Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some help from you Hogs?

Started by Theultimatelord, June 29, 2015, 09:15:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Theultimatelord

Hey guys!

I am working on putting together some famous teams for College Hoops 2k7 (don't laugh) for when an old college buddy comes to visit for a few days.

I wanted to include the 1994 title team, but frankly I don't know the team as well as you guys would! It would take me an hour to do what would take you guys like 30 seconds, from memory:)

Is there any way I could bother you guys for maybe a single sentence on each of the players? Something like...

*Williamson, starting PF, dominant rebounder, good. defender, great on offense from midrange in, decent ball handling and good passer.

It looks like your main guys were...

Williamson
Thurman
Beck
Steward
McDaniel

Dillard
Robinson
Crawford
Rimac
Wilson
Martin

If I could steal this from you guys it would be hugely appreciated; would like to get the team made correctly. I just can't tell what I need to know from stats. I figure that, in the off season, this might be doable?  The Kentucky fans even helped (after being their usual angry kentucky selves) but so far I've got the teams for a dozen other schools... But really want you guys in it!

Thanks guys!

CallMeAl

You left off Razorback legend, Ray Biggers. The only way to describe him is 10-12.
Hog since birth.

Biggus Piggus

Overall -- the depth was very good. Corliss Williamson and Scotty Thurman were tops on the team averaging 29 minutes apiece. Only three other players got more than 20 minutes a game. Ten players averaged double-digit minutes.

Not only were the championship Razorbacks highly efficient on offense, they also were strong on defense. Arkansas held opponents to 30% 3-pt shooting and 45% inside the arc. The Hogs for the season were +206 in assists and +186 in turnovers.

The formula was -- accelerate tempo -- get a lot more shots off (with hugely positive TO margin) -- shoot much higher % (with a lot of good shooters) -- stay even at the line -- rebound well on the offensive end -- sacrifice some defensive rebounding for more pressure on the ball.

Williamson -- 20 ppg, 8 rpg, shot 63%, never shot from outside, great low post scorer. Good enough rebounder to dominate in crunch time. Not a great leaper but quick and strong.

Thurman -- 16 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg. Made 85 threes shooting 43% from long range. Also scored 116 2-pt baskets; hard to stop, versatile. Not physically strong but crafty. Unusual to find a wing player like him even today.

Beck -- Max effort guy at point, 5 apg, team high 68 steals. Not super quick or highly skilled, but tough and strong physically and mentally. Spirited leader, junkyard dog on defense.

Stewart -- A 6-9 widebody who fit perfectly in the starting lineup. Good outside shooter, good skills with the ball, adequate rebounder and defender, height helped when Corliss faced taller matchups.

McDaniel -- Decent perimeter shooter but at his best on defense, putting pressure on the ballhandler. Fast and strong.

Dillard -- Juco transfer guard with a very one-dimensional game. Had a few amazing games, including 12 threes against Delaware State, but only played 9 minutes per game in conference. Was useful off the bench in the NCAAT to keep the pressure on after Arkansas took leads, but wasn't good on defense.

Robinson -- Highly touted 6-11 recruit helped the Hogs offset the talent that better opponents had up front. Very athletic but not highly productive most of the season. Was a big part of the Hogs' win over Arizona in the Final Four, when Corliss went for 29 and 13.

Crawford -- Very effective off the bench as a 2-3 substitute. Shot and defended very well. Was injured in the NCAAT.

Rimac -- A 6-7 wing player originally from Croatia. Played at Fayetteville High before signing with Arkansas. Good shooter, mobile, versatile, gave good bench minutes.

Wilson -- Another big 6-11 freshman body to come off the bench and help the Hogs deal with taller, more physical opponents.
[CENSORED]!

Theultimatelord

Hot damn, PERFECT, thanks SO much BP... was starting to worry there were too many youngsters here who didn't remember that team!:)  Lemme go get working on them now. 

Thanks SO much!  Can't wait to see the Hogs in-game... as long as Thurman doesn't hit that damn three again!:D

ArkansasI

I believe that Ken Biley - our only senior on the team - started our national championship game.  Ken was a highly touted forward from Pine Bluff, Arkansas, that didn't see the court very often during his Razorback tenure.  He played on excellent teams where minutes were tough to come by.  Ken was a class act, a good student and appeared to be a fine teammate.

Hogimus Prime

I thought about doing this on 2k8

Wisco Pig

Crawford was the only other senior on the team, I think.   Biley did start in the finals against Duke.   He played the first three minutes of the game, committed a foul against Grant Hill, and then I don't think he played again that night.

Excellent summary, Biggus.

Hogimus Prime

That team would've been even scarier if Craig Tyson would not have blown his knee out the year before