Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From the Bench - What Will It Take for Fans to Come Back to Razorback Basketball

Started by Robert Shields, March 02, 2015, 11:15:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jesterzzn

Hogpkins

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 02, 2015, 02:12:22 pm
This P.O.S. post just got mentioned on Bo Mattingly's show.

Haha, did you catch when Bo said, Who is Robert Shields?

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 02, 2015, 04:59:27 pm
Who the hell is Robert Shields?
Robert Shields was, of course, a brave knight of the round table of Camelot. It is said that those who were good looked upon his armor and saw only gold and white but those who were evil could see only blue and black. Or so the legend goes. Regardless of the greatness of this legendary knight, I must admit that his posting I did not read. So let us all rejoice and LOL.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Robert,

While you must be applauded for effort, the output is still very, very close to stale wallpaper paste: boring, drab, and essentially useless.

Your articles have NO NEW POINT-OF-VIEW.  Why do you not even try to make a new point, backed with some rationale or support, such as facts, a story or two, logic, a different angle or analysis, or something?

Please, please explain this to us.

Thank you.

maggiesue

Honestly, and I will get flack for this, arkansas has not had a fun team to watch in 20 years.  This team has had a successful year but it is painful to watch.  No pure shooters and the team cannot make a run like back in the day.  If and when we put a team together that can score consistently and don't turn the ball over, the excitement will build.  Back in the day, we knew there was a shot at going to the final four, we know that is not the case here and on any given day we can lose to anyone.  That is my take.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: maggiesue on March 02, 2015, 10:14:20 pm
Honestly, and I will get flack for this, arkansas has not had a fun team to watch in 20 years.  This team has had a successful year but it is painful to watch.  No pure shooters and the team cannot make a run like back in the day.  If and when we put a team together that can score consistently and don't turn the ball over, the excitement will build.  Back in the day, we knew there was a shot at going to the final four, we know that is not the case here and on any given day we can lose to anyone.  That is my take.
Call me crazy, but I find Michael Qualls, Bobby Portis, and Anton Beard (and even Manny Watkins most of the time) some of the LEAST-painful Hog players to watch in several decades.

I will admit, I cringe when:
  - Alandise Harris is handling the ball outside the three-point line, ready to take a crazy shot or looking like he's about to do something really bad;
  - Jacorey Williams handles the ball in any way shape or form near any opposing player, or goes up for a shot beyond a layup;
  - Every time with 6 seconds or less on the clock at the end of the first half or game, Rashad Madden demands the ball from whoever else has it, then does something quite  ill-advised with it, which usually includes some crazy dribbling and a wild, no-chance-in-Hades shot.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 02, 2015, 05:02:59 pm
LSU game is sold out.  Can't do much better than that.  Well, besides win the game.

All BWA games, for about the first decade, were sold out. But actual attendance dropped by 5k by the time NR departed.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogfaniam

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on March 03, 2015, 09:25:49 am
All BWA games, for about the first decade, were sold out. But actual attendance dropped by 5k by the time NR departed.

Down 7k by 2009
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"