Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

World Series 2015 Mets Royals

Started by popcornhog, October 27, 2015, 10:38:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Game 1 has been entertaining thus far -- an inside the park HR from Escobar to lead off the game. A key error by Hosmer in the 8th to give the Mets a lead. Gordon hit a solo bomb to tie it back up in the 9th off of Familia.

Now we're in extras.
WPS

Dr. Starcs

I almost feel like this is a must win for kc.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

clutch

This one might not end. No matter what, I think this series now favors the mets. The Royals pitching strength is the bullpen. It's getting depleted game one. Both teams will be riding starters longer now. If it comes down to starting pitching it's definitely in the mets favor.

cosmodrum

Our BP is fine. Herrera, Madson and Davis all only pitched an inning, just like they wouldve if we had a 7th inning lead.

The tough part is Chris Young throwing significant pitches when starting game 4.
Go away, batin'

pigture perfect

The other issue is that Volquez father passed away, and he wasn't told until after he was pulled from the game. You never know how that will effect him mentally.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 28, 2015, 12:58:21 am
The other issue is that Volquez father passed away, and he wasn't told until after he was pulled from the game. You never know how that will effect him mentally.

True. I expect he'll start game 5, but yeah, who knows how it will impact him.

Very tough.
WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 28, 2015, 12:42:20 am
Our BP is fine. Herrera, Madson and Davis all only pitched an inning, just like they wouldve if we had a 7th inning lead.

The tough part is Chris Young throwing significant pitches when starting game 4.

Herrera worked in two different innings I think and pitched a few pitches.  I think he will be out tonight for sure.  Is guthrie not in the post season roster?

I think whoever has a starter go deep tonight will favor the series, but you have to think, it's this and nothing else.  They have months to rest after this next 7 days or so.  Also, tomorrow is a day off so bullpens will be back to full order come friday night's game in NY. 

I think Royals have to win tonight at home as well.  Mets have these young arms but anyone of them could slip up in the 3,4, or 5th inning and not make it too or through the 6th at any given night. 

hoghappy

The guy with the Ugly hair will Win tonight, that is your Happy Guarantee.

Oliver

This series is over.  Royals have clutch bats.  Mets bats are pathetic.  Royals in 4 or 5

pigture perfect

Tonight was the Mets best chance. Not saying they won't make some noise, but Cueto is the 1 pitcher that could have been the weak link. He was the boss tonight tho.

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 28, 2015, 10:34:04 pm
Tonight was the Mets best chance. Not saying they won't make some noise, but Cueto is the 1 pitcher that could have been the weak link. He was the boss tonight tho.

I'm not counting the mets out yet. Their bats sucked most the year, but since August they've been one of the top hitting teams in baseball. You never know what will happen in a WS. Especially with their starting pitching.

clutch

Damn the Royals are good in late game situations. Everyone will question Collins for bringing Harvey back out. I liked it. Familia had already blown 2 saves. Harvey was looking strong.

pigture perfect

Harvey should not have had a say in whether or not he came back out. He gets paid to play, not manage. He may have not cost them the series, but he did cost them the game, which is their last one. Pride goes before destruction. Stupid move.

SpanHog

proud graduate of the U of A 2013

DukeOfPork

Well, I just now realized that this thread exists.  I've been posting this week on a Mizzou board with other Royals fans.

I've never seen a team that is more clutch than this Royals team.  Just a ridiculous performance throughout the whole postseason.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 01, 2015, 11:30:25 pm
Harvey should not have had a say in whether or not he came back out. He gets paid to play, not manage. He may have not cost them the series, but he did cost them the game, which is their last one. Pride goes before destruction. Stupid move.

I agree.  Harvey can say that he feels good, but other than that, Collins needs no other input from him.

I cannot fault them for letting him go back out there.  He could have sent Familia out there and the Royals may have scored two on him; they have certainly gotten to him earlier in this series.  Then the narrative would be "why didn't you let the guy pitching the shutout go back out for the 9th?"

GolfNut57

Happy for the Royals but I was hoping they would lose tonight so I could watch at least one game of the series Tuesday night. Oh well. Wtg KC!
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 02, 2015, 01:01:02 am
Happy for the Royals but I was hoping they would lose tonight so I could watch at least one game of the series Tuesday night. Oh well. Wtg KC!

Did you have tickets?

GolfNut57

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 02, 2015, 02:03:54 am
Did you have tickets?

nah........I was referring to watching them on TV. I have had to work every night that the first five games have been on TV. I would have been able to watch games six and seven had it gone to that.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

popcornhog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 02, 2015, 01:01:02 am

We had game 7 tickets in the outfield -- would've been cool, but it was pretty obvious it wasn't going that far.

Congrats to the Royals from Cardinal nation.
WPS

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 01, 2015, 11:30:25 pm

I have to disagree. Harvey didn't go out because of pride, he went out because he felt he had the stuff to get them the game. Guys at that level usually know. As a manager, you have certain guys that you listen to. Guys that know their limits and know when they are feeling good. You trust certain guys because they've earned that trust. Harvey is one of those guys. It backfired this time, but I bet he'd do it the same again.

I've had plenty of players over the years like that. Guys who'd come to me and say they could still go, and I'd trust them. A lot of the time I felt better about leaving a starter that had been on in a game than I do replacing him with someone who has been sitting, especially if a team has gotten to that guy twice already in a series.

In this case, you just tip your hat to the Royals. They get a man on, then go with the ballsy steal down 2 with no outs. It paid off. It was just a team that didn't quit.

pigture perfect

We will just disagree. The stakes were too big here. If it were in the regular season sure, but not in an elimination game. Collins knew that Harvey was tiring and that he was running on emotions. As soon as the 1st run scored Harvey looked as tired as he really was. By then it was too late.

Dr. Starcs

Jmo, but I think harvey should have been allowed to go back out in the 9th.

The mets had already blown two other games in which they had brought in relievers and harvey wasn't even at his season high pitch count.

But my deal breaker would have been after he walked the guy to put the tying run at the plate. He should have never faced him.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 03, 2015, 06:56:00 am
Jmo, but I think harvey should have been allowed to go back out in the 9th.

The mets had already blown two other games in which they had brought in relievers and harvey wasn't even at his season high pitch count.

But my deal breaker would have been after he walked the guy to put the tying run at the plate. He should have never faced him.

I totally agree.

Familia had already blown two saves against the Royals in a short series.  There was absolutely no guarantee that he was going to preserve the lead.

I might have let Harvey go back out there for the 9th, but when he walked Cain, I would have pulled him out immediately.

clutch

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 03, 2015, 11:18:17 am
I totally agree.

Familia had already blown two saves against the Royals in a short series.  There was absolutely no guarantee that he was going to preserve the lead.

I might have let Harvey go back out there for the 9th, but when he walked Cain, I would have pulled him out immediately.

Exactly what I would have done. I would have pulled him after the walk, but most definitely given him the opportunity to finish the game off. Until the walk, he looked strong. At that point in time I'm trusting one of the top pitchers in the game over a closer who has blown 2 saves in 4 games. Harvey knew how big the stakes were. He wouldn't risk it unless he felt good enough to actually think he could really get it done. He was around 110 pitches at the time. That's not too bad considering it was going to be his last appearance of the year regardless. He'd looked amazing up until that point.

cosmodrum

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 02, 2015, 02:03:54 am
Did you have tickets?

Sigh...I did.

Section 429.

That said, I just wanted to win, and we sure as hell did!
Go away, batin'