Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UK is not an NBA caliber team

Started by Hog and Eggs, March 01, 2015, 01:30:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regi

Quote from: Hog and Eggs on March 01, 2015, 08:40:44 pm
Not sure how you can say that. Orlando is averaging over 95 ppg, Philly 90, Minn 97. If those teams are all averaging over 90 against NBA teams, teams that are made up of the best players in the world, how can you possibly say that these teams would struggle to score 90 against a college team? While their height is impressive, that doesn't mean they can compete. You haven't experienced anything near the physicality they would encounter in the NBA. All of those guys would get pushed all over the floor.

The top of the NBA, the top 9-10 in the west top 7-8 in the East, sure UK would have a tough time, probably get drubbed a lot, but I have seen Orlando and Philly come into Phillips Arena and have no shot against a small, ball movement team like the Hawks(half the NBA plays this European style now thanks to the Spurs), it s not the Physical disparity some of you want to romanticize about, like the NFL. Orlando is building a team around Oladipo who can jump, but what else you got? and Tobias Harris from Tennessee who averaged about 11 points a game at UT. So that team will drub UK? Uh no.

770john111

Clapari 72 wins 112 loses coaching in the pros.thats all that needs to be said

regi

Quote from: 770john111 on March 02, 2015, 06:31:13 pm
Clapari 72 wins 112 loses coaching in the pros.thats all that needs to be said

So he was not 0-184? Not sure what either has to do with the talent on this UK team

HogBreath

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 02, 2015, 05:35:21 pm
That pertains to an individual player.  The NFL Scouts/personnel were talking about an entire unit (the 2011 Alabama Defense).

Here is a good article from 2014 that talks about the staggering amount of NFL talent in the 2011 Alabama/LSU games.  We all remember those two 2011 teams schooling Robert Petrino.

www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24784217/legacy-of-2011-alabama-lsu-games-lives-on-in-nfl-and-college
You didn't get it ...did you?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

770john111

He can't beat pros with pro players what the hell makes you think he can beat pros with college players. Calapari is a bum

jesterzzn

Quote from: regi on March 02, 2015, 06:27:21 pm
Orlando is building a team around Oladipo who can jump, but what else you got? and Tobias Harris from Tennessee who averaged about 11 points a game at UT. So that team will drub UK? Uh no.

Kentucky can't shoot like Orlando can.  Orlando is going to shoot 10-15 foot jumpers, hit about .450 of them, and Kentucky won't.  Kentucky scores by getting easy shots at the basket with guys that are physically overpowering inside.  They won't get those shots on any NBA team.  They will have to run plays to get even partially open jumpers, and they won't hit them at the same percentage as any other NBA team because they are simply not forced to take them against college competition..

They would lose to every NBA team by an average of 15 points.  The only way games would stay close is for Kentucky to get exceptionally hot, and even then they might still lose.

This thread, much like the "Portis needs to stay" threads, show who really knows basketball and who doesn't.  Some the the reasoning is laughable.

regi

Quote from: 770john111 on March 02, 2015, 06:39:00 pm

He was 72-112, the argument is that UK could not win at all, 72 wins out of 184 games is going is not ZERO/ Duh....that is 2-5 every 7 games. Better than zero

PonderinHog

Quote from: regi on March 02, 2015, 06:46:25 pm
He was 72-112, the argument is that UK could not win at all, 72 wins out of 184 games is going is not ZERO/ Duh....that is 2-5 every 7 games. Better than zero
Definitely good enough to get you fired, anyway.

regi

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 02, 2015, 06:43:17 pm
Kentucky can't shoot like Orlando can.  Orlando is going to shoot 10-15 foot jumpers, hit about .450 of them, and Kentucky won't.  Kentucky scores by getting easy shots at the basket with guys that are physically overpowering inside.  They won't get those shots on any NBA team.  They will have to run plays to get even partially open jumpers, and they won't hit them at the same percentage as any other NBA team because they are simply not forced to take them against college competition..

They would lose to every NBA team by an average of 15 points.  The only way games would stay close is for Kentucky to get exceptionally hot, and even then they might still lose.

This thread, much like the "Portis needs to stay" threads, show who really knows basketball and who doesn't.  Some the the reasoning is laughable.

That is three paragraphs where you are saying...."I don't know jack so I am pulling it out of my arse".  This may be one of the worst attempts to explain the reason UKs future pro players couldn't win. First of all good NBA teams put up only about 12-17% of their shots from 12-20 feet, it is a waist. it is more efficient to shoot 33% from 3 than 50% from 2. So it is either close in, three, than 12-20 feet. So jump into 2015 logic there Dr. Neismith. Orlando. Philly and Minnesota have awfull players after their top 2-3, because they want more top picks. they are not interested in winning now. They suck. Tobias Harris was not that good at UT for goodness sake. UK would more than handle their own against the NBA bottom feeders. This is not a physical mismatch like the NFL is. Laughable logic attempt by you.

regi

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 02, 2015, 06:48:36 pm
Definitely good enough to get you fired, anyway.

Without question and 15 mil richer. I could live with it

770john111

This whole conversation is stupid Kentucky is a great college team but a sorry ass pro team .

770john111

Hogs are gonna beat em before tourneys are over

770john111

March 02, 2015, 07:24:21 pm #62 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:35:35 pm by 770john111
Maybe arkansas can beat a pro team hell we beat Kentucky 3 out of 5 if it was going to game six in the NBA playoffs Kentucky got to win two to advance and hogs need one.get you some. Let's talk about that. And go. Don't forget game six is at arkansas

Hawghiggs

Kentucky could beat the 76ers this season. Mostly due to the fact if anyone was actually playing well for the 76ers they would trade or cut that player at half time. Besides the Phillies lost to a division 2 baseball team.

Hog and Eggs

Quote from: regi on March 02, 2015, 06:56:15 pm
That is three paragraphs where you are saying...."I don't know jack so I am pulling it out of my arse".  This may be one of the worst attempts to explain the reason UKs future pro players couldn't win. First of all good NBA teams put up only about 12-17% of their shots from 12-20 feet, it is a waist. it is more efficient to shoot 33% from 3 than 50% from 2. So it is either close in, three, than 12-20 feet. So jump into 2015 logic there Dr. Neismith. Orlando. Philly and Minnesota have awfull players after their top 2-3, because they want more top picks. they are not interested in winning now. They suck. Tobias Harris was not that good at UT for goodness sake. UK would more than handle their own against the NBA bottom feeders. This is not a physical mismatch like the NFL is. Laughable logic attempt by you.

Sure, Harris wasn't that good at UT. But he has been playing against NBA competition for the last few seasons. He has improved and turned himself into a pretty good player. You can't tell me that Harris wouldn't dominate college players. Sure, some of these teams only have 2-3 good players by NBA standards, but just about every player that has made an NBA roster would dominate most college kids. They have had a longer time to develop and they have had more time around the game. Basketball is now their full-time job.

Look at even marginal NBA players like Rubio (Minn) or Oladipo (Orl) wouldn't they have a field day against UK? Rubio is playing against Chris Paul, Westbrook, and Parker every night, are you serious that he wouldn't love to play against Harrison? Oladipo is matched up with Harden, Butler, and Thompson. He would lick his chops to be able to face Booker.