Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FROM A UK FAN

Started by dward6351, March 01, 2015, 12:29:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on March 01, 2015, 12:32:42 pm
We don't like your coach.

We think he is a cheater and a slimeball.

Our historic respect for your program is not the same because of him.

Plus, we may be a little jealous of the current success.

And you took a player (Archie Goodwin), that we wanted badly and he was just a support player for you.

I'm not sure I understand all this. UK didn't ruin college ball. The NBA player's association did. They are one big reason for the one and done rule. It's not luke UK made the rule. They are just adapting to the rules. If we could get 5 one and done's, I doubt anyone would complain.

As far as Archie goes, that was his decision so be mad at him, not UK.

sowmonella

It's not the school it's the coach.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HamIAm

Quote from: hoghiker on March 02, 2015, 11:35:50 am
They all go to class if you consider sitting behind a monitor and tapping a keyboard as going to class. It's my understanding they all do this because Calipari has a preference for it. They would be a distraction in class is his reasoning. Much like Sumlin did with Johnny Football. For all those folks that think Cal is a dirtbag. Think about it. He cares so much for those students in class that he doesn't want his players creating a distraction. He's a giver.

Wow. I did not know this.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: dward6351 on March 01, 2015, 12:29:00 pm
Look I am a life long UK fan...UK basketball is a religion to me like most UK fans.  I have noticed something over the last few days leading up to this game that kind of shocked me.  I am amazed at how much you guys really hate UK.  I mean listen, its not like there is a love loss with us and Arkansas..in fact its a rivalry so I loved yesterday.  I was laughing because of all the trash talk Arkansas fans were doing.  Quite frankly never seen a 17 pt underdog at Rupp talk so much trash as you guys did but....

I am not here to talk trash, I am here to try to understand the hatred.  As a UK fan, when Arkansas came in our league we were so happy.  Your fan base is awesome...besides us there were no other fan bases that cared about basketball like we do (until Arkansas joined the league).  The 90's were awesome and I hope Anderson can get Arkansas back to where Nolan had them.  Its good for Kentucky, and its good for the SEC.

Look I get it...were are the bully and you want to see us lose, but when I see people say they hope we lose in the tourney to a NON SEC team I just scratch my head.  I would  say 99% of UK fans will be rooting for Arkansas in the tourney.  We wont root for Arkansas in the SEC and we certainly will want you to lose like you did yesterday when we play each other, but  man I just cant get over all the hate

I saw one post on here that said they hoped we lost because we don't do it right and the one and done thing ruins everything.  Let me ask you this question Hog fan...if Karl Anthony Towns and Trey Lyles and Aaron Harrison and John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins (need I go on?) all said they wanted to come to Arkansas but would only there be there for a year - are you telling me that the Hog fans would say no?  Of course you would take them.  You just don't like it that Kentucky gets so many of them. Calipari is brilliant...you may hate him, but he is still brilliant for understanding the system and what Kentucky basketball is capable of.

All I am really trying to say in all of this is that UK fans respect the hell out of Arkansas.  If your fans came to Rupp people would tell you that we respect you guys ALOT.  We want you to be great because then the SEC will be special.  When Florida is #2 is our big league rival its not as fun because all they care about is football.  Your fan base is the closest thing to UK in the SEC and honestly is one of the best in the nation.  UK vs Arkansas should be the big rival in the SEC.  So don't hate....I get it in league and I get it when we play each other, but once that tourney starts I say WPS!!!  GO BIG BLUE!!  GO SEC!!

Glad to see you are relevant again, but honestly talking smack against UK this year was probably not a good idea. 

I don't think it is a much UK hate as it is Calipari hate.................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Tripod1 on March 02, 2015, 11:40:01 am
Everyone dislikes the one at the top.  You also have to understand we ALL PROGRAMS have some fans that are totally out of touch with reality. 

FIFY
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Randy Johnson

riccoar

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 02, 2015, 12:49:55 pm
I don't think it is a much UK hate as it is Calipari hate.................................
This.  Umass, Memphis, and now he's clean?  Umm, I don't think so.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: LR_Matt on March 01, 2015, 12:56:52 pm
Man, some of yall will need suicide watch when UK wins the NCAA. Be happy for another SEC team.... Or are you still stuck in the SWC???
Be happy for another SEC team? Lay the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard. I hate every other member of the SEC. I don't care if any of them ever win another match in any sport! All of the SEC fans that parade around on this and other boards, as Hog fans, should be ashamed. You inadvertently root against your own teams' recruiting and on field success by rooting for other members. Yeah, I know... it's good for us that the conference is strong in the eyes of the PTB. Yada yada yada... rooting for other members isn't helping our teams win, just like it isn't helping those other members win. It is what it is, and the league will be the strongest, by perception, without Hog fans lowering themselves to root for the enemy.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Kevin

Don't come to this board
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dffhogs

Quote from: dward6351 on March 01, 2015, 02:53:53 pm
Like I said...Good luck to Arkansas.  Haters will hate.  75% of the posts on here seem to be logical people who understand the landscape of todays version of college basketball.  Nobody (not even UK fans) like one and done.  However until they change the rule, if your coach is not focuses on getting kids into the NBA then the top players are not coming to your school.

It sucks..I AGREE...I miss the 3-4 year players, but those days are gone.  So hate UK and Calipari for understanding the mindset of all the top high school players, but I promise you.  Yes I promise you...that if Mike Anderson brought in 5 kids next year that were in the top 10 your fans would be so damn excited it would be nuts.  All 5 would go pro and your fan base would love it because you would be on top of the mountain.

The problem is that's not happening right now at Arkansas so you blame the system on UK.  Kansas had the top two draft picks in the NBA last year - y not get pissed at them. Why isn't Self labeled the same way?

Calipari just does it better than everyone else.  So therefore he is the villain. 

Is Mike Anderson even trying to recruit the best of the best players in high school?

To repeat - agreed...the system sucks.  And for the record this years UK team only has 4 Freshman....7 of their players are not one and done. 

Good luck guys!!  I really do hope Arkansas makes a long run and continues to be a ranked team for years to come.

My problem is with the UK fans.  I lived in Richmond (just south of Lexington) in 92-94. Had a company car with a hog plate on the front of it. It got keyed 6 different times during that time.  Made it kind of hard to root for them....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: riccoar on March 02, 2015, 02:29:03 pm
This.  Umass, Memphis, and now he's clean?  Umm, I don't think so.

Agree. Fans everywhere hate the guy. They hated him before he got to UK and being at UK and them being a traditional power magnifies that hate for him.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 03, 2015, 08:50:15 am
Agree. Fans everywhere hate the guy. They hated him before he got to UK and being at UK and them being a traditional power magnifies that hate for him.

Seems like this would be a good point to post a tribute to my hero, John Chaney.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Porkem

If you took a poll, across the board, of the most passionate fan bases in college basketball, Kentucky would be number one, no contest. Arkansas would be in the top 10.

Now if you took the same poll, across the board, of the most intelligent fans in college basketball, Kentucky fans would be number one, again.

Success and intelligence (understanding the game of basketball) seem to go hand in hand in the Bluegrass state. I'm not sure where Arkansas would rank, but the posters in here don't shed a very positive light.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

tusksincolorado

Quote from: lc480 on March 01, 2015, 02:48:04 pm
I  don't just hate Kentucky I hate every SEC we play >:(

Vandy really doesn't bug me....but All-Barn, well that's a different story!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 03, 2015, 08:59:26 am
Seems like this would be a good point to post a tribute to my hero, John Chaney.

Cal is just a little smug for my taste.

He would fit in very well at Bama.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

code red

Quote from: dward6351 on March 01, 2015, 12:29:00 pm
Look I am a life long UK fan...UK basketball is a religion to me like most UK fans.  I have noticed something over the last few days leading up to this game that kind of shocked me.  I am amazed at how much you guys really hate UK.  I mean listen, its not like there is a love loss with us and Arkansas..in fact its a rivalry so I loved yesterday.  I was laughing because of all the trash talk Arkansas fans were doing.  Quite frankly never seen a 17 pt underdog at Rupp talk so much trash as you guys did but....

I am not here to talk trash, I am here to try to understand the hatred.  As a UK fan, when Arkansas came in our league we were so happy.  Your fan base is awesome...besides us there were no other fan bases that cared about basketball like we do (until Arkansas joined the league).  The 90's were awesome and I hope Anderson can get Arkansas back to where Nolan had them.  Its good for Kentucky, and its good for the SEC.

Look I get it...were are the bully and you want to see us lose, but when I see people say they hope we lose in the tourney to a NON SEC team I just scratch my head.  I would  say 99% of UK fans will be rooting for Arkansas in the tourney.  We wont root for Arkansas in the SEC and we certainly will want you to lose like you did yesterday when we play each other, but  man I just cant get over all the hate

I saw one post on here that said they hoped we lost because we don't do it right and the one and done thing ruins everything.  Let me ask you this question Hog fan...if Karl Anthony Towns and Trey Lyles and Aaron Harrison and John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins (need I go on?) all said they wanted to come to Arkansas but would only there be there for a year - are you telling me that the Hog fans would say no?  Of course you would take them.  You just don't like it that Kentucky gets so many of them. Calipari is brilliant...you may hate him, but he is still brilliant for understanding the system and what Kentucky basketball is capable of.

All I am really trying to say in all of this is that UK fans respect the hell out of Arkansas.  If your fans came to Rupp people would tell you that we respect you guys ALOT.  We want you to be great because then the SEC will be special.  When Florida is #2 is our big league rival its not as fun because all they care about is football.  Your fan base is the closest thing to UK in the SEC and honestly is one of the best in the nation.  UK vs Arkansas should be the big rival in the SEC.  So don't hate....I get it in league and I get it when we play each other, but once that tourney starts I say WPS!!!  GO BIG BLUE!!  GO SEC!!

Glad to see you are relevant again, but honestly talking smack against UK this year was probably not a good idea. 
Ahhhh.....Hello....RAZORBACK SITE.....we will do as we please. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Porkem on March 03, 2015, 09:08:16 am
If you took a poll, across the board, of the most passionate fan bases in college basketball, Kentucky would be number one, no contest. Arkansas would be in the top 10.

Now if you took the same poll, across the board, of the most intelligent fans in college basketball, Kentucky fans would be number one, again.

Success and intelligence (understanding the game of basketball) seem to go hand in hand in the Bluegrass state. I'm not sure where Arkansas would rank, but the posters in here don't shed a very positive light.

Why because we don't like Calipari who's a known cheater?!

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

code red

I disagree.  I don't think we are top 10 in fan bases.  Maybe we used to be but consider UNC, WISC, Kansas...Heck even Michigan and Sparty.  As far as the opinions well I could spew the same garbage about Kentucky fans in football so.  Basically...if you don't wanta read Razorback Love...Go back to a website with Puke Blue.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 03, 2015, 08:59:26 am

One of my favorite coaches and I always wondered what would have happened if he could have gotten his hands on him!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: code red on March 03, 2015, 11:32:46 am
I disagree.  I don't think we are top 10 in fan bases.  Maybe we used to be but consider UNC, WISC, Kansas...Heck even Michigan and Sparty.  As far as the opinions well I could spew the same garbage about Kentucky fans in football so.  Basically...if you don't wanta read Razorback Love...Go back to a website with Puke Blue.

Yes in basketball we are better than some of those you brought up.

flynhog

It's not hate.  Most of it is desire to be better than UK.......

Hate is for Texas..........
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 03, 2015, 09:27:08 am
Cal is just a little smug for my taste.

He would fit in very well at Bama.

He doesn't have the right hairstyle for that state.......................... Uses too much gel and doesn't comb it right.

cj_sez

I don't like Kentucky and that acrimony extends back for decades. When Sutton said he would have crawled to Kentucky, I would have gladly kicked his rear every creeping step of the way. Not because he was leaving UA, but he went to Kentucky.

I remember all the trash talk from Kentucky when Arkansas first joined the SEC. All the boasting that Arkansas added nothing to the conference and would NEVER win at Rupp. Oh yeah....Jan 25th, 1992....Hogs 105...Wildcats 88. And yet, Arkansas was given no respect by Kentucky fans. Not then, and not since.

Then, Calipari comes along with his dirt.

You feel we don't respect your team? So what? Your collective fan base has never respected us and frankly, I don't care nor do I expect them to do so.
References to Mike Anderson on KY fan boards such as "slimeball" or comments that we are irrelevant or that we should end our program when KY steals Malik Monk from us are offensive to us, the fans of the Arkansas Razorbacks.

So no, I will not be rooting for KY during post-season play. Not this season, not next nor any other in the future. I won't be a hypocrite and say I will because of the SEC. Frankly, I'd rather root for Texas and that won't happen either.

Randy Johnson

Quote from: cj_sez on March 03, 2015, 01:23:35 pm
I don't like Kentucky and that acrimony extends back for decades. When Sutton said he would have crawled to Kentucky, I would have gladly kicked his rear every creeping step of the way. Not because he was leaving UA, but he went to Kentucky.

I remember all the trash talk from Kentucky when Arkansas first joined the SEC. All the boasting that Arkansas added nothing to the conference and would NEVER win at Rupp. Oh yeah....Jan 25th, 1992....Hogs 105...Wildcats 88. And yet, Arkansas was given no respect by Kentucky fans. Not then, and not since.

You feel we don't respect your team? So what? Your collective fan base has never respected us and frankly, I don't care nor do I expect them to do so.
References to Mike Anderson on KY fan boards such as "slimeball" or comments that we are irrelevant or that we should end our program when KY steals Malik Monk from us are offensive to us, the fans of the Arkansas Razorbacks.

So no, I will not be rooting for KY during post-season play. Not this season, not next nor any other in the future. I won't be a hypocrite and say I will because of the SEC. Frankly, I'd rather root for Texas and that won't happen either.

wheelspigharvey

You feel we don't respect your team? So what? Your collective fan base has never respected us and frankly, I don't care nor do I expect them to do so...

...I will not be rooting for KY during post-season play. Not this season, not next nor any other in the future. I won't be a hypocrite and say I will because of the SEC. Frankly, I'd rather root for Texas and that won't happen either.

Bingo

code red

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 03, 2015, 12:15:38 pm
Yes in basketball we are better than some of those you brought up.
lol...no way.  As far as environment I go..
1. Duke
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas
4. Wisconsin
5. Syracuse
6. UNC
7. NC State
8. Maryland
9. Virgina
10. Indiana
I'd even go with Butler before the Hogs...Now I will agree with you if you said mid 90's.

rwspear

the 1-and-done is bad for basketball.

kentucky fans are the worst.

thats the best youre gonna get from me.

Biggus Piggus

Another aspect of intelligence is realism of expectations. And another is willingness to throw money at players (prospective, current) in hope of doing something good for the program. Unrealistic expectations and cheat-to-win go hand in hand with basketball in the Bluegrass State.
[CENSORED]!

intelligence

This right here. Respect is earned.

MountieDawg

Quote from: rwspear on March 03, 2015, 04:35:26 pm
the 1-and-done is bad for basketball.

kentucky fans are the worst.

thats the best youre gonna get from me.

So how many Hog fans that will post on Malik Monk's twitter and Hogville not to come to Arkansas because we don't like the One and Done players. I really don't think that you hate the One and Done Players but the fact that Kentucky had 2 last year and probably some 2 and 3 and done this year.
SEC!

lefty08

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 03, 2015, 05:50:32 pm
So how many Hog fans that will post on Malik Monk's twitter and Hogville not to come to Arkansas because we don't like the One and Done players. I really don't think that you hate the One and Done Players but the fact that Kentucky had 2 last year and probably some 2 and 3 and done this year.

I'm in the group that would like to have monk, but I don't think he's a must get. Programs like ours cannot change with 1 season with 1 Guy. The only way 1 and downs can be program changers is through quantity. The way Cal does it. If monk goes elsewhere our program shouldn't miss a beat.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Randy Johnson

gave us the British Invasion

Hogs-n-Roses

The way to stop semi pro ball like KY breeds is to instate none n done. Let em go strait on to the pro s if they want to. It will level the playing field and maybe even restore the game. Option B would be to return to the days like old. Where all kids played 4 years of college ball and the occasional exception was made after 3 years in an extreme case where a kid had to help his family and each situation was actually a need for the family.

LZH

Quote from: hoghiker on March 01, 2015, 04:58:49 pm
If you think Arkansas fans are in the vanguard of disrespect to Kentucky, you have misread the tea leaves. Check out the Rolling Stone piece on your school's team. You've got a bigger image problem than what Arkansas' fans conjure up I can assure you. We may be a little more attuned to Calipari's game because we got to watch what was going on while he was our neighbor  in Memphis.

Nice post....+1.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: code red on March 03, 2015, 02:27:09 pm
lol...no way.  As far as environment I go..
1. Duke
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas
4. Wisconsin
5. Syracuse
6. UNC
7. NC State
8. Maryland
9. Virgina
10. Indiana
I'd even go with Butler before the Hogs...Now I will agree with you if you said mid 90's.

You must not understand that almost ALL of those have gone through bad times with a couple of exceptions. Just because they MIGHT have a good environment now doesn't mean they always have had and always will have. You mention environment now but it was about fan bases before which isn't the same thing. For example I went to a Hog game at UVA a long time ago when they Sampson and we were good and the atmosphere in the old arena they had then was Blah.............I've watched and heard crowds that were quiet at all of those except Kansas (and Duke only since they've had coach K). Out of those you listed the ONLY historical longterm traditional powers are Kentucky, Kansas. Indiana and UNC. The rest have not always been a power unless they had the right coach.........Same as us.

CFB_Fanatic

LOL Gotta give it to the OP. He knows how to troll. Hasnt showed up in the last 2 pages and this thread is still going strong

Westcoasthog

Kentucky with this  SIX STAR CHEATERS COACH CALAPARI KENTUCKY YOU WILL RECKOM THE DAY THAT YOU HIRED CALAPARI WHEN THE NCAA COMES IN AND TAKES DOWN YOUR BANNERS AND PUTS YOU ON PROBATION LIKE WHAT HAPPENED AT UMASS AND MEMPHIS!

Pinkyhog

:razorback: no UK obsession here  :razorback:

beachhog

Trash talking :P

When asked about playing KY in Lexington for the first time, Todd Day answered "We're going to trash Lexington". 

When we beat UK at Rupp the second time,  the reporter asked Dwight Stewart after the game "How did you feel about playing KY"  He responded  "We'll beat KY any day".

LOL!

WPS