Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UGA vs UK

Started by razortv, March 03, 2015, 08:21:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razortv

Interesting approach by UGA so far. Wonder where this will lead and how many coaches taking note of this approach?

Razorback4

For those of us not watching, what are they doing?

intelligence

Quote from: Razorback4 on March 03, 2015, 08:26:00 pm
dribble drive/pick and pop. taking kentucky to the rack on every possession. drawing alot of fouls.

GatorHog

GA also doing a good job of keeping KY's big men away from the basket, making them work for shots in the lane

lefty08

Kentucky also has zero intensity
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

razortv

Quote from: Razorback4 on March 03, 2015, 08:26:00 pm

Playing under control, no press, rebounding, solid active zone defense, going to their best player, not jacking 3's and playing not scared. Hanging in to give themselves a chance using a disciplined approach.

Danny J

Quote from: GatorHog on March 03, 2015, 08:28:48 pm
GA also doing a good job of keeping KY's big men away from the basket, making them work for shots in the lane
Yep and the tempo is to UGA's liking. The Dogs aren't rushing their shots. The Cats are trying to force tempo and the Dogs are slowing it down not falling into that trap. That was eventually the undoing for LSU. If UGA can keep tempo like it is they have a chance.

Jackrabbit Hog

Just turned it on.  Bad timing on my part.  I see the same team that spanked us Saturday.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

razortv

Charles Barkley to give his take on UK after the timeout. This should be interesting.

40MINSOFHELL

That gym is turrible

The Boar War

Where was this officiating crew Saturday?

HamIAm

March 03, 2015, 08:49:58 pm #11 Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:18:00 pm by HamIAm
Calipari was working the ref and you could read the ref's lips, "stop, stop, just stop."

Danny J

And THAT call right there at the 4:52 mark is total BS....total BS!!! On the sideline you see Cal jawing in the ear to the official after the Lyles foul call. On the very next play that same official runs from 45 feet away from the play to call out of bounds on UGA when the official standing right there saw nothing. Unreal. I am sorry but the Cats don't need any help.

HamIAm

Georgia fans need to start making some noise

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: razortv on March 03, 2015, 08:30:47 pm
Playing under control, no press, rebounding, solid active zone defense, going to their best player, not jacking 3's and playing not scared. Hanging in to give themselves a chance using a disciplined approach.

Bill Self should've thought to try that when KY blew Kansas out of the gym.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

HamIAm

Ky player wraps his arms around the Georgia player and slings him to the side. Ref calls a foul and the player looks incredulous.

ADavisTheGOAT

If UGA was a better team than they are now they'd be killing UK.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

40MINSOFHELL

Wish we could play kentucky at BWA

intelligence

So what does this game say about the Hogs? are we overrated?

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: intelligence on March 03, 2015, 09:06:13 pm
IMO this has to do with home court advantage.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

razortv

All and all a very good half by UGA.  Amazing what a disciplined approach can do.

Virginia and Wisconsin should do well against UK if they get matched up.

razortv

Not really, just a different approach to the game. Hope we are taking notes for a possible rematch in the SEC tourney. CMA, Qualls and Harris should watch this game tape a lot before that possible game. I would love to get another shot at them.

lefty08

This game has been officiated completely different as well. We should all know the transitive property doesn't work in sports. Besides, implying the hogs might be overrated is dumb, the hogs won on this floor as well
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

intelligence

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 03, 2015, 09:06:35 pm

Yep, what i was thinking as well. UK players look a bit reserved, or perhaps a tad timid. same way we looked in Rupp.

I feel the same way about UK's beat down of us in Rupp and ISU's beatdown of us in Hilton as i do about our beatdown of A&M in The Bud. We came out on fire vs A&M. UK and ISU also came out on fire against us.

Danny J

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 03, 2015, 09:06:35 pm
And the game plan by UGA.

intelligence

Quote from: Danny J on March 03, 2015, 09:09:43 pm
And the game plan by UGA.

What about when we played A&M? UK did the same thing to us that we did to A&M.

razortv

Quote from: intelligence on March 03, 2015, 09:09:06 pm
Yep, what i was thinking as well. UK players look a bit reserved, or perhaps a tad timid. same way we looked in Rupp.

I feel the same way about UK's beat down of us in Rupp and ISU's beatdown of us in Hilton as i do about our beatdown of A&M in The Bud. We came out on fire vs A&M. UK and ISU also came out on fire against us.

We cooled quite a bit in the 2nd half against TAM.

40MINSOFHELL

Lol no. We beat Georgia AT Georgia.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: razortv on March 03, 2015, 09:06:51 pm
All and all a very good half by UGA.  Amazing what a disciplined approach can do.

Are you saying Bill Self got blown out against KY because he doesn't have a disciplined approach?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TomBigBeeHog

What's your opinion?

dsims2k3

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 03, 2015, 09:14:07 pm
Are you saying Bill Self got blown out against KY because he doesn't have a disciplined approach?

+1. Exactly. Too bad JB can have so many undisciplined posters especially after a loss.  :-\
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

razortv

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 03, 2015, 09:14:07 pm

Ok, I will bite. Yes, in that game Kansas tried to run and took bad shots. That game was earlier, so other teams can learn from that.

(notOM)Rebel123

This game says nothing about the Hogs. And no, Hogs are not overrated.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

40MINSOFHELL

Texas a&m losing to florida

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: razortv on March 03, 2015, 09:19:54 pm
Ok, I will bite. Yes, in that game Kansas tried to run and took bad shots.

Fox > Self in terms of coaching strategy?

razortv

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 03, 2015, 09:25:23 pm

Yes, he has a better game plan at this point. It is not hard to figure out by watching.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HamIAm on March 03, 2015, 08:49:58 pm
Calipari was working the ref and you could read the ref's lips, "stop, stop, just stop."

Yeah, that was nice.  Too bad the ref doesn't see fouls by KY, travel or balls going off KY players' legs, before signally KY ball...

razortv

I don't think UGA will win, but they won't get embarrassed. They also have given some of the better teams good film study on how to play UK. Virginia and Wisconsin are taking notes.

popcornhog

Would be cool to see Georgia win this game for sure.
WPS

The Boar War

UK players missing point blank shots

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: razortv on March 03, 2015, 09:30:22 pm
I don't think UGA will win, but they won't get embarrassed. They also have given some of the better teams good film study on how to play UK. Virginia and Wisconsin are taking notes.

Ole Miss and A&M must have had  very disciplined approaches as well.

razortv

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 03, 2015, 09:36:42 pm

Correct

la20688

It's all about "focus" for Kentcuky.

Danny J

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 03, 2015, 09:36:42 pm
And LSU

latrops

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 03, 2015, 09:25:23 pm

Fox does have a seasons worth of film that Self didn't.  Self also probably thought his players matched up better than they do.  A rematch wouldn't be quite so one-sided, though Kansas really just isn't as good as their ranking or reputation this year, IMO.

GatorHog

latrops

What a shot.  Entertaining game.

Danny J

YES!!!! What a big shot!

40MINSOFHELL

UK used all their energy for us

PorkRinds

GA is about to possibly take this one from KY. Lot of time left though.