Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown V

Started by dhornjr1, March 30, 2011, 01:26:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Speaking of Franklinhausen, I was watching a Met game and they said he was warming up in the 'pen. I had no idea dude still played. Maybe I heard wrong..
ched come back pls

dhornjr1

Quote from: HogsnCards on April 23, 2011, 10:36:13 pm
I see this playing out the "Springdale/HDN" way. TLR puts in a younger guy just because of the heat, one slip up, and puts the older (and less talented) player in. The younger guy gets mad, and kaput. Whole team implodes. Meanwhile, we lose games.

Dear Mr. Blown Save King,

I'm not gonna say the sore-armed bastard cost us this game because Miller had already failed miserably, but those four blown saves he had earlier this month were games that should have been in the "W" column and they're not. That can come back to bite you at the end of the year.

dhornjr1

Quote from: HogsnCards on April 23, 2011, 10:37:38 pm
Speaking of Franklinhausen, I was watching a Met game and they said he was warming up in the 'pen. I had no idea dude still played. Maybe I heard wrong..

And that's all I need to hear to know the state of the Mets bullpen.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 23, 2011, 10:40:13 pm
And that's all I need to hear to know the state of the Mets bullpen.
haha. I looked it up, nd he's actually putting up some real decent numbers. Of course, not in a closers role...
ched come back pls

dhornjr1

Quote from: HogsnCards on April 23, 2011, 10:41:01 pm
haha. I looked it up, nd he's actually putting up some real decent numbers. Of course, not in a closers role...

Doing pretty good in a mop-up role for a last place team, huh? That sounds about right.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

We saw the future of our bullpen tonight. Exactly what a pen SHOULD look like. Salas, Sanchez, Boggs. Looked perfect. Good series win Cards!
ched come back pls

dhornjr1

Quote from: HogsnCards on April 24, 2011, 10:04:16 pm
We saw the future of our bullpen tonight. Exactly what a pen SHOULD look like. Salas, Sanchez, Boggs. Looked perfect. Good series win Cards!

I was just thinking the same thing. When Boggs comes in to close, I don't immediately assume we're about to lose. I don't know how long it's been since I could feel that way.

dhornjr1

BTW, not to beat the booing stuff to death, but I heard no reports about Carpenter being booed. However, I did notice that at the same time pigture said the fans were booing, Brandon Phillips had walked and scored on a Votto home run.

So, I'm wondering if that was the booing that people were hearing.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

clutch

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 24, 2011, 10:07:52 pm
I was just thinking the same thing. When Boggs comes in to close, I don't immediately assume we're about to lose. I don't know how long it's been since I could feel that way.

I really like Boggs in the closer spot. Closing situations are too important, no need to let Franklin find his rhythm in that spot. I think Franklin's days are over, but if Tony insists on keeping him I hope he uses him as a reliever instead. Like you said, those 4 games he has blown could have a huge impact at the end of the season. It seems to always come down to the wire in baseball when deciding division champs and wildcard spots. We need every win we can get.

clutch

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 24, 2011, 10:10:43 pm
BTW, not to beat the booing stuff to death, but I heard no reports about Carpenter being booed. However, I did notice that at the same time pigture said the fans were booing, Brandon Phillips had walked and scored on a Votto home run.

So, I'm wondering if that was the booing that people were hearing.

If Brandon Phillips was visible I would almost guarantee the booing was directed towards him. He is probably the most hated man in STL right now.   

The Hogfather

How are we in 1st?  Crazy...

Feel bad for Franklin and wish it would work out, but we can't keep blowing games.

Also, he needs to get over the booing.  Cardinal fans and/or any other group of fans are not wrong for booing repeated poor performances.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I was just noting yesterday how friggin' PACKED the Central is. I know it's early, but it's still crazy to have all these teams within like 3 games.
ched come back pls

dhornjr1

Smolder

I like it. Hopefully Pujol's hamstring gets better.

dhornjr1

La Russa's daughter is an Oakland Raiders cheerleader

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tony-LaRussa-8217-s-daughter-is-an-Oakland-Raid?urn=nfl-wp1180

Best quote:

QuoteIf she's anything like her dad, Bianca will use five dancers on a four-dancer routine, move the worst dancer up to No. 7 in the dancing order and have Buzz Bissinger follow her around and write a deifying book about three days in the life of a cheerleader.

pigture perfect

Any report on Pujols Hammy today? Glad we had an off day to rest it up.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

Smolder

La Russa's daughter is better looking than I thought she would be...

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Pencil in a L for tonight. We're facing Cy Norris tonight.
ched come back pls

dhornjr1

Quote from: HogsnCards on April 26, 2011, 06:25:38 pm
Pencil in a L for tonight. We're facing Cy Norris tonight.

I thought the same thing. Might as well not even play the game, right?

pigture perfect

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 26, 2011, 07:19:15 pm
He looks good after 1

Of course he does.

Here's his stats versus St. Louis:

6 games, 5 wins and 1 loss, 39.2 innings pitched, 32 hits, 11 runs, 10 earned runs, 11 walks, 35 K's, 2.27 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, and .222 batting average against

Here's his stats versus everyone else:

36 games, 11 wins and 13 losses, 191.2 innings pitched, 201 hits, 124 runs, 114 earned runs, 98 walks, 203 K's, 5.35 ERA, 1.56 WHIP, and a .227 batting average against.

pigture perfect

Smart move by TLR to Let AP pinch hit for Tyler Green. He knew he'd be Intentionally walked with the base open. That kept the lefty righty match up with Raasmus. Even though it didn't produce any runs.

pigture perfect

Crap. What's happened to the days of Sutter, Lee, & Ek. Another blown save.

jst01

I was watching HOCKEY last night while working instead of turning around and watching the cards game.  That's how much confidence I have in our pen when its tied late.

jbell96

Jeez you guys are overreacting. That was Boggs' first blown save. He is young & will blow one from time to time. Chill out.

dhornjr1

Mike Shannon Meets Charlie Sheen

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/04/27/voice-of-the-cardinals-mike-shannon-talks-charlie-sheen/

QuoteST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – It wasn't by accident that Mike Shannon met actor Charlie Sheen for the first time yesterday, but guess who was more excited about the visit?

Shannon told KMOX's Charlie Brennan Wednesday morning that Sheen is just a really big baseball fan.

The two met in a hotel lobby in Huston, Texas where the Cardinals are playing the Astros.

The two have a mutual friend in common, he's actually helping Sheen with his current tour, Charlie Sheen LIVE: My Violent Torpedo of Truth. Sheen has five more stops on that tour.

Shannon describes Sheen as any other guy who loves baseball, "very down to earth, with his feet on the ground."

Shannon said Sheen just wanted to talk a little baseball. He also met several Cardinals players during his short visit.

When Shannon asked Charlie if he was happy. Sheen replied, "What do you think?"

pigture perfect

Cy Lohse is pitching another shutout.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Why oh why do youtake out Lohse and put in FRANKLIN?! If there's one person I wouldn't want following me after a good outing, it's Franklinhausen. Jeebus.
ched come back pls

pigture perfect

Quote from: HogsnCards on April 27, 2011, 09:36:53 pm
Why oh why do youtake out Lohse and put in FRANKLIN?! If there's one person I wouldn't want following me after a good outing, it's Franklinhausen. Jeebus.
??? >:( :puke:

pigture perfect

April 27, 2011, 10:04:01 pm #231 Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:08:38 pm by pigture perfect
5 stinking double plays. Wow! Sanchez on for the save though. That turned out to be a blood pressure check. Glad it's over. +1's for narrowly escaping.

FS Hog

Looks like the whole relief staff is shaky. Also doesn't help when the defense gives them 9 outs in two innings.

jbell96

Lohse was sick. That is why he took him out last night, but putting in Franklin was inexcusable.

dhornjr1

If I didn't know better I'd think that the position players are screwing up on purpose when Franklinhausen is in the game. BTW, I'm about ready to stop impugning the relatively good name of Jason Isringhausen and just start calling him Franklin. He's passed the worst level of inadequacy that Isringhausen reached.

FS Hog

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 28, 2011, 12:12:32 pm
If I didn't know better I'd think that the position players are screwing up on purpose when Franklinhausen is in the game. BTW, I'm about ready to stop impugning the relatively good name of Jason Isringhausen and just start calling him Franklin. He's passed the worst level of inadequacy that Isringhausen reached.
Why so much hate for Franklin. He had 2, yes two blown saves last year. Yes I know he's started terrible this year. Izzy had a couple of bad years. Where's the hate for Miller, he only comes in for one batter a game and he hasn't been getting that one lefty out lately.

dhornjr1

Quote from: FS Hog on April 28, 2011, 04:49:10 pm
Why so much hate for Franklin. He had 2, yes two blown saves last year. Yes I know he's started terrible this year. Izzy had a couple of bad years. Where's the hate for Miller, he only comes in for one batter a game and he hasn't been getting that one lefty out lately.

Aw, hell, I've gotta have someone to hate on. Franklin's just an easy target right now, especially in light of his derogatory comments about the fans.

You're right, Miller is horrible. I saw one of the Post-Dispatch guys tweet last night that he hasn't got a batter out since April 15th or something like that.

On the other hand, Kyle Lohse has been AWESOME. Very proud of him.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Our bullpen finds a way to give me heartburn every game, no matter of the margin
ched come back pls

BulldogBasketball

Miller will remain in the LOOGY role till at least Tallet is healthy.

Frankllin has never been that impressive; he's had a few seasons where his ERA has been good but his defensive independent measurements have shown that he has been very lucky. Low BABIP these past two seasons, etc.

dhornjr1

Quote from: HogsnCards on April 28, 2011, 09:58:53 pm
Our bullpen finds a way to give me heartburn every game, no matter of the margin

Yep, I reach for the Zantac with a seven run lead.

hoghappy

Franklin is/was worse than Isringhausen. It's not even fai anymore to combine their names.

Smolder

Here I thought Berkman would be dead weight, proving me wrong alot lately.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Cutty on April 29, 2011, 11:16:52 am
Here I thought Berkman would be dead weight, proving me wrong alot lately.

I know what you mean. I had no idea what to expect from him, but in my wildest dreams I would not have thought this would be happening. Let's hope he can keep it up because we're gonna have to score eleven runs a game A LOT.

Smolder

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 29, 2011, 03:30:01 pm
I know what you mean. I had no idea what to expect from him, but in my wildest dreams I would not have thought this would be happening. Let's hope he can keep it up because we're gonna have to score eleven runs a game A LOT.

It may be possible our bats are hot..hot...hot.  I love watching us hit these days. I am going to have to get some tickets to see some games this year.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I've noticed we are definitely a SINGLES team. What was it, 9 singles in that 9 run inning last night? Insane. I don't know if that means we're just lucky on finding the holes, or if this is evidence that we're just a good hitting team. Tough to say.
ched come back pls

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Tonight once again backed the past 2 points I've made: Singles won the game for us (minues the Punto triple), and once again, the 'pen made it dicey. Although Sanchez was LIGHTS OUT.
ched come back pls

pigture perfect

Great series win. Hopefully a sweep tomorrow.

dhornjr1

It's official, guys. I don't know what Ryan Franklin has done, but his teammates want him gone. Every appearance he makes someone behind him makes an error, in some cases on what should be easy outs.

Today it was Theriot.

pigture perfect

My new name for Franklin is "Ditto". It's the same thing everytime he goes out there. Instead of commenting everytime he blows a game, I'm just going to say Ditto.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Pitched a good 8th. I was thinking "Hey, maybe the shaving of the beard did it!"

Not so much.
ched come back pls