Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So if Long has made up his mind to make a switch does he

Started by nwahogfan1, November 07, 2017, 05:27:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

talk to the agent of that coach he wants to get his reaction hoping to have a replacement by December 1st?

Or does he wait and go interview several applicants and make a decision by mid December or later losing several weeks of recruiting?

The Hawg Marshal

nwahogfan1

31to6

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 07, 2017, 05:27:41 pm
talk to the agent of that coach he wants to get his reaction hoping to have a replacement by December 1st?

Or does he wait and go interview several applicants and make a decision by mid December or later losing several weeks of recruiting?
If you are an AD you are *always* talking, always networking and you always have a shortlist.

You never know when your HC is going to text hookers, wreck his motorcycle, bet in a Final Four pool, or just start stinking up the place with epic on-the-field failure.

racinghog

November 07, 2017, 08:04:26 pm #4 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:22:34 pm by racinghog
Yes but Long's people talks to coaches people. At this juncture there will be plausible deniability.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 07, 2017, 05:27:41 pm

If Long has already made up his mind to get rid of Bielema, he will test the waters through back-channels to Agents of the Coaches that he is interested in pursuing. We may never know who all he has contacted. No AD/School wants to be publicly associated with someone who has said "no" to their interest.
Go Hogs Go!

ChicoHog

I think BB will be gone a few days after the last game and the new coach will be named within a week unless they have another game left (not a bowl game). They need to get going asap for the December signing day. 

Scott7703

What if Long isn't making the hire? Or better yet what if Long is gone?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 07, 2017, 09:49:42 pm
What if Long isn't making the hire? Or better yet what if Long is gone?

Long will at least be the "face" of the hiring process if he is here and I suspect that he will be.
Go Hogs Go!

Scott7703

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 08, 2017, 04:49:40 am
Long will at least be the "face" of the hiring process if he is here and I suspect that he will be.

IF he is still here he will be the one to announce it, sure.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 08, 2017, 04:49:40 am
This.

Kevin

if they are going to hire a new coach, the wheels are already in motion. remember there is now an early signing date. I would think that will make people move faster on hiring than in the past.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 09:51:39 am
if they are going to hire a new coach, the wheels are already in motion. remember there is now an early signing date. I would think that will make people move faster on hiring than in the past.
Absolutely, the wheels have to be in motion already , or we are in a lot of trouble.