Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 coach option is....

Started by PEtrader, November 06, 2017, 03:13:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PEtrader

Chip Kelly,  And its from the horses mouth.

Not sure of anything else
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

ricepig

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: PEtrader on November 06, 2017, 03:13:01 pm

Your second statement is probably more likely to be true than your first.

jgcat4

I have a horse. He doesn't say much though
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Razorbackers

Rocket23

Not sure if Chip can do it without Willie Lyles and Phil Knight feeding him recruits.

ricepig

Will Peavey transfer back if so?

Roctavious

Yeah I'm sure a coach with NCAA sanctions and show cause, that had never built a program, has no ties to anywhere but the left and right side of the country, and admittedly hates to recruit, is the #1 option . . .

The Pulse

Quote from: Roctavious on November 06, 2017, 03:27:53 pm
Yeah I'm sure a coach with NCAA sanctions and show cause, that had never built a program, has no ties to anywhere but the left and right side of the country, and admittedly hates to recruit, is the #1 option . . .

his show cause was like for 18 months. should be over by now.

Roctavious

Quote from: The Pulse on November 06, 2017, 03:32:12 pm
his show cause was like for 18 months. should be over by now.

I understand that, but he's HAD one which means he's been in trouble with the NCAA in the past which will keep him from consideration. As should the other things I stated.

Cinco de Hogo

I can't figure this one, is this a fire Long or keep Long thread.

I mean it's obviously a fire BB thread.

1highhog

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on November 06, 2017, 03:24:13 pm
Your second statement is probably more likely to be true than your first.

Agreed.

zebradynasty

Kelly is a speed freak not sure if he can get those type of players in numbers to come here. If it's true he doesn't like to recruit....not sure why he'd be #1. Plus Arkansas has become a career killer for head coaches so if his is already on shaky ground not sure why he would come here. 

Roctavious

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 06, 2017, 03:35:52 pm
I can't figure this one, is this a fire Long or keep Long thread.

I mean it's obviously a fire BB thread.

It'a a fire Long, hire Kelly, re-transfer Peavey thread. In other words, it's a complete conjecture BS thread.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 06, 2017, 03:37:07 pm
Kelly is a speed freak not sure if he can get those type of players in numbers to come here. If it's true he doesn't like to recruit....not sure why he'd be #1. Plus Arkansas has become a career killer for head coaches so if his is already on shaky ground not sure why he would come here. 

It could be that he wants to clean up and rebuild his reputation since the U of A is known for running a clean football program.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razorbackfaninar

Not that this matters since this isn't a real possibility any way, but I'm pretty sure Kelly can't coach in the SEC with out the express approval of the Commissioner since he has had a show cause.  The commissioner has the authority to nix his hiring at his discretion.   

Youngsta71701

And who is the horse?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hoggusamoungus

GuvHog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 06, 2017, 03:42:27 pm
Not that this matters since this isn't a real possibility any way, but I'm pretty sure Kelly can't coach in the SEC with out the express approval of the Commissioner since he has had a show cause.  The commissioner has the authority to nix his hiring at his discretion.   

I don't think the SEC Commissioner has that much authority.

tbhogfan

Go Hogs!

King Kong

Yeah. But he won't

Calling All Hogs

Not sure who the horses mouth is suppose to be. If you had said the other end of the horse I would assume you are talking about Jeff.

BoogaHog

BoogaHog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 06, 2017, 03:47:44 pm
Not sure who the horses mouth is suppose to be. If you had said the other end of the horse I would assume you are talking about Jeff.

He said the horse's mouth, not the.....well, nevermind.

The Hawg Marshal

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/report-sec-bylaw-prevent-chip-kelly-coaching-conference

zerose

I'm no genius, but if I was a class A jerk and I wanted to root people out I would purposefully seed wrong names to select individuals to figure out who was the one who was leaking the info.
Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on November 06, 2017, 03:41:41 pm
It could be that he wants to clean up and rebuild his reputation since the U of A is known for running a clean football program.

Unfortunately, college football is so beyond clean program vs winning program. Because of his winning record and the money he brought in to Oregon Kelly has options some much better than Arkansas.

Hoggish1

Are you sure you have the right end, there...

LZH

I know we basically 'lost' the game Saturday for all intents and purposes, but for the score. But can you imagine how little fun we would be having throwing stuff like this around if we had actually not scored that last TD?

Tusks

So Jeff Long's only regret as AD at AR is hiring, not firing, but hiring BP and now he's going after CK?

Don't make sense.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 06, 2017, 03:58:14 pm
Are you sure you have the right end, there...

I have known Muleriders to get mixed up on their norths and Souths.

Razorbackers

GuvHog

Quote from: tusked on November 06, 2017, 04:07:49 pm
So Jeff Long's only regret as AD at AR is hiring, not firing, but hiring BP and now he's going after CK?

Don't make sense.

What makes you think Jeff Long has anything to say about it??

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

PEtrader

Lol,  and you idiots wonder why no one brings real info on here anymore.  Take it or leave it,  but it's real as far as #1 on the board.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

dc10x5555

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 06, 2017, 03:27:19 pm
Not sure if Chip can do it without Willie Lyles and Phil Knight feeding him recruit     GUS.....bring him home

dc10x5555

Roctavious

Quote from: PEtrader on November 06, 2017, 04:17:40 pm
Lol,  and you idiots wonder why no one brings real info on here anymore.  Take it or leave it,  but it's real as far as #1 on the board.

Because no one on here HAS any info . . .

phadedhawg

I'd be stunned if we reeled in Chip. 

GuvHog

I sure wouldn't complain if Kelly gets the job, he'd be a darn site better than Bret.

The Hawg Marshal

Serious question. Who's board?

St. Hogustine

I heard that Shabazz is on his way to the hill from DFW with three new running backs and a pipeline of recruiting connections into Texas.

That's 100% fake news, but whatever turns out to be the truth will be almost as bizarre...

rogersvillemohog

Ah, yes the old, "I just said he was the number one target, not the guy getting the job" post. My sources tell me that if Saban wants the Arkansas job, we'll give it to him. Lol
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

phadedhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on November 06, 2017, 04:25:53 pm
I sure wouldn't complain if Kelly gets the job, he'd be a darn site better than Bret.

That's not really narrowing it down much.  We could let Kelley be OC and Ramirez be DC and probably fair better than we have with our current coaching staff

The_Iceman

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 06, 2017, 04:38:27 pm
These threads are so stupid.

What's stupid is the way some are treating the poster who brought some information to the board.

TexHog188

Just hire Art Briles. Establish a campus curfew for all females, and then recruit thug players. We'll be winning in no time.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on November 06, 2017, 03:41:41 pm

If lucifer himself told you he wanted to clean up his reputation and even winked while saying it you'd believe him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Drop the Mike

I know one our biggest game day sponsors is kettle cooked chips...

PEtrader

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 04:28:16 pm
Serious question. Who's board?

I am not going to say,  but it was multiple people who are doing the hiring in the conversation.