfile that someone posted the Matt Jones clips on? Will that work?

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on November 10, 2005, 11:11:26 pm
Ok i have a high quality copy of it, i need a webserver to host it on. If anyone has an idea let me know and i can get it up and running.

Get it uploaded yet?

TulsaHogFan

Working now, i will have it done in about 10 mins.  I will then post the link for you.  It was the number 3 play of the day.

HogSportsLover

TulsaHogFan

Here ya go.....

notice the logo i added in bottom right

Click here to watch Weems

razorbackSAX

W O W!!!  Now THAT's something to get excited about!

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

What's the deal with UAFS ("oofus" to some, "Westark" to others)?

They are a 4 year school now in the U of A system. Is the basketball team still considered JUCO? Does that mean he can transfer to UA Fayetteville without waiting out a year?
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

Lando Calrissian

Nice work Tulsa.

Damn, it looks like he took off from a good 2 feet outside of the lane.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

songofthesword

he wasn't the best player on West Memphis' HS Team... he was a Damn, Damn good player, but they had 2 post players, both like 6'8 that were probably better than him at the time, they were both extremely solid.

however, I remember watching him play a number of times as a senior, and I had no idea who he was, didn't even know who he was.. and I told my friend "that kid is going to be a star in college, wherever he goes.. he's so damn smooth, the game comes very easily to him"

And it did.. He wasn't the most polished player on the team, but he just ozzed potential...

I can't believe Marcus Monk gave up basketball.. hell of a basketball player

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: songofthesword on November 11, 2005, 01:29:57 am
he wasn't the best player on West Memphis' HS Team... he was a Damn, Damn good player, but they had 2 post players, both like 6'8 that were probably better than him at the time, they were both extremely solid.

however, I remember watching him play a number of times as a senior, and I had no idea who he was, didn't even know who he was.. and I told my friend "that kid is going to be a star in college, wherever he goes.. he's so damn smooth, the game comes very easily to him"

And it did.. He wasn't the most polished player on the team, but he just ozzed potential...

I can't believe Marcus Monk gave up basketball.. hell of a basketball player

But he's being utilized so well as a receiver!!!

;D

Bacon out...

pioneerbasketball

hawgfan_18

Chief Mac

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on November 11, 2005, 01:06:21 am
Here ya go.....

notice the logo i added in bottom right

Click here to watch Weems

I get audio but no video...HELP!!  :-(

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Beaverfever

It will be on Espn at like 7:58 or 7:59 right before the show starts over on the top 10 plays...Its number 3 i think.

Hawgdawgrain

Is there a direct link you can just download it from?

Snoop Hoggy Hog

hogsanity

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on November 11, 2005, 01:13:39 am

They are a 4 year school now in the U of A system. Is the basketball team still considered JUCO? Does that mean he can transfer to UA Fayetteville without waiting out a year?

SOme funky deal they made that allowed the to get around various rules so that there would not be anohter 4 yr ATHLETEICS school in the system.  How they did ti i cant remeber, all I know is i thought it was bogus then and I still do, but they knew how to do it, and it is legal, cleared by the JUCO and NCAA so thats it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorback53

I saw it and it was a mad dunk....the Hogs basketball future looks really good right now....now only if we can get on track in football...

TulsaHogFan

Windows Media players should play it, but you have to make sure you have the correct codec.  I need to figure out which codec i compressed it in.  I will post step by step instructions here in a few

ThunderHog

I saw Sonny play several times in high school.  He is long and athletic...the type of player that would flourish in Nolan's system.  From what I have seen of Stan's coaching, I am concerned that he will waste a guy like Sonny.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 11, 2005, 06:37:11 am
Quote from: pioneerbasketball on November 11, 2005, 06:07:58 am
I got audio but no video :(

Me too :'(

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Download the xvid codec for Microsoft Windows.  That should clear it up.  I got this computer playing it fine. 

Hawgdawgrain

Hey Tulsa,

I can't play the video because I can't even access the site...not a codec prob here...

Could you e-mail it to me?

I e-mailed you at your hotmail address...

Dude...that would be much appreciated!

hogfan98

i'm glad to have sonny, but i wouldn't judge a guys talent based on how high he can jump.  olu, brandon dean, and teddy gibson are the best dunkers to wear an arkansas uniform and they didn't save anything.

Red40

HogFather

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on November 11, 2005, 01:13:39 am

The athletics are only two year programs like JUCO and players will receive Associate degree's, like all other JUCO's. 

GorillaJMonsoon

If i remember correctly, Dean helped us win the sectourney-the only one we've won. he didnt back down to anyone.

hawkeyefan17

I saw the Sonny Weems dunk on Sportscenter. What an awesome dunk. When they said something along the lines of "This is from the number one player on the number one JUCO team in the nation according to Street and Smith's magazine" I knew they were talking about UA-Fort Smith and then they said the player was Sonny Weems and that he is going to Arkansas. I thought, cool, but it bothered me that they did not mention UA-Fort Smith anywhere while talking about Weem's and the dunk.

I would have been a nice plug for the UA-Fort Smith program. Just the fact that the clip was played on sportscenter is a great plug in itself but I find it unfortunate that the name of the school Weems attends was not mentioned.

But regardless, it was an awesome dunk and it was cool to see it on sportscenter.

aristotle

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on November 11, 2005, 11:16:07 am
I saw the Sonny Weems dunk on Sportscenter. What an awesome dunk. When they said something along the lines of "This is from the number one player on the number one JUCO team in the nation according to Street and Smith's magazine" I knew they were talking about UA-Fort Smith and then they said the player was Sonny Weems and that he is going to Arkansas. I thought, cool, but it bothered me that they did not mention UA-Fort Smith anywhere while talking about Weem's and the dunk.

I would have been a nice plug for the UA-Fort Smith program. Just the fact that the clip was played on sportscenter is a great plug in itself but I find it unfortunate that the name of the school Weems attends was not mentioned.

But regardless, it was an awesome dunk and it was cool to see it on sportscenter.

On the 5:00 edition they said what you posted. On the late edition, they mentioned UAFS and it made #3 on their top 10 of the day.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Hawgdawgrain on November 11, 2005, 10:39:14 am
Hey Tulsa,

I can't play the video because I can't even access the site...not a codec prob here...

Could you e-mail it to me?

I e-mailed you at your hotmail address...

Dude...that would be much appreciated!
When i get home i can definatly email it to you.  Let me get to my house later tonight and i will take care of it.  Try clicking on the link a few times as it took me a few to get up and running.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: aristotle on November 11, 2005, 11:17:31 am
Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on November 11, 2005, 11:16:07 am

On the 5:00 edition they said what you posted. On the late edition, they mentioned UAFS and it made #3 on their top 10 of the day.

Yea on the late edition they left out a few things.  Had to cut time to get in more football footage,

hawkeyefan17

aristotle,

I did not get to see the late edition of sportscenter that night. Thanks for letting me know.

HogHillbilly

I got the Mcfadden run to work but the Weems video didn't work TulsaHogFan............Any suggestions ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on November 11, 2005, 10:19:29 am
Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 11, 2005, 06:37:11 am
Quote from: pioneerbasketball on November 11, 2005, 06:07:58 am
I got audio but no video :(

Me too :'(

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Download the xvid codec for Microsoft Windows. That should clear it up. I got this computer playing it fine.

Try that.  Its a compression file just install the windows one.  It will allow you to watch xvid compressed movies.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 11, 2005, 12:00:56 pm
I got the Mcfadden run to work but the Weems video didn't work TulsaHogFan............Any suggestions ?

Yea the xvid codec will fix that.  The Mcfadden clip is 100% trash, as i have a MUCH better copy of it, but the dang thing is 17 mgs long.  I have to get Windows Media Player to compress it to under 10 megs to host it on putfile.

HogHillbilly

Still nothing man. For some reason the Mcfadden run is all I can watch..............Thanks though..............
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

TulsaHogFan

Hmmm, i will see what i can do.  What error does it give you?

aristotle

I can get audio sometimes, and it closes out browser with error the other times.

Of course I can only get it to play in Real Media.

TulsaHogFan

Its due to it being an AVI, let me see if i can convert it later tonight, only problem is the Windows Media Encoder takes FOREVER to encode.