Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN writer Jeff Goodman

Started by 010HogFan, February 28, 2015, 06:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 28, 2015, 06:50:27 pm
What the hell? They've only played two road games? What are you trying to say? Why do you even post here?
Cause y'all still let him. we have several that i wonder why they are still around. a couple of which have never had a positive post
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

We may not be a top 25 team tonight , i'm more interested in are we top 25 in the final poll and did we make the sweet 16. those are the telling numbers to me . Rankings now are nice but we will know where we truly stand in March.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogman64

Quote from: KentuckyFan on February 28, 2015, 07:14:28 pm
Goodman is a joke folks.  Arkansas IS a top 25 team.  Has he seen some of the crappy results for other "top 25 teams?"

IMO the SEC has been biased against in the polls.  If you're an ACC or Big XII team with 7, 8 or 9 losses, apparently you're still top 25 or right outside of it.  Anything more than 6 in the SEC and you aren't even considered.

I am sure the other teams ranked 15 thru 25 would have gone in there today and played a lot closer game.... yea right...

billmontgomery10

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 28, 2015, 06:33:09 pm
Kansas is 8-6 away from the Phog and lost to UK worse than we did.

72-40 loss to UK and they were lucky to beat a mediocre at best Texas team at home today when the refs blew a call at the end.

The_Bionic_Pig

Dudley say's he has a personal vendetta (no respect) dating back to Nolan Richardson
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 28, 2015, 09:11:02 pm
Cause y'all still let him. we have several that i wonder why they are still around. a couple of which have never had a positive post

He only wants to be "right" about saying people aren't negative enough. No value in anything he has ever posted on anything.
[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 02, 2015, 06:47:45 am
He only wants to be "right" about saying people aren't negative enough. No value in anything he has ever posted on anything.
"Impartiality" is overrated, IMO.

minman

I think he is wrong, but if that's the only game he's seen from us, I understand why that's his opinion.  Had he watched the first half of the A&M game, he would say differently.  Had he watched the second half of the A&M game, he would probably still be saying the same thing.  We are still up and down.  We are top 25 good on some nights, and not on others.  I hope we are top 25 good on Thursday. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 28, 2015, 06:15:25 pm
His opinion. He maybe right, he maybe wrong

The (23-6) (12-4) record says he's wrong.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Biggus Piggus

The only thing that matters is that Goodman is a mouthpiece for ESPN and feels like he is free to carry on his personal grudge. The guy has very small jones.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas is the lowest-ranked power conference team that has won at least 23 games. But still top 25. It's hard for Goodman to justify his bias.
[CENSORED]!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 02, 2015, 11:18:07 am
The only thing that matters is that Goodman is a mouthpiece for ESPN and feels like he is free to carry on his personal grudge. The guy has very small jones.

He has small man syndrome 'cause he's always lived in the shadow of his big brother, John.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

latrops

Quote from: hogsanity on February 28, 2015, 06:52:45 pm
Im talking in context of people still having doubts about the hogs.  They have played well on the road but in their two marquee games, games that had some national appeal, they got kicked pretty good.

Doubts?  Doubts about what, exactly?  RPI, BPI, AP poll, Coaches poll.....EVERYTHING out there puts Arkansas among the top 25 right now....except Jeff Goodman. 

Our "marquee games" were in two of the toughest places to play in all of the country...one of those games against a team threatening an undefeated, National Title season.  Are you suggesting that to prove worthy of being a top 25 team, we'd have to win at undefeated Kentucky and at Iowa State?  If that is the standard, Kentucky would be the only ranked team.

Aw heck, try to remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion as opposed to everyone is entitled to your opinion. 

This Hog team is the best we have seen in maybe 10 years or more.  Are they really good?  In my opinion, no.  We should make the Big Dance and depending on who we meet in the Dance, we could win 1 or 2.  Also depending on who we meet, we can easily go 1 and done.  I also believe we are a top 25 team.  But this is all just my opinion.  This Goodman fellow is entitled to his opinion.

Rocket23

Goodman is a [CENSORED] bag.  He hates on MA every time he gets a chance.  He is the person, when he was at CBS blogging, spewing non-truths about MA and Mickelson and was flying the flag about Rotnei's supposed mistreatment.  He flat out said MA wouldn't release Hunter, which according to everything I have heard, was bull hockey.

Cresthog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 28, 2015, 06:52:45 pm
Im talking in context of people still having doubts about the hogs.  They have played well on the road but in their two marquee games, games that had some national appeal, they got kicked pretty good.

How fitting you bring up literally 2 of the toughest venues in the country to play in, where both teams happened to shoot the lights out.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cresthog on March 03, 2015, 11:38:52 am
How fitting you bring up literally 2 of the toughest venues in the country to play in, where both teams happened to shoot the lights out.

Fitting, but not shocking. Anyone who has followed Jump Ball is aware of his clear distaste for Mike Anderson.

Pinkyhog

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 28, 2015, 06:13:04 pm
"@GoodmanESPN: This is not meant at disrespect to Kentucky, but I do not feel Arkansas is a Top 25 team. Cats playing great, but not sold on Razorbacks."

http://www.twitter.com/goodmanespn

Give him hell guys.
Just motivation, just motivation  :razorback: :razorback:

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 12247 on March 03, 2015, 11:00:37 am
Aw heck, try to remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion as opposed to everyone is entitled to your opinion. 

This Hog team is the best we have seen in maybe 10 years or more.  Are they really good?  In my opinion, no.  We should make the Big Dance and depending on who we meet in the Dance, we could win 1 or 2.  Also depending on who we meet, we can easily go 1 and done.  I also believe we are a top 25 team.  But this is all just my opinion.  This Goodman fellow is entitled to his opinion.

We're good enough to be a top 25 team and the number 2 team in the SEC out of 14 teams. I would say that's pretty good.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HF#1

Indiana got spanked by an unranked Iowa team and they are still in? 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Atlhogfan1

Disclaimer:  I don't agree with Goodman.  The Hogs are not just top 25 but top 20 and some games better than that for a half at least. 

Goodman may have a vendetta because of Nolan.  I doubt many of the top 25 voters do yet the Hogs are the lowest rated power conference team with 23 wins.  They aren't racist, hate Mike Anderson or biased against Arkansas either.  They just aren't completely sold yet for whatever reason.  The Iowa St and UK games left impressions.  They didn't just happen to shoot well.  We couldn't match up with them defensively and they took advantage of the mismatches(I know that UK is a mismatch for everyone physically).  SMU is the only other top 25 opponent we have played and weren't ranked when we played.  I'm sure they also have some doubts about the strength of some of the teams we have beaten in the SEC.  And as I alluded to earlier, it is hard to find many games where the Hogs have played well throughout.  The top 25 is just an opinion poll formed on impressions of outsiders to every program except the one they cover if they are beat writers or SIDs or coaches. 

Again, I'm not saying I agree with the opinion. 

Quote from: HF#1 on March 04, 2015, 11:48:55 am
Indiana got spanked by an unranked Iowa team and they are still in? 

Utah is 22-6 and is 13th and 1-4 against top 25 teams.  They had a very good December in beating WSU, BYU and UNLV and playing KU to within 3.  That got them in the polls and they have managed to not screw it up as they climbed.  The Hogs would be top 15 and close to the top 10 if not for not playing well those last 6 games of January. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Jborohog09

What exactly is Goodman's beef with Nolan/Mike?

PORKULATOR

Who????? Jeff Goodfarb what? He's a nobody. Obviously a supporter of the "SEC SUX AT BASKETBALL" way of thinking. And obviously an idiot.

Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.