Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hiring a "Professional AD" ... How stupid can you be?

Started by KennyForAD, November 08, 2017, 12:09:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Long will be gone soon, and that the Lord for that!  As for the next AD, The DUMBEST thing you can do is go look for another 'professional AD' or a 'businessman.'   The first order of 'business' for an AD is managing COACHES.  You need someone with experience in the business he's running.  A retired coach makes a lot of sense.   A retired coach knows the business, and he knows the coaching community.  Barry Alvarez is perfect at Wisconsin.  Broyles was perfect here.   Etc. etc.  Ken Hatfield would have been a wonderful AD, but I think he's probably a little too old.   Someone like that, he's all you need.   The 'business' side of being AD takes care of ITSELF.  The AD has a staff of lawyers, accountants, 'business men,' etc.   The business aspect of being AD is a SIMPLE job that ANYONE can do.  Managing coaches is the tricky part.
There are only three requirements:

Get someone who KNOWS coaching and who LOVES Arkansas and has INTEGRITY.

The reason Jeff Long is such a horrific failure is that he knows NOTHING about coaching, he cares NOTHING for Arkansas, and he has NO integrity whatsoever.   

Seebs

Seriously - concern yourself with family or binge watch a show.  This is stale by now and I think you are beginning to realize it.  If not - you have no self-awareness abilities.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Ghost Writer in the Sty

If Long is truly gone................Tommy Tubberville would be excellent based on your post.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 12:11:14 pm
Seriously - concern yourself with family or binge watch a show.  This is stale by now and I think you are beginning to realize it.  If not - you have no self-awareness abilities.

Go back to Pittsburgh

ipigsooie

Quote from: Ghost Writer in the Sty on November 08, 2017, 12:11:40 pm
If Long is truly gone................Tommy Tubberville would be excellent based on your post.

I could get down with this.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Ghost Writer in the Sty on November 08, 2017, 12:11:40 pm

I don't know, but I would say that he is qualified to apply for the job.

SPAL

Everyday I feel sorry for certain people on here. I've noticed this guy several times and my heart is heavy for him. I'm not sure his situation, but he could use our support.

EastexHawg

The only reason anyone on this board or in the fan base supports Long is because he chaired a committee and that impresses them.  Never mind the fact that he has overseen the decline of the big two Arkansas sports to their lowest combined level in at least 50 years.

The man's sole claim to fame is that he fired Bobby Petrino.  That's it.  Other than that, he has done nothing that 500 other people couldn't have done in the same position.  The SEC money would have been there if Mr. Drysdale from the Beverly Hillbillies was the AD.  Hell...for that matter it would have still rolled in if Jethro had gotten the job.

Razorbackers

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 12:09:24 pm
Long will be gone soon, and that the Lord for that!  As for the next AD, The DUMBEST thing you can do is go look for another 'professional AD' or a 'businessman.'   The first order of 'business' for an AD is managing COACHES.  You need someone with experience in the business he's running.  A retired coach makes a lot of sense.   A retired coach knows the business, and he knows the coaching community.  Barry Alvarez is perfect at Wisconsin.  Broyles was perfect here.   Etc. etc.  Ken Hatfield would have been a wonderful AD, but I think he's probably a little too old.   Someone like that, he's all you need.   The 'business' side of being AD takes care of ITSELF.  The AD has a staff of lawyers, accountants, 'business men,' etc.   The business aspect of being AD is a SIMPLE job that ANYONE can do.  Managing coaches is the tricky part.

The reason Jeff Long is such a horrific failure is that he knows NOTHING about coaching, he cares NOTHING for Arkansas, and he has NO integrity whatsoever.   

YOU MADE THIS SAME POST IN ANOTHER THREAD THEN STARTED A THREAD FOR THE POST YOU JUST MADE WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS

KennyForAD

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 08, 2017, 12:14:11 pm
Everyday I feel sorry for certain people on here. I've noticed this guy several times and my heart is heavy for him. I'm not sure his situation, but he could use our support.

Thank you.  I'm just fine.   Go back to Pittsburgh.

phadedhawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 08, 2017, 12:14:47 pm
The only reason anyone on this board or in the fan base supports Long is because he chaired a committee and that impresses them.  Never mind the fact that he has overseen the decline of the big two Arkansas sports to their lowest combined level in at least 50 years.

Umm....i can think of a lot of seasons when we missed the NCAA tourney and last year we made it to the second round.  Not disagreeing about the football program, it's a hot mess right now.

Seebs

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 12:12:45 pm
Go back to Pittsburgh

Balance all of your arguments on Ken Hatfield being AD. Your credibility is already shredded, quit posting proving your idiocy.  We all agree changes need to be made. But you are insane.  For Reelz.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 12:15:25 pm
YOU MADE THIS SAME POST IN ANOTHER THREAD THEN STARTED A THREAD FOR THE POST YOU JUST MADE WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS

Because that thread was a joke and will probably be in the trash soon.  What I'm saying is correct and needs to be understood.   

younghog

yep..

For those that think LONG is gone.. They are digging out of sand..

~just saying
GO HOGS

Seebs

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 12:17:20 pm
Because that thread was a joke and will probably be in the trash soon.  What I'm saying is correct and needs to be understood.   

So many of your posts are in the trash can you should change your name to 'Oscar'.

phadedhawg

Seriously - concern yourself with family or binge watch a show.

Any suggestions for shows to binge watch?  I have a few

On Netflix Stranger Things is a lot of fun.  Two seasons so plenty of show to watch. 
Netflix also has one of my favorite WWII documentary series "World War II in Color".  It's a great watch if you're into history.

On Amazon Prime they have all the Doctor Who episodes.  My family really enjoys them and there are 10 seasons so plenty to see.

HBO has "Game of Thrones" but it got a little shaky in series 5-7 but still interesting.

What else?

KennyForAD

Quote from: younghog on November 08, 2017, 12:17:24 pm
yep..

For those that think LONG is gone.. They are digging out of sand..

~just saying

Just a matter of time.  Did you see the size of the crowd at Homecoming?   

Seebs

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 08, 2017, 12:18:58 pm
Any suggestions for shows to binge watch?  I have a few

On Netflix Stranger Things is a lot of fun.  Two seasons so plenty of show to watch. 
Netflix also has one of my favorite WWII documentary series "World War II in Color".  It's a great watch if you're into history.

On Amazon Prime they have all the Doctor Who episodes.  My family really enjoys them and there are 10 seasons so plenty to see.

HBO has "Game of Thrones" but it got a little shaky in series 5-7 but still interesting.

What else?

Ozark is awesome

Breaking Bad

Sopranos is a great one

Enjoying Ouitlander - lots of adult content

All else fails - Golden Girls

KennyForAD

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 12:16:32 pm
Balance all of your arguments on Ken Hatfield being AD. Your credibility is already shredded, quit posting proving your idiocy.  We all agree changes need to be made. But you are insane.  For Reelz.

Close, but no.   Not focused on Kenny.  Focused on the Fink we have for an AD.

Razorbackers

Uh, excuse me?

Vin has Arkansas ties AND Bobby Petrino ties.

He's played in Texas and therefore can help with recruiting.

He was a high caliber athlete and can connect with the kids.

I'm already hearing rumors that Matt Hall and Lonnie Gosha are going to be part of his department. This is HUGE. Why are you ignoring the facts?

KennyForAD

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 12:18:06 pm
So many of your posts are in the trash can you should change your name to 'Oscar'.

What qualifications do you believe the next AD should have?

KennyForAD

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 12:21:24 pm
Uh, excuse me?

Vin has Arkansas ties AND Bobby Petrino ties.

He's played in Texas and therefore can help with recruiting.

He was a high caliber athlete and can connect with the kids.

I'm already hearing rumors that Matt Hall and Lonnie Gosha are going to be part of his department. This is HUGE. Why are you ignoring the facts?

Sir, I stand corrected.

jkstock04

The man's sole claim to fame is that he fired Bobby Petrino.  That's it.  Other than that, he has done nothing that 500 other people couldn't have done in the same position.  The SEC money would have been there if Mr. Drysdale from the Beverly Hillbillies was the AD.  Hell...for that matter it would have still rolled in if Jethro had gotten the job.
They have bought into the "most respected AD in the country" crap...hook, line, and sinker. As if that matters in the scheme of things. This is the same guy that says winning is secondary...and hiring Bobby Petrino was the biggest mistake he has ever made in his time here. Conversely, hiring Bret Bielema was his biggest success.

It's insane that people think this guy is so awesome for our sports programs. I hope and pray the rumors of him being ousted are true. Skeptical...but one can still hope.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Razorbackers

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 12:21:51 pm

Be from NJ. Be a former linebacker. Have been recruited by CBP.

I mean, it's not that hard. The answer is right in front of us.

Seebs

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 12:19:52 pm
Just a matter of time.  Did you see the size of the crowd at Homecoming?   

Everyone did you insufferable igmo.  Everyone is aware of everything that has occurred this season. You are not capable of illuminating anybody on this board with anything new, because you have nothing new to say but you post new threads several times daily pretending that you do. Sweet mother of all things holy.

Whoever provided you a laptop on whatever general store porch your are posting from needs to be drawn and quartered. 

GuvHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 12:09:24 pm

Heck, I'd almost agree with Houston Nut becoming AD if it meant getting rid of Jeff Long.

Almost..........
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

KennyForAD

Hogville is in rough shape.  Overrun with trolls, and just a few true believers left.  Sad.  Its a harbinger of all to come for Razorback sports.  Dead.  Thing of the past.  I'm gonna go take a kid deer hunting.  I'm done with this crap, and probably won't be back.

Jeff Long Trolls:  Celebrate.  You ran off another true fan.   Enjoy Trollville.

Seebs

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 12:21:51 pm

ADs do not coach football.  They do not fire coaches in a vacuum either.  that crappy crowd at homecoming had 61K sold seats. That was a testament to the product on the field and the cancers with whistles on the sidelines.

To think you have any bearing on what an AD does, should be or will ever be is asinine. You've let your hatred for Long turn you into, or reveal, that you are a raving lunatic.

Ads make money and fire those that get in the way of making money. We are at that point.

Look forward to addressing your same stupid questions tomorrow.

jkstock04

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 12:28:09 pm
Hogville is in rough shape.  Overrun with trolls, and just a few true believers left.  Sad.  Its a harbinger of all to come for Razorback sports.  Dead.  Thing of the past.  I'm gonna go take a kid deer hunting.  I'm done with this crap, and probably won't be back.

Jeff Long Trolls:  Celebrate.  You ran off another true fan.   Enjoy Trollville.
You've gotta admit...the general store porch comment was golden.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Seebs

Sweet onion chutney. Trolls start threads. You can't even get that right. Good luck hunting - should have been doing that in the first place. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 12:29:00 pm
ADs do not coach football.  They do not fire coaches in a vacuum either.  that crappy crowd at homecoming had 61K sold seats. That was a testament to the product on the field and the cancers with whistles on the sidelines.

To think you have any bearing on what an AD does, should be or will ever be is asinine. You've let your hatred for Long turn you into, or reveal, that you are a raving lunatic.

Ads make money and fire those that get in the way of making money. We are at that point.

Behold! Another Long butt kisser!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TOM "tbw1"

There is no a program in the SEC that has a former head coach as the Athletic Director.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

RME

Actually, most of the athletic teams are doing extremely well.

If you had the capability to view things outside of football, you'd realize that.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 12:29:00 pm

What you saw on Saturday was 100% an original product of our esteemed ADs doing. You can spin it that everything he has done with the football program is awesome, but I'm not going to buy it.

Offseason is when he does his real marketing magic making people forget about the previous football season and convincing everyone to concentrate on academic achievements so on/so forth. Will be interesting to see how he deflects in the spring/summer of 2018. Can't wait!!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsanity

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 08, 2017, 12:14:11 pm

I am sure of his situation, he is a fake.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RME

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 08, 2017, 12:34:59 pm
What you saw on Saturday was 100% an original product of our esteemed ADs doing. You can spin it that everything he has done with the football program is awesome, but I'm not going to buy it.

Offseason is when he does his real marketing magic making people forget about the previous football season and convincing everyone to concentrate on academic achievements so on/so forth. Will be interesting to see how he deflects in the spring/summer of 2018. Can't wait!!

Then the Superdome being filled to the brim with Arkansas fans at the Sugar Bowl in January 2011 is also the original product of our AD. War Memorial shaking against LSU in late 2010 was that same product.

Can't just have it one way, bud. Every AD in the country has hits and misses. The people who think it's exclusive to us are kidding themselves.

hogsanity

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on November 08, 2017, 12:32:32 pm
There is no a program in the SEC that has a former head coach as the Athletic Director.

Ah, what do those other programs know about anything to do with running a athletic dept.

EastexHawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 08, 2017, 12:16:26 pm
Umm....i can think of a lot of seasons when we missed the NCAA tourney and last year we made it to the second round.  Not disagreeing about the football program, it's a hot mess right now.

That's why I said "combined".  Football has been terrible for six years.  Basketball has won two NCAA tournament games in ten years.  When was the last time that happened in either sport?

Now that I think about it, 50 years was an understatement.  You'd have to go a lot further back than that because of our football success.  Bowden Wyatt's Hogs won the SWC and finished in the top ten in 1954, and by 1959 Broyles had Razorback football in the top ten on an almost yearly basis for over a decade.  Football was down from 1947-53, but the basketball team was in the Final Four in 1941 and 1945 and finished 3rd in the West Regional in 1949.  We won five conference championships in ten years between 1941 and 1950.

We also won four basketball conference titles in the 1930s and finished the decade with an 85-35 SWC record.  Before that, Francis Schmidt was 96-11 overall and 51-7 in the SWC from 1925-1929 with four straight league titles. 

So...how far back do we have to go to find this combined level of futility?  100 years?

jkstock04

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 12:37:29 pm
Then the Superdome being filled to the brim with Arkansas fans at the Sugar Bowl in January 2011 is also the original product of our AD. War Memorial shaking against LSU in late 2010 was that same product.

Can't just have it one way, bud. Every AD in the country has hits and misses. The people who think it's exclusive to us are kidding themselves.
Your hero said all that was a terrible mistake, gotta take all that off the pedestal now bud.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RME

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 08, 2017, 12:41:53 pm
Your hero said all that was a terrible mistake, gotta take all that off the pedestal now bud.

I don't think someone has to be my "hero" simply because I think they're good at their job. Urban Meyer is pretty good at his job, but he's also a huge [CENSORED].

And, nah. That was said ex-post facto. At the time, that was the result of the product. No denying that. Can't say it never happened.

jkstock04

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 12:47:04 pm
I don't think someone has to be my "hero" simply because I think they're good at their job. Urban Meyer is pretty good at his job, but he's also a huge [CENSORED].

And, nah. That was said ex-post facto. At the time, that was the result of the product. No denying that. Can't say it never happened.
I was just trollin ya a little bit with the hero thing since this is a troll thread in the trash.

But seriously, Jeff Long considers that time a major mistake...his biggest mistake while at Arkansas in fact. The Bielema hire and era has shown him you don't have to have a coach like Petrino to be successful here.

Point being, to you and I that was a great time...to the AD you credit for those accomplishments, he considers it an errant/bad time in his tenure here. We were probably too much of a win first program back then.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

razorbackfaninar

I know you may believe this is true, but it isn't.  When Long took over as AD we didn't have the SEC TV money, but he still managed to almost double income from contributions and ticket sales.  All while, as you put it, overseeing the decline of the big two Arkansas sports to their lowest combined levels in at least 50 years.  Aside from that, all the SEC schools get a share of the TV money, so by your logic we should all be doing basically the same, only we aren't. right now Arkansas is third in the SEC in free cash flow with 19,347,466 dollars  That is what we bring in after our expenses.  We are behind Texas A&M, who has more money than anyone in college football, and Florida.  A&M has so much much money because they have a huge alumni pool of people to solicit donations from.  They currently have enrolled 66,426 students which is about an average year. Florida likewise has a huge alumni base, they currently have an enrollment of 49,827.  By comparison we have an enrollment of 27,194 just ahead of Ole Miss and Mississippi State two schools from a similarly poor state with low population like Arkansas. Yet we bring in 14 million a year more than Ole Miss, and 30, Million more than Mississippi State. You may not like Jeff Long for your own reasons, that is your right but he has undeniably been good financially for the University of Arkansas, and Jethro or Mr. Drysdale or Tommy Tuberville for that matter could not likely step in and replicate that success with ease. The idea that he has somehow bankrupted the university as I have heard mentioned in several threads is laughable.  Now I wish the football team was doing better, and i hope we get a better coach and soon, but I have yet to hear a reason to fire Jeff long that makes any sense.     

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 12:23:45 pm
Everyone did you insufferable igmo. 

My sister called me Igmo when we were kids. I haven't heard anyone called that in 30 years. That made me laugh

Razorbackers

As of this moment this thread is in the trash and mine is still in MMQB.

I love this moment so much I want to marry it and make little baby moments.

EastexHawg

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 08, 2017, 01:01:18 pm
I know you may believe this is true, but it isn't.  When Long took over as AD we didn't have the SEC TV money, but he still managed to almost double income from contributions and ticket sales.   

Do you think I was born yesterday?  "Long" didn't do jack Shiite to increase ticket sales and contributions.  The excitement caused by Petrino's success on the football field did that.

But, if you insist on giving Long credit for increased interest because he hired Petrino, I'm sure you likewise blame him for the half-empty stadium we saw Saturday.

Seebs

For the record, and I know Guvhog keeps records, I want Long out as well. I'm simply stating you troglodytes have no idea who should go in that office and what the qualifications are.   

Disagreement means I'm a Jeff Long butt kisser? How did you guys make it past first grade without drinking poison by mistake?  Such a missed opportunity.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 08, 2017, 01:37:42 pm
Do you think I was born yesterday?  "Long" didn't do jack Shiite to increase ticket sales and contributions.  The excitement caused by Petrino's success on the football field did that.

But, if you insist on giving Long credit for increased interest because he hired Petrino, I'm sure you likewise blame him for the half-empty stadium we saw Saturday.

I am just trying to point out that the SEC TV money has increased revenue, but long as the AD has increased revenue significantly as well aside from that. I am sure winning didn't hurt anything, but contributions, not money from ticket sales, not SEC TV money, was double in 2016 (not a great year for football or basketball) over what it was in 2008 when Long got here and took over from Frank who was thought to be a genius at bringing in money. 12 million in 2008 25 Million in 2016, and those are the NCAA's numbers not U of A's.